PDA

View Full Version : When to get bigger injectors

BADCADDY
October 14th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Hey folks, I have a 2009 CTS-V, kooks headers and x pipe, high flow cats, 2.55 pulley, still stock injectors.
I was told they'd hold but we are dipping into colder weather here and I'd rather be safe than sorry. On my latest log the IDC said 127. And I believe pulse width went up to 26 at one point I don't think that's good.
What size injectors should inbe looking for, a cam and nitrous are my next power mods.
Also after installing the injectors exactly what all do I calibrate ? Thanks in advance I'm very new to all this it's a lot to learn.

joecar
October 15th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Anytime IDC exceeds 100% the injectors can't supply the fuel that the ECM is requesting...

at 127% you are dangerously lean;

for safety, injectors should be big enough to keep IDC below say 80-90%.

BADCADDY
October 15th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Is the IFR the only thing I calibrate? After install

joecar
October 15th, 2016, 08:31 AM
No... you also need the injector characteristics data for the other injector tables.

BADCADDY
October 15th, 2016, 01:33 PM
I'm assuming all that's sent to me when I purchase them, (sorry so many questions) do we have a tutorial I can read through?

statesman
October 15th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I'm assuming all that's sent to me when I purchase them, (sorry so many questions) do we have a tutorial I can read through?

ID gives you data with their injectors... but they are seriously expensive injectors.

Good luck trying to get injector data from any other injector seller.