PDA

View Full Version : 1999 O2 replace suggestions

Rico
June 2nd, 2006, 09:28 AM
One bank is hotter than the other. Possible sensor gone bad. Anybody have suggestions as recomended replacements?

Cost Vs Accuracy

ringram
June 2nd, 2006, 09:33 AM
Try open loop tune. Then you dont need anything, well maybe a wideband. LC1 or similar.

Rico
June 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Bosch 13111?

SSpdDmon
June 5th, 2006, 06:14 AM
I say go stock. I've seen the Bosch replacements go off in their own direction - and it's not a good one. One friend has a stock sensor on the driver's side, Bosch OEM replacement on the passenger side, and he'll get get these huge swings in his fuel trims from time to time. Another friend replaced both sensors with the OEM replacement Bosch's and by the time he made it to the front of his neighborhood, his car was getting half the fuel it needed. We pulled the sensor, stuck my LC1 (Bosch WB ironically) in the exhaust, and in open-loop the car was fine....ran a hell of a lot better too. So, go open loop and keep an eye on it with a wideband O2 or get factory AC Delco replacements. Just my $0.02.

Rico
June 5th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks I just picked up some chopped up Y pipe pieces from the wrecker and got a couple spare O2's. Free is good!

Now I can build my own Y pipe, no cats.