PDA

View Full Version : Torque converter unlock when throttle is released

LStruckguy
October 10th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone, I am new here to the EFI live forum. I have been using EFI live for about a year now, tuning various vehicles that my friends or myself own. Mostly transmission tuning. I have done a good bit with the 4L60s and have recently begun working on modifying the tune on a 2002 Silverado with the 6.0 gas engine and the 4L80 transmission. I only have one question, when I release the gas pedal when the throttle position sensor indicates zero, the torque converter unlocks. Now, I realize this happens with many vehicles on the GM's platforms. I was wondering if there is any way with EFI live software to alleviate this issue. There are no drivability or mechanical problems associated with this, it is only my personal preference to have the torque converter remain locked unless the brake pedal is pressed or a shift is performed. Again, this is with a 2002 Silverado 6.0 gas/4L80 transmission. Thanks!

joecar
October 10th, 2016, 05:10 PM
All truck calibrations do this (unlock the TCC on zero throttle, regardless of the TCC release curves);

Corvette/Camaro/Firebird calibrations kept the TCC locked (unless the operating point fell below the TCC release curve, of course).

HPT exposes the parameter to control this for some OS's.

joecar
October 10th, 2016, 05:15 PM
If you're trying to hold the TCC on a 4L80E, prior to HPT exposing this parameter, we would achieve this by modifying the wire harness to allow the 4L60E segment in the PCM to control the 4L80E trans (invert the 2-3 shift signal, eliminate the 3-2 control signal, drive the TCC from non-PWM signal).

LStruckguy
October 11th, 2016, 01:40 AM
Ok thanks for the reply, sounds like I will just leave that parameter be, not a big enough deal to worry about.

Highlander
October 15th, 2016, 02:24 PM
What OS number do you have?