PDA

View Full Version : TPS reading 99.6% does not change after installing new turbo and tune

Miznat
October 11th, 2016, 03:42 PM
I just recently installed a new stg2r turbo on my LBZ and uploaded a new tune from rob. I have had other tunes from rob with stock turbo with no issues. The truck now drives like it only has 40-50% throttle no full throttle. So I decided to look at rob suggested PIDs and noticed The TP is stuck at 99.6% on the scan tool. I thought it might be in the tuning, rob had no idea. I went to mark at Danville for one of his tunes, no change. I've install a new pedal and flashed my stock tune without any success. I've read you can relearn the TP don't know if this true but I would like to have any suggestions on how to fix this issue.
Thanks,

Miznat
October 12th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Follow up to last post. The TP reads 99.6% the TPR reads 100% and the TPA response with the pedal.

kevinhh
September 12th, 2019, 10:41 AM
I have a 06 that I just replaced the turbo on and now I have the same symptoms. Was wondering if you ever figured yours out any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Miznat
September 13th, 2019, 02:34 AM
I have a 06 that I just replaced the turbo on and now I have the same symptoms. Was wondering if you ever figured yours out any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Yes I did. I blew a hole in the intercooler. Perform a boost leak check on the system and go from there. Hope this helps.

kevinhh
September 13th, 2019, 06:11 AM
Yes I did. I blew a hole in the intercooler. Perform a boost leak check on the system and go from there. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the info I'm going to do that when I get home today. What about your TP reading did it change when you put the new intercooler in or stay the same?
Thanks.

Miznat
September 13th, 2019, 06:25 AM
Thanks a lot for the info I'm going to do that when I get home today. What about your TP reading did it change when you put the new intercooler in or stay the same?
Thanks.

It stayed the same. Apparently there is no TP sensor on the LBZ because there is no throttle plate to have a sensor on. It