PDA

View Full Version : EFILive 2bar = 719hp/757tq

Black02SS
June 2nd, 2006, 11:21 PM
First I would like to thank Bob and Brent at Exotic Performance Plus for the use of his dyno on this.

Quick run down of the mods as I know them. I didn't build the car, just tuned it with EFILive Custom 2bar OS. :)

Built 382
Vortech V trim 13lbs
80shot N20
M6 with 3.42's

I have enclosed both Motor only and N20 graphs. Needles to say I am VERY happy on the numbers from this car considering it is on a mustang dyno.

Motor - 637/665

Motor+N20 - 719/757

Timing was consertative as well as the AFR. I could have pulled some more out of her, but I wanted to leave it safe for the customer.

Exotic Performance Plus
June 2nd, 2006, 11:50 PM
Thanks Chad, it was fun having you at our shop. Bob :cheers:

foff667
June 3rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
congrats...that setup is making some great power :D

Tordne
June 3rd, 2006, 01:06 PM
Nice one mate! That would have been a scary combo :eek:

Redline Motorsports
June 3rd, 2006, 03:29 PM
Nice to see you doing more dabiling with the boost!!! I have been getting my fill myself lately!

Tried calling you today but you VM never picked up!

Howard

caver
June 3rd, 2006, 04:26 PM
We are building something very similar at work so it will be interesting to see if we get comparable figures.

Last one we did (stock motor) made 300Wkw at 7psi and 400Wkw with Nos.

Redline Motorsports
June 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
This is good to see more boosted tunes happening!:rockon:

I just finished a GTO with a D-1SC runing 7.1 lbs of boost. Car made 601 RWHP and 535 RWFT. That was with the stock 1 bar.

This next one is a 408 with a D-1SC and 12 lbs of boost. I think this one I want to try the 2 bar/SD tune as its a bit more radical. How is this theory; if your have a large cam and a centrifigal supercharger, wouldn't the pulse's through the MAF be a idle tuning issue? Seems that with the lopey idle and the charger being crank driven that these air volume changes would be picked up by the MAF and complicate the tuning. NO??

Chad, what MAP sensor are you using and what size injectors?

Howard

caver
June 4th, 2006, 12:42 AM
I would imagine that with a blower,big cubes and a cam that the maf would get pegged pretty easily. Another very good reason to turf it.

The blower moves so much air past the maf at idle that most of it gets pumped through the bypass valve. I very much doubt that any significant pulses will make it up the inlet tract against that stream.

We are the Vortech agents for Africa and fit heaps of them to all kinds of cars.
I think we have done 3 or 4 LS1's allready (all with 1 bar tunes done by my competition before I bought my own EFIlive). There are only something like 3 of us in the country with Efilive and only 2 of us actually use it.
The monster build will be starting soon and that will for sure be a 2 bar with N2o operating system. They are talking about a 1000hp and there has been no money spared on components so we will see.

I think its
383ci with forged pistons,crank and rods.Total seal rings
ported heads
ARP everything
Manley valves
Crow valve springs retainers and pushrods
Crow 284 cam
Vortech Blower
Charge cooler
Headers and exhaust
BIG N2o

www.rgmotorsport.com

Black02SS
June 4th, 2006, 12:51 AM
This is good to see more boosted tunes happening!:rockon:

I just finished a GTO with a D-1SC runing 7.1 lbs of boost. Car made 601 RWHP and 535 RWFT. That was with the stock 1 bar.

This next one is a 408 with a D-1SC and 12 lbs of boost. I think this one I want to try the 2 bar/SD tune as its a bit more radical. How is this theory; if your have a large cam and a centrifigal supercharger, wouldn't the pulse's through the MAF be a idle tuning issue? Seems that with the lopey idle and the charger being crank driven that these air volume changes would be picked up by the MAF and complicate the tuning. NO??

Chad, what MAP sensor are you using and what size injectors?

Howard

Sorry Howard, I had my cell forwarded to my house and didn't hear it. I'll try and catch up with you later tonight when I get to work or tomorrow.

twin 255lph intank Fuel Pumps
Motron 60lb injectors
GM 2bar MAP with fins cut. (bolted and sealed)

ZL1Killa
June 6th, 2006, 02:10 AM
First I would like to thank Bob and Brent at Exotic Performance Plus for the use of his dyno on this.

Quick run down of the mods as I know them. I didn't build the car, just tuned it with EFILive Custom 2bar OS. :)

Built 382
Vortech V trim 13lbs
80shot N20
M6 with 3.42's

I have enclosed both Motor only and N20 graphs. Needles to say I am VERY happy on the numbers from this car considering it is on a mustang dyno.

Motor - 637/665

Motor+N20 - 719/757

Timing was consertative as well as the AFR. I could have pulled some more out of her, but I wanted to leave it safe for the customer.

awesome man!!

GMPX
June 6th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Nice one Chad, good numbers, I one day hope to own something pushing figures like that.

Cheers,
Ross