PDA

View Full Version : Repository

HOLLIN
October 2nd, 2016, 03:03 PM
Kinda new to tuning guys. I noticed tunefiledepot is'nt working. Any info? Also was wondering if there's a repository like the other tools out there?

joecar
October 2nd, 2016, 03:55 PM
Look inside this thread: Tunefiledepot-has-been-replaced (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26662-Tunefiledepot-has-been-replaced)

HOLLIN
October 3rd, 2016, 01:59 PM
That's awesome. Thanks Joecar. Looks like that's mostly stock files right?

gmperformancecentre
October 3rd, 2016, 06:25 PM
That's awesome. Thanks Joecar. Looks like that's mostly stock files right?

Yes that is right. I'm the one hosting them.

joecar
October 3rd, 2016, 10:51 PM
Yes, correct, Steve at GM Performance Center (Margaret River, WA, Australia) is hosting the stock files.

HOLLIN
October 4th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Joecar I'm new to this. I'm starting with just basics like seeing what I can get out of some factory LS trucks. I got my LS1B done and for no parts I was surprised. I have my bosses truck /E38 and it's a bit more complicated. Do you have any suggestions? Struggling with throttle response. Is it unreasonable to ask people for tuned files? Just starting out and I want to follow etiquette.

joecar
October 4th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Gasoline people usually don't mind giving you their tune to look at... of course it may not work fir your engine/mods, you have to finish the tuning, so to speak.

E38 ETC throttle response is not easy to edit, there may be some tables missing (in general).

Yes, E38 is more complicated, it has VVE (virtual VE aka polynomial coefficient VE).

HOLLIN
October 4th, 2016, 03:48 PM
First of all thank you for taking the time to respond to me. Is there anyone in here you suggest for me to talk about gasoline files? And can I ask your advice in the future on diesel? I saw the ve coefficient folders and thought that might be where I needed to be. Thanks again.

joecar
October 5th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Have you done any gasoline tuning...? If you have you can take a look at the pdf's here: E38-VVE-Setup-Guide (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?8961-E38-VVE-Setup-Guide&p=233204&viewfull=1#post233204)

If you feel up to the task, and have access to the tools (wideband, connector pick), then proceed.

Otherwise talk to a tuner (there are various on the forum).

HOLLIN
October 5th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Thanks joe