PDA

View Full Version : Racetronix 01D030B Injector Settings

aaronc7
November 14th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Hi all. Car is a 2003 C5 Z06. Cracked #7 cylinder/water jacket, so a basic forged engine rebuild is underway. Enough stuff is changing that the car is going to require a retune.

I have been running on the previously noted injectors at my tuner's recommendation. Going to tune myself this time around. I am digging into the tune now... some of the values he used for the injector settings don't jive with the provided info sheet for the injectors. I am trying to figure out if the tables are most likely incorrect or I'm not understanding the table descriptions exactly or something else I'm not considering.

There seems to not be a lot of definitive info on these injectors. As a Plan B- before I dig any deeper into this, do you guys think it would just be a better idea to get some comparable 36-42lb/hr injectors that are well known or already used on OEM GM applications? I was thinking LS3 injectors or something along those lines.

IFR table is pretty straightforward, not worried about that. I been mainly focusing on B3701 Injector voltage offset and B4005 small pulse adjust. The injector sheet provides a basic voltage vs offset spec (see attachment). Really nothing for B4005 other than it says "Minimum linear PW: 1.56ms", which I assume to mean it behaves linearly above that PW.

What conflicts me is the tuner set values don't align with the spec sheet. The values that my current tune has, I have ran across a couple times in my online searching, but it was mostly "I found these settings online somewhere" vs some real discussion on the topic.

Anyone who has tuned with these, any tables you can share or tuning tips? Still open to buying a different set of injectors if that's the best way forward. I don't want to obsess too much over little things that don't matter to much, but I'd like to get these right and hopefully myself some time and hassle later down the road.

Highlander
December 20th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Throw them away... get different injectors with good known data... ID or some other. Stock L92/LS3/LS7 injectors will work nicely with these C5s.

Do not tune the car with them, specially with a big cam... it is just a nightmare... Good luck.

aaronc7
December 20th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the reply and your honesty. I have a mild to medium cam, 226/230 .604/.604. I actually got these injectors at my tuner's recommendation. Low throttle and idle were OK but not great.

Based on the lack of responses and further research I'm actually way ahead of you, already purchased some of the 'gtp' injectors with data all over here and hptuners forums. I looked at the LS3 injectors as well, but found a great deal on some newly cleaned/tested GTP injectors, so it was hard to pass up. As soon my engine rebuild is done I'm going to be swapping over injectors and starting the tuning process.

Highlander
December 20th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Those are good... i think GM actually had an LS1 ECU with those injectors. So perfect data should be available... I believe they are 39lb?

Thanks

aaronc7
December 20th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Correct, it was called the ASA Corvette tune or something along those lines. I believe at 4 bar pressure they are something like 39.8 or 39.9 lb/hr at the 0 kPa vacuum cell in the Gen3 tables.