PDA

View Full Version : Minimum Time In Gear For TC Lockup (Can This Be Added??)

30 RUM
November 10th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Can EFILive please add this calibration to the 10-17 files? With the 13-17's it would be great to have access to this calibration to help eliminate the flair shift from 4th to 5th when the TC is locked using medium to light throttle. The trucks also seem to flair shift from 3rd to 4th when the TC is locked as well with medium to light throttle. I have no problems during WOT shifts. Logging the truck you can see when the TC is locked, then it unlocks to make the shift then takes a bit to re lock (causing the flair). With the 5th to 6th shift, the trans does not seem to do this. I have lowered all of the partial lock tables, and verified the unlock tables are not overriding the lock tables, to help eliminate this problem. It seems to be a time limiter of some sort. Maybe I'm missing something, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Sam

Mitco39
November 10th, 2016, 04:33 AM
I have noticed the same sort of thing, you are not alone.

30 RUM
November 10th, 2016, 04:50 AM
Yes the 07.5-12's shift better in that regard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

GMPX
November 10th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Oh boy, I spent a long time recently updating the 13-17 engine cals and was happy to sign them off for a bit. I'm currently working on another project so I'm not sure when I could look at this problem but I will keep it in mind when I generate the calibrations for the new CSP OS's coming down the pipeline.
By the way, please don't be insulted as owners of these vehicles, but the trans controls were designed by someone who should be in an asylum, probably the hardest thing I have ever had to map by a long shot, so finding things like you've asked for is no easy task. You know before a big sports game the players have to rev themselves up, that kind of happens here with trans controllers :mrgreen: