PDA

View Full Version : Rail Pressure tuning

Orange Stroker
November 9th, 2016, 07:31 AM
I'd like to pick some guys brains. I'm looking for some advice on tuning Rail pressure to follow desired quicker when the throttle is stabbed as well as best ability to get the most out of a pump. Seems like all the tuning i do actual doesn't meet desired for a second or two and sometimes even longer but then i'll data log another tune in a truck with the same PW and rail pressure follows way faster. Any insight and knowledge behind it would be greatly appreciated!! Also if someone could explain to me the differences in what's going on with the new 10+ trucks and how the regulator is controlled as all the tuning side is completely different from that of early 6.7 and 5.9s. Thanks in advance!!!

2007 5.9
November 12th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Lessen the pulse when your stabbing the throttle

Orange Stroker
November 22nd, 2016, 06:53 AM
Lessen the pulse when your stabbing the throttle

In most of my tunes i do. I pull the PW down below what WOT is at by very signifigant amounts from 80mpa clear to 140mpa. I've attached a picture of how i normally do them. Disregard the data log int eh screenshot as it is for a different truck/issue. My computer just wont save a crop for some reason.

Or are you referring to a completely different method?

EverydayDiesel
March 2nd, 2017, 11:44 AM
Why do you modify rail pressure? It seems like this should be pretty close to stock but I am for sure still learning.

LB72004
March 2nd, 2017, 09:19 PM
Try pressing [alt] + [prt scr] (you my need to also hold down the [FN] key) to screen shot the active window instead of the whole screen. Then you can paste it into paint or the program of your choice to crop it down

tylerltr450
March 9th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Just use the snipping it tool built into windows for screen shots.