PDA

View Full Version : Modifying preconfigured serial inputs in Autocal?

Adjellin
September 23rd, 2016, 10:32 AM
I have modified my autocal to data log with a wideband. I had an innovate wb but have since switched to an autometer. Is there a way that I can alter the preconfigured settings of one of the several preconfigured wb options to work with my autometer?

If I use the innovate preconfiguration with my autometer, the readings on my autocal are way off from what my autometer reads.

Help!

Adrian

joecar
September 23rd, 2016, 12:39 PM
Are you logging Lambda or AFR from either wideband...?

Adjellin
September 23rd, 2016, 12:50 PM
Joecar,

With the Innovate I could log either and the Autocal scan would match the Innovate readings. With the Autometer, I cannot seem to get the AFR on the Autocal to match the Autometer gauge. I assume I need to find the file that contains the baud rate and whatnot for the preconfiguration of the Innovate but I have failed to do so thus far.

Adjellin
September 25th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joecar
September 26th, 2016, 04:56 AM
I didn't know the Autometer had a serial comms output (it's not on the V2 wideband dropdown list)...

Please post the Autometer user manual pdf.

Summary:
So your AutoCal is able to read serial comms from the Autometer wideband using the wideband type "Innovate"...?
And the AFR is coming out wrong...?

joecar
September 26th, 2016, 05:00 AM
What about Lambda and/or EQR, do they come out correctly...?

Adjellin
September 26th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Joecar,

I am unsure if the Lambda and/or EQR read correctly. I had assumed that they would also be incorrect since the AFR is not correct.

If I select the "Innovate" type for the AC in V8, the AC will read super low compared to the wideband. i.e. 14.7 on the WB and 3.5 on the AC. If I select any other type besides the Innovate, the AC does not read at all.(Just displays 25.00:1)

I have attached the manual for the Autometer Pro Plus Wideband that I am using.

Adrian

Blacky
September 26th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Joecar,

I am unsure if the Lambda and/or EQR read correctly. I had assumed that they would also be incorrect since the AFR is not correct.

If I select the "Innovate" type for the AC in V8, the AC will read super low compared to the wideband. i.e. 14.7 on the WB and 3.5 on the AC. If I select any other type besides the Innovate, the AC does not read at all.(Just displays 25.00:1)

I have attached the manual for the Autometer Pro Plus Wideband that I am using.

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Based on the section titled "Serial Output" in the document you attached, FlashScan's/AutoCal's serial input is not compatible with the AutoMeter's serial output. It is something that could be added in the future, I'll put it on the list of enhancements.
But for now you can't log the serial data stream from the AutoMeter with FlashScan or AutoCal.

Regards
Paul

Adjellin
September 26th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Hi Adrian,

Based on the section titled "Serial Output" in the document you attached, FlashScan's/AutoCal's serial input is not compatible with the AutoMeter's serial output. It is something that could be added in the future, I'll put it on the list of enhancements.
But for now you can't log the serial data stream from the AutoMeter with FlashScan or AutoCal.

Regards
Paul

Thank you for your reply. Do you have a timeline on when this may be added? I rely on the AC capability to read the serial data from my WB heavily.

I am curious as to what the difference is between the Innovate and Autometer units that is causing the incompatibility with the AC?

Thanks,
Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacky
September 27th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Thank you for your reply. Do you have a timeline on when this may be added? I rely on the AC capability to read the serial data from my WB heavily.

I am curious as to what the difference is between the Innovate and Autometer units that is causing the incompatibility with the AC?

Thanks,
Adrian

The Innovate controllers operate at 19200 baud, the Autometer uses 9600

Innovate sends a very proprietary, binary data message format that includes, among other things, the O2 sensor status, the heater status, heater calibration, AFR and lambda, plus an error code if/when required. The AutoMeter just simply sends the AFR as a text string. They are as far from being compatible as possible.

The data that you see when the Autometer is connected will not be correct.

I don't have any time frame for if/when the Autometer will be supported.

Regards
Paul