PDA

View Full Version : AEM wideband gauges

madprof01
June 3rd, 2006, 06:59 PM
Has anyone had problems with AEM wideband gauges? I have 4 of 4 of these have a problem of some kind, and frankly I don't think I will sell any more. What other brands are there that are reliable besides Innovate? Even at that I have sent in my LM-1 twice for repair.
Thanks,
Eric

Tordne
June 3rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
I use a PLX WB which seems to be pretty good. I have seen one by FJO Racing which looks good based on the specs.

Blacky
June 4th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Ross (aka GMPX) uses a PLX and is very happy with it.

I currently use an LC-1 with no problems - so far it matches the dyno wideband. However, I am about to purchase an FJO unit for testing with EFILive, I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards
Paul

Tordne
June 4th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Ross (aka GMPX) uses a PLX and is very happy with it.

I currently use an LC-1 with no problems - so far it matches the dyno wideband. However, I am about to purchase an FJO unit for testing with EFILive, I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards
Paul

Get the FJO dual channel. It looks like an awesome unit... Can use either the NTK or Bosch sensors as well. The dual channel can output obviously for both cannels, but can also apparently output the leanest result. That would be quite cool, rather than having to make a calc PID to achieve the same thing :)

joecar
June 5th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Is this it...?

http://www.fjoracing.com/products/WBAFR/

Tordne
June 5th, 2006, 09:34 AM
That is the link but you want to check the pricing page (PDF) as they have a number of products...

You can get a single channel, dual channel and insane 8-12 channel controller from memory.

So, essentially you choose wither the single or dual (for our purposes) and then decide how rich you are when choosing the sensors :). The controllers work with both the Bosch and NTK (expensive) sensors.