PDA

View Full Version : DTC P0300 and P0174

68problemchild
October 18th, 2016, 04:30 AM
Hello all. It has been about 5 years since my last post. I have an LSX 376 (E38) mated to a 4 speed automatic (T42) in a 68 Camaro. Ian you may remember me!

In any case, it has been throwing all kinds of codes after 5 years of running awesome. I changed everything mechanical. MAF, Throttle body, injectors, Coils, O2 sensors, wires, lifters, air filters, electronic gas pedal, you name it. Since I have not programmed for so long I was pretty clueless how to hook it all up again.

I was able to record a tune today. The passenger side bank is clearly missing and the exhaust smells like way too much fuel unburned. My tuner who made final mods 5 years ago is too busy to help now. But he thinks my computer may be bad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

joecar
October 18th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Your log shows HO2S11 (Bank1, B1, left bank) voltage staying high, indicating overfueling on B1...

it might be caused by faulty NBO2 sensor on B1, or leaking injectors on B1.

gmh308
October 19th, 2016, 12:54 PM
What Joe said ;).

joecar
October 19th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Hey Ian,

How's it all going...? :)

I just read what I wrote and my spelling is bad enough to make my grammar look poor.

68problemchild
October 20th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Thanks guys. Its nice to hear from you all. I will replace the sensor and resend a log. Injectors have been changed.:thumb_yello:

gmh308
October 20th, 2016, 12:54 PM
LOL great thanks Joe. Your spelling & grammar looked fine. :)

Hey Ian,

How's it all going...? :)

I just read what I wrote and my spelling is bad enough to make my grammar look poor.

68problemchild
October 21st, 2016, 07:05 AM
Hello guys. Here are two logs from today with a new O2 sensor in bank one. First is relatively cold. Number "4" is after warm up. The injectors were new a couple of months ago but perhaps they are still a problem?

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

joecar
October 21st, 2016, 10:30 AM
B1 O2 sensor voltage shows it being less responsive compared to B2...

68problemchild
October 25th, 2016, 03:40 AM
I will go through the wiring on the B1 O2 sensor but is it likely this is a computer issue?

joecar
October 25th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Swap the O2 sensors B1 with B2 and see if the problem follows the O2 sensor or if it stays on the bank.

gmh308
October 25th, 2016, 02:42 PM
If it was an ECM problem - would be the first I ever heard of. :)

What Joe said ^^^ :)

68problemchild
November 4th, 2016, 03:05 AM
This is a log after a new O2 sensor in bank 1. I also had a tuner out yesterday looking at the tune. Its still super rich and he made some changes. Also, at key on the intake "pops' and blows the cap off the by the throttle body/intake. Uhg. Any help here appreciated. It truly has been difficult to nail this down.20410

Thank you all in advance.

PS, this is with all new plugs in yesterday too.

68problemchild
November 6th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Also throwing codes at idle...
P0101 Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0106 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Again, thank you all in advance for any ideas...

68problemchild
November 7th, 2016, 02:53 AM
This am, after the intake again popped hoses off at key on.20417
Its barely idling, difficult to start and stalls.
Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide on this.

Tre-Cool
November 7th, 2016, 03:23 AM
have you checked the simplest of things like good grounds on the motor/harness?

nothing has burnt through etc?

68problemchild
November 7th, 2016, 04:05 AM
OMGosh. :fluffy:

All this time one of my 3 battery grounds was off and hidden beneath the battery. Thank you so much for this idea! I think I get more humbled every day. Lol.

The tune is still way off, but I think maybe reloading the original pre ground issue tune may help. Here is post ground reconnect....

Looks like my O2 sensor problem is still there...

68problemchild
November 8th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Hello all. My thanks to everyone for the prior assistance in nailing this down. Since my electrical issue has been resolved, I restored this original tune which seems to idle, start, and recognize consistent O2's. It does however seem pretty rich still. If someone could view and comment weather the car needs tune tweaking, it would be greatly appreciated as I have not used the software in sometime.

Enclosed is a log from this morning with the original tune reinstalled. This seemed to operate well for the last 5 years but also seems rich ?

Thanks all for the much appreciated input and ideas.

Tre-Cool
November 8th, 2016, 03:32 AM
did you just have it running/idling or did u take it for a drive. fuel trims might need need a bit of a relearn if it's been dumping fuel in etc.

if the earth was not working properly it would of been putting fuel through but not sparking properly and thus added in additional fuel. now that its okay the trims are learning to pull it back out.

68problemchild
November 8th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Tre-Cool, you are correct again. All is running normally. Thank you and everyone for your invaluable input. After 8 months of garage sitting and changing parts its back in action.

You cannot imagine how happy I am.

Patrick