PDA

View Full Version : Catch can

bstuder11
September 11th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Can some of you give me some advice on a good catch can for my 6.0 boosted engine? I'd like to be able to run both banks into it and I want to stay under $100 and I know there is a lot of them out there in that price range and I know a lot of guys that just run hoses to the ground and call it good but I'd like to stay cleaner and I personally think the vacuum when not in boost of course will help on saving oil. In closing my mind is made up on using one I just want some good advice, maybe some prices or even som linkes would be much appreciated! If like to get on eBay and buy one tonight if possible. SINCERELY, Bryan

joecar
September 12th, 2016, 12:34 AM
There are various good ones, but they tend to be pricey.

The good ones have a baffle to seprate oil out from air ( making the air do a sharp turn causes the oil mist to fall out and condense/collect in the bottom ).

I usually remove the wad of steel wool/mesh, I have fear of it being ingested.

bstuder11
September 12th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Well I've seen some cheaper ones with baffles and I mean I've used catch cans before but before I buy another one and since the ls's are notorious for the blow by especially with this much boost I just was hoping to get some good advice preferable a link to some favorites

kirklanc
December 28th, 2017, 10:16 PM
me too
vented, not vented, check valves, 1 or 2 clean lines? soo much info....

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 01:50 AM
There's a good thread on this topic at ls1tech.com, let me find it...

joecar
December 29th, 2017, 01:51 AM
BTW: on ebay I found some $40 cnc-aluminum catchcans that allow you to insert a baffle.

kirklanc
December 29th, 2017, 04:08 PM
here is my CC/ it is baffled but not very well.
I removed the breather and sealed it.
I am guessing here on how to hook it up.
Driver Rear Valve cover to CC.
CC to port on bottom passanger side of LSA snoot
Passanger valve cover to air tube behind the MAF.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ASnjS2LjjFUjcDOh1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINUM-OIL-RESERVOIR-CATCH-CAN-TANK-WITH-BREATHER-FILTER-BAFFLED-BLACK/252838073549?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

What is all this info about 2 check valves and 2 clean side ports.

I really want to keep my LSA clean and engine fresh

joecar
December 30th, 2017, 02:27 AM
Yes, correct, you want no breather.