PDA

View Full Version : AC Pressure KPA to Voltage Range

Tre-Cool
September 11th, 2016, 01:56 AM
Would I be correct to assume that the AC Pressure voltage sent to the ecu is 0v = 0kpa to 5v = 3447kpa?

I'm re-using the ac pressure input for my ethanol sensor and just wondering if this could be the cause of my fans always running when the car is running.

Cheers

Dannn
September 11th, 2016, 06:15 AM
Does your ethanol sensor output a voltage or a frequency/pulsewidth?

Most of the ethanol sensors out there output a variable frequency from 50-150hz for content percentage, and a variable pulsewidth for fuel temperature.

Tre-Cool
September 11th, 2016, 03:25 PM
it's a factory sensor connected to a Zeitronix ECA, so i get 2 x 0-5v wires.

I've wired them up to my EGR & AC sensor pins and using a calculated pid works well, but as the ls1 ecu can turn on/off fan's based on AC pressure I want to prevent anything from messing with my fan control.

I've already done a drag season with it wired up, but i only realized on the weekend after looking at the tune again that perhaps this is why i was always running very cold ect.

I will be playing around with the settings in the tune, but figured the efilive guys could give me a straight answer as to what the factory is expecting. Otherwise I'll just start logging the 0-5v signal and play around.

Tre-Cool
September 11th, 2016, 11:31 PM
looks like i was on the right track by maxing out the values for pressure enable and setting 1 for disable i now have proper control over the fans.

joecar
September 12th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Thanks for posting your results.

Which table id...?

Tre-Cool
September 12th, 2016, 12:47 AM
G0911-G0912 for fan 1. In commodore this isnt used as fan1 is normally controlled by bcm

G0918-G0919 for Fan 2.

I still setup fan1 & fan2 turn on/off temps to the same though.