PDA

View Full Version : Access Violation Error

Road
September 8th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I am trying to make changes to the injection pump duty cycle on a lml and when I make changes save and close the file and reopen it to flash it I get a access violation error and it locks the software up and have to use task manager to close the file. I am using current public release

GMPX
September 8th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Would you be willing to Email the tune you are using to support@efilive.com with a link to this thread? Unfortunately there isn't a great deal we can do to diagnose from that error shown.

Cheers,
Ross

Road
September 8th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Would you be willing to Email the tune you are using to support@efilive.com with a link to this thread? Unfortunately there isn't a great deal we can do to diagnose from that error shown.

Cheers,
Ross

Ross

Somewhere along the way the file got corrupt. I started with a clean file and am now able to make changes. I can still send the files if you want. Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 15th, 2016, 08:47 PM
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26721-V8-Version-290-Access-Violation&highlight=ACCESS+VIOLATION

Posted in there by mistake, using the v303 or the beta version both locking up he PC with access violation errors.

Cannot open anything with v8.

HHHHEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP !!!

Road
September 15th, 2016, 11:11 PM
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26721-V8-Version-290-Access-Violation&highlight=ACCESS+VIOLATION

Posted in there by mistake, using the v303 or the beta version both locking up he PC with access violation errors.

Cannot open anything with v8.

HHHHEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP !!!
Tony

That is what happened to me. I had to do a system restore to get the v8 software to work. One of your files is causing the error. I sent a file to support that caused the problem and they said the file name was extraordinary long and for now keep the file name under 120 characters and the bug will be fixed in the new update.

GMC-2002-Dmax
September 16th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Yes,

Paul was kind enough to help me yesterday, so I am all good, but I am glad that the issue has been identified and fixed !!!

Thanks for sharing your info as well.