PDA

View Full Version : Live Scan

RC1
October 11th, 2016, 06:26 AM
I've figured out how to view the dash while scanning live, but I believe there is also a way to view the active cell in the VE table for example. Is this true and if so how do I accomplish this?. Thanks in advance. This is an E78 ECM in case it matters.

joecar
October 11th, 2016, 10:00 AM
If you have both the V7 scantool and V7 tunetool open, and in the scantool you're logging the pids mentioned as "Link Pid" on the VE table's axes, then you can track the active cell in the VE table.

Now, if the VE table's axes do not mention any "Link Pid", you can add one by editing E78_link.ini, goto the VE table's id, and add row and column entries mentioning the relevant pids (e.g. SAE.MAP and SAE.RPM, for example).

Post your E78 file here, and a log file.

RC1
October 11th, 2016, 01:09 PM
The most current tune and scan are attached. Unfortunately I'm new to this so most of what you said makes no sense at this point, although I definitely don't see Link Pid on either axis of the VE table.

joecar
October 11th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Add these pids (to your existing pids to log)(in the scantool on the PIDs tab):
- GM.ETCTP
- SAE.BARO
- SAE.LAMBDA

and take another log.

Then do this:
- see attached files calc_pids.txt and E78_Link.ini.txt...
- move calc_pids.txt to C:\Users\you\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration.
- rename E78_Link.ini.txt to E78_Link.ini and move to C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration.
- open your new log file in scantool (containing above pids)...
- ... goto PIDs tab, select pid CALC.MAP_BARO, go File->Save (and overwrite the log file).
- start the tunetool, goto VE table B8101, you should see the active cell highlighted.

Also, in tunetool, go Edit->Properties->Scanner and checkmark both items under Pid Data Links, this makes the active cell more visible.

( I made a prototype E78_Link.ini file by copying the E38_Link.ini and editing B8101's col... you can edit it to suit your E78 file )

RC1
October 12th, 2016, 12:53 AM
Thank you, I will try this tonight and let you know how I make out.

joecar
October 12th, 2016, 07:14 AM
What year/model/vehicle do you have...?

RC1
October 12th, 2016, 10:54 AM
2013 Cruze LT 1.4T 6M

RC1
October 12th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Ok I've apparently lost my mind when it comes to the simple stuff here. I've been able to add those couple of PIDs to the list and saved it. At the top of the screen in the Flash Scan tab it gives me the option to Program Selected Pids to Flashscan, but it is greyed out so I don't have access. I've attached a pic to show this.
What is the absolute easiest way to load my new PID selections in? I seem to have lost my mind here. Thank you.

joecar
October 12th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Disconnect (red button at upper left)...

RC1
October 14th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Ok so I've managed to get the new PIDs logged, but I still have a little issue. The cell does not show active while Scan and Tune are both open and logging, it does not move from the top left corner of the chart. The other thing I noticed is that SAE.BARO and SAE.LAMBDA values did not change at all while logging. Thanks for all the help, still a bit of a dummy when it comes to some of this stuff.

joecar
October 15th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Post screenshots (use software to capture Windows screenshot... for example try Greenshot).

SAE.BARO will stay pretty much at the same value (barometric pressure).

SAE.LAMBDA staying constant is a problem that we're trying to figure out.

RC1
October 15th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Ok so looking at Data, the Map_Baro does move for sure, as does Lambda, so I guess it's just the Live cell issue that is open. Is there any reason why I get the "Access Denied" when I try to mod and then save the .ini file?

joecar
October 16th, 2016, 01:22 PM
On the PIDs tab, on eiach pid that has units psi or lb do rightclick->Metric.

Which ini file are you trying to edit...?

RC1
October 16th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Ok I've changed the MAP and BARO to Metric, is that what we believe will help our live cell issue? As for the .ini file, in a previous post you said you copied and edited the E38 file, renamed it E78 and that I could edit it to suite my needs. Again I'm a little new to some of these types of files so please bear with me.

joecar
October 16th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Ok, copy the ini file to the desktop, edit it there, and then copy it back to its folder.

After doing this, restart both scantool (and open your log file) and tunetool, post screenshots of tunetool table.

RC1
October 16th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Ok the .ini edit on the desktop worked perfectly. My laptop battery is almost dead so I may have to wait for a log until later, but I've attached the screenshot and the Link_ini does show up in column now.

RC1
October 19th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Just like to finish up by saying thank you joecar for your patience in getting me through this issue. I took a log and the live cell is active, so back to tuning I go. Wide band is next on my list, and my guess is I may a question or 2 for you. Thanks again.

joecar
October 19th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Please post your log file so I can sanity check it.