PDA

View Full Version : $0351 error

pavetim
October 9th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Trying to flask my tunes from ridgerunner and now getting errors. They sent me a BBX file which had stock ctz file and 5 coz files. I saved them to my SD card and full flashed the stock ctz file no problem but now i go to cal flash to use to coz files and my BBF gives me controller mismatch error.

cindy@efilive
October 9th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Trying to flask my tunes from ridgerunner and now getting errors. They sent me a BBX file which had stock ctz file and 5 coz files. I saved them to my SD card and full flashed the stock ctz file no problem but now i go to cal flash to use to coz files and my BBF gives me controller mismatch error.

$0531 is the controller mis-match error - I assume this is the error you have, not $0351? If that is the case, Ridgerunner has restricted the security of those tune files to match a specific controller serial number and the serial number of your controller does not match. You'll need to contact Ridgerunner for compatible tunes.

Given you can flash one of the tunes provided, if you open the BBX setup in the [F5: BBX] -> [F6: Quick Setup] screen, you'll be able to see the controller serial number security allocated to all of those tune files. Either the file you flashed doesn't have controller serial security, or it's different to the tune file that fails flashing.

Cheers
Cindy

pavetim
October 9th, 2016, 10:05 AM
I recertified my V2 and ecm serial numbers are correct in the ctz file, I cannot look in the coz file. I'll double check the code but it did say controller mismatch

pavetim
October 9th, 2016, 11:20 AM
I don't know what i am doing wrong but i open F5 BBX and nothing there but if i open the tune and use controller information tab the numbers are indeed wrong.

cindy@efilive
October 9th, 2016, 11:44 AM
I don't know what i am doing wrong but i open F5 BBX and nothing there but if i open the tune and use controller information tab the numbers are indeed wrong.

You can't open *.coz files, you can only open *.ctz files.
You can look at *coz file tune security by adding the tune files to the Quick Setup. Navigate to [F5: BBX] -> [F6: Quick Setup], using the green plus on the RHS, add the *coz tune files that they sent you.

In any case, you'll need to have Ridgerunner send you tunes where the controller serial permission matches your actual controller serial.

Cheers
Cindy

pavetim
October 9th, 2016, 11:57 AM
I emailed them i noticed there is a 0 in front of my ECM serial number but my flashscan when i pull it up doesnt have a 0. Strange cause the ctz files i have have only a 0 for ecm serial number and that one flashed

cindy@efilive
October 9th, 2016, 01:51 PM
I emailed them i noticed there is a 0 in front of my ECM serial number but my flashscan when i pull it up doesnt have a 0. Strange cause the ctz files i have have only a 0 for ecm serial number and that one flashed

Where Controller Serial Security is populated with a "0" the security field is not active.

Cheers
Cindy

pavetim
October 9th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Ok makes sense then, so if they accidentally put a 0 in the beginning of my serial number that is probably what's kicking out the error