PDA

View Full Version : 2012 cummins ecm dead.

Gear head
September 14th, 2016, 04:44 AM
The ecm had bootloader flash applied with autocal. It went in fine then when i went to put the flash in it went to 100 percent cycled key and now no cummunication. It is a cps5 tune supplied already loaded into the autocal. I own a v2 but sence the tune was in the autocal and licenced i figured use it. I have been tuning class 8 trucks for years alot of cummins but using calt..... not going to finish that one lol. Any time something happens to them just rom boot on the bench. If i had the pen locations for rom booting this ecm i would have already went down that road. When i try to resend any file i get a error saying key is not on.

GMPX
September 14th, 2016, 09:17 AM
It sounds like something with that tune is the issue because if it got to 100% of course that means what flashed in was validated by the ECM is ok but something was obviously messed up and now it is in a reset loop of some sort.
Is the tuner confident the supplied file was a 100% clean base before converting to CSP5 for you?

Gear head
September 14th, 2016, 10:00 AM
It sounds like something with that tune is the issue because if it got to 100% of course that means what flashed in was validated by the ECM is ok but something was obviously messed up and now it is in a reset loop of some sort.
Is the tuner confident the supplied file was a 100% clean base before converting to CSP5 for you?

This is what i think something happened in the convertion process. This is the second time. The first guy bought the second ecm i got the truck with second ecm with the vin programmed.

Gear head
September 14th, 2016, 10:39 AM
how do i pm it won't let me

GMPX
September 14th, 2016, 10:47 AM
You must not have enough posts, just post another 4 messages in here and you should be fine.

Gear head
September 14th, 2016, 11:37 AM
ok got ya

Gear head
September 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM
if you could pm me your email it still won't let me.

cindy@efilive
September 14th, 2016, 12:18 PM
email is ross at efilive dot com.