PDA

View Full Version : A little help with a tune please

LS-SWAPPER
November 9th, 2016, 12:25 PM
So I'm working on a 5.3L truck engine with LS1 intake and cable throttle body but retaining the gen 3 truck MAF. I has a mild/moderate street cam, I forget the numbers but it wasn't crazy, maybe a step or 2 above a stock LS6 cam. Behind it is a fresh built 4L60e, as far as I know it has a stock style converter (which might be playing into my issue). The only other abnormality is the injectors are GEN4 truck style injectors, part number 12613411, which I believe are 32#/hr at 42psi. It has a vette style filter regulator so it is not referenced to vacuum. Its in a classic truck, needs to be a good street driver, not worried about ET times.

I feel like I have it pretty well dialed in, it starts up well cold or warm. It transitions from P/N to Gear with no issues and it drives down the road fine. The only issue is rolling idle. In gear, foot off the brake, rolling in the parking lot. The RPMs get a little low and now and then in will die. I am getting further and further into custom tuning, but I am not as proficient as I want to be yet, I just hate stabbing in the dark. I am not overly familiar/comfortable with throttle cracker and rolling idle...but I feel like those are the areas I need to be working with at this point??? Or is it perhaps a timing adjustment that could help me? Here is the tune file and a parking lot data log. Any help is greatly appreciated.

joecar
November 9th, 2016, 02:50 PM
It sounds like it needs TC/TF/idle tuning (which happens to be tedious)... I'll find you some links...

You will need to make sure VE and MAF are correct (at least to within a few percent)... even if mild/moderate cam seems to run ok on stock VE, idle is highly dependent on good airmass values.

Looks like you got the injector data correct.