PDA

View Full Version : October 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release

Blacky
October 30th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
Download V7.5 Beta (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.9.313_Beta.exe) (104 MB)
Download V8 Beta (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.4.307_Beta.exe) (69 MB)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE:
The EFILive beta software is available to all users. We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. If you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends that beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

IMPORTANT:
During the beta test phase, the EFILive software and firmware version numbers have been updated multiple times as follows:

[*=1]Version 7.5 software: V7.5.7 to V7.5.8 and again to V7.5.9.
[*=1]Version 8 software: V8.2.2 to V8.2.3 and again to V8.2.4.
[*=1]Firmware: V2.07.104 to V2.07.105 and again to V2.07.106

Those version number changes reflect two major compatibility updates:

[*=1]The *.ctz and *.coz tune files' internal formats have been updated.
Any tune file saved with one version cannot be opened using a previous version.
A tune file saved with a previous version can be opened with a later version.
For the purpose of determining tune file compatibility, the third digit of the software version number is used.
[*=1]The *.obj read/flash script files have been updated.
If you create a *.bbx quick setup file for your customers' AutoCal devices using this software and firmware version, then you must ensure that the users' AutoCal devices are also using this software and firmware version.

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_306.htm)

Key Features:

[*=1]2017 Cummins support.
[*=1]Controller Authorization to manage heightened security protocols for 2017 GM controllers.
[*=1]The first release of 2017 GM vehicle support including updated E92 Corvette and E82 ECM for LGX 3.6L V6.
[*=1]Changes to Remote Linking/Unlinking of AutoCal.
[*=1]Updated documentation to support recently added features.

Please note, with many new OS's released for 2017 models over several different ECM types, unsupported OS's may take some time to be completed and may not be currently supported in this release.

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.9 Build 313 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.4 Build 307 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.106 (Oct 27, 2016)To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:
Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue 3:
Some E84 *.ctz files are not recognized as E84 files correctly by the EFILive V7 tune tool software.
Workaround:
None.

Issue 4:
Changing the display units of a PID in the V8 scan tool (on the data, gauges, charts or maps tab pages), followed by opening the Edit->Properties window, followed by changing the same PID's units again can sometimes result in the wrong units being displayed or in an access violation.
Workaround:
Close/reopen any scan tool windows after using the Edit->Properties window. Or use the Edit->Properties window (if necessary) prior to opening any scan tool windows.

Issue 5:
The PID labeled GM.TCBVP "Turbocharger Boost Vacuum Pressure" is incorrectly showing the value of the PID Turbocharger Boost Gauge Pressure.
Workaround:
None.

auspeed
October 30th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Is there anywhere I can read what the specific changes are for the T43 - Added support for new operating system and enhancements to existing operating systems.

cindy@efilive
October 30th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Is there anywhere I can read what the specific changes are for the T43 - Added support for new operating system and enhancements to existing operating systems.

The changes I have listed between the July public release and now are:

D9440 Inertia modifier based on commanded torque and RPM. Based on the calz dates, these may have been included in build 311.

OS 24276638 - added build 313.
OS 24276633 - added build 311.

Cheers
Cindy

540sscamaro
November 1st, 2016, 04:18 AM
Hello, Flashed in a speedo change on a 2017 sierra. Coolant temp gauge now doesnt work, and fans stay on. Tried flashing back to stock- same thing. Is there a work around or any reported issues? Im using the newest beta, Truck op 12677878.

540sscamaro
November 1st, 2016, 05:09 AM
Full Flash seams to eliminate the problem.

GMPX
November 1st, 2016, 10:05 AM
That is very strange, this is an E92 right?

Mitco39
November 1st, 2016, 02:43 PM
Can I ask what specifically was changed with regards to autocal linking/unlinking from the Sept release?

Thanks

Mitch

Blacky
November 1st, 2016, 02:46 PM
Can I ask what specifically was changed with regards to autocal linking/unlinking from the Sept release?

Thanks

Mitch
Nothing was changed about the linking/un-linking in the most recent beta release, the "Key Features" refer to all beta releases since the last public release in July 2016.

Regards
Paul

cindy@efilive
November 1st, 2016, 02:48 PM
Further to Paul's comment, the What's New document provides an entire list of changes between public release software versions.

Items in Orange document changes in this release.
Items in Black document changes made in previous beta releases.

Cheers
Cindy

Mitco39
November 1st, 2016, 02:51 PM
Good to know!

Thanks guys.

Road
November 1st, 2016, 11:45 PM
Anything special we need to know about the new security on the 2017 GM? Other software is charging triple for license and takes 2-3 days to get a unlock code. Thanks

540sscamaro
November 2nd, 2016, 01:30 AM
Yes E92 ECU. I tried multiple times. Then flashed stock back in. Still no gauge-fans on. Full flashed it stock and moded, now fans shut off properly and heat gauge works.
That is very strange, this is an E92 right?

GMPX
November 2nd, 2016, 08:58 AM
Anything special we need to know about the new security on the 2017 GM? Other software is charging triple for license and takes 2-3 days to get a unlock code. Thanks
There is documentation on how the Auth-Code system works (Help > Documents > Controller Authorization), but the short version is when you attempt to read a 2017 ECM for the first time it will initially fail, but when it does you get an Auth-Code. You go to the store and order a 'Controller Authorization Code (http://www.efilive.com/controller-auth/controller-auth-code)' (currently $50 US). Depending on the time of day (eg, during NZ & Australian business hours) you'll be sent back another Auth-Code that will unlock your ECM for reading and flashing.
These are manually processed orders so there is some delay because someone has to be actually here working to generate the code, but if we are here you'll typically get a code within 30 mins of submitting the order if we see if come through the store.
It is a one off code that will only work on the ECM you submitted the Auth-Code for.

Currently the only controller that cannot be tuned AT ALL even with these new Auth-Codes is the 2017+ T87A 8 speed TCM. That is locked down even further than the ECM's and we have no solution for that controller at the moment.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
November 2nd, 2016, 09:21 AM
Yes E92 ECU. I tried multiple times. Then flashed stock back in. Still no gauge-fans on. Full flashed it stock and moded, now fans shut off properly and heat gauge works.
It actually sounds like the Flash didn't complete correctly on the cal flash which is why the Fans defaulted to on and the gauges stopped working. But there is many checks before, during and after a flash to make sure that doesn't happen. I assume it appeared to flash ok when you did the cal flash ?

540sscamaro
November 2nd, 2016, 09:43 AM
It worked correctly when i full flashed it. But i didnt try another cal flash. I have a couple more coming in shortly. I will see if they do the same.

It actually sounds like the Flash didn't complete correctly on the cal flash which is why the Fans defaulted to on and the gauges stopped working. But there is many checks before, during and after a flash to make sure that doesn't happen. I assume it appeared to flash ok when you did the cal flash ?

GMPX
November 2nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
It worked correctly when i full flashed it. But i didnt try another cal flash. I have a couple more coming in shortly. I will see if they do the same.
Ok thanks, please let us know how they go. There hasn't been any similar issues reported by others that I am aware of on any E92's (including the new 2017 changes).

Cheers,
Ross

Tre-Cool
November 2nd, 2016, 01:31 PM
Can we get the VVE maps back for the E83b calibrations? I mentioned it in the last beta. it'll just save me having to mess around using an older cal file when the support was there. :-)

GMPX
November 2nd, 2016, 02:38 PM
Problem is we used to configure the E83 with another controller (E78 from memory), we then split the two ECM's and must have lost the VVE addresses for all E83's, I don't recall exactly. I know it is a pain for you but you are the ONLY person asking about it, unfortunately with the flood of 2016 OS's which we are still getting through and new 2017 OS's everyone is waiting on support for I can't see the three or four days needed to get the E83 sorted will happen in the time frame you are hoping for.

Tre-Cool
November 2nd, 2016, 02:41 PM
Oh it's not a big deal. I just figured it would be possible to just copy the config data out of the old cal file and add it in or merge with the latest one?

GMPX
November 2nd, 2016, 04:44 PM
I thought you sold the Cruze for the Colorado?

Tre-Cool
November 2nd, 2016, 04:48 PM
Nah, still got it (for now). It's a good little jigger. Used car market is also pretty dead anyway so i rotate between the cruze/colorado to get to work.

GMPX
November 3rd, 2016, 07:20 AM
Used car market is also pretty dead anyway so i rotate between the cruze/colorado to get to work.
For sure, I took a big hit on the sale of my Diesel Cruze mid year. It only had 14,000 on it, 3 years old and I got less than half what I paid for it!

ScarabEpic22
November 3rd, 2016, 04:31 PM
For sure, I took a big hit on the sale of my Diesel Cruze mid year. It only had 14,000 on it, 3 years old and I got less than half what I paid for it!

I almost sold my Sonic to get something slightly larger, but didnt want to lose over 50% what I paid for it in 3 years. So I'm modding the crap out of it instead haha.

Tre-Cool
November 6th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Installed latest beta, Yay for being able to see above 255kpa from sae.map now!

GMPX
November 7th, 2016, 07:28 AM
What a mess they created with those PID changes, oh well, all good now.

Snipesy
November 7th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Well I full flashed the Cruze with the new beta, and I can safely say nothing bad happened ;).

Also how important is the 40 second rule, at least for newer ecms. I've just been completely ignoring it lately and starting the vehicle the moment I hear the lift pump turn on (like a split second after the flash).

GMPX
November 7th, 2016, 12:39 PM
The way we come up with that number is to monitor the ECM's current drain on the bench. On nearly every ECM when you turn the IGN off the ECM doesn't actually instantly power down, it goes and does some housekeeping duties that is cannot do whilst running the engine. What we've done was time the shutdown process for each ECM and use that as a guide for users. I don't know if it is absolutely necessary, but GM also have a similar thing with TIS telling users to key off for a minute before starting the vehicle after a reflash....it's your call if you do it or not.