PDA

View Full Version : Reading E78

RC1
September 4th, 2016, 11:08 AM
I'm a noob so go easy on me, just recieved my Flashscan V2. What challenges should I face when trying to Read my E78 (Cruze) PCM. This has a previous Trifecta calibration, but I don't have the stock file at this point. Should I be able to tune over top of the Trifecta calibration? Thank you in advance.

GMPX
September 4th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Oh dear, you might be in trouble because I am sure that Trifecta lock the ECM so nothing else can access it. Is there any way you can get your stock file programmed back in by the Trifecta programmer?

RC1
September 4th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I've tried with no luck to read the cal, get 0311 error, sounds like it's locked. I tried EZ Flash and my original cable from when I bought that tune, but I'm having comm issues. I emailed them for support, we'll see how it goes! Thanks for the reply, looking forward to Flash-scanning stuff!

RC1
September 4th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Would anyone happen to have stock cal for a 13 Cruze 6M/T, just in case I still have Trifecta issues?

GMPX
September 4th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Problem is you can't program over it either, read and flash are blocked. If you can't get anywhere with Trifecta you'll need a new ECM :ermm:

RC1
September 4th, 2016, 02:30 PM
I kind of wondered about that, I've simply asked them to help get the stock tune back in so I can go in for service. There's really no reason for them to deny me that.

RC1
October 6th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Just a quick update on this situation. All I needed for this was the earlier version of EZ Flash, which Trifecta was kind enough to send me. Once I had that, I reloaded the stock tune and continued on from there. This is a lot of fun if not a little bit of a challenge, thanks for the help.

GMPX
October 6th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Good on Trifecta for getting sorted out for you, happy tinkering.