PDA

View Full Version : E80 Boost target

Giambals
November 21st, 2016, 09:41 AM
How is the boost target handled on the E80? I can not find a boost target table, so I am assuming it is calculated?

GMPX
November 21st, 2016, 10:29 AM
We are going to add in some more boost related tables soon, there is probably not enough in there at the moment for full control.

Giambals
November 21st, 2016, 11:49 PM
OK great. I'm learning the E80/EFI Live as I go so sorry to keep asking question. Doesn't seem like there is much info out there on it yet. Is there an injector flow table missing as well, or does this controller just assume linear pulsewidth / injection rate relationship until it hits the small pulse threshold?

GMPX
November 22nd, 2016, 08:31 AM
I think we had an injector flow value in the E39 SIDI ECM, it isn't a table like in the older ECM's, just a single value. Because injector swaps aren't really happening on the E80 cars yet we've not gone looking for it.

Giambals
January 20th, 2017, 05:40 AM
Is it possible to get the correct MAF calibration table added to the E80 controller? It looks like both MAF Frequency conversion and MAF Frequency conversion 2, but neither seem to be correct for this MAF sensor.

I logged MAFFREQ2 and MAF while driving and got the following scattered data (I'm assuming some transient airflow model is being added to the MAF pid). This would be immediately useful for the work I am doing.

I also noticed that oil pressure sensor voltage works properly, but oil pressure does not.

And can you check the desired fuel rail pressure table? I logged desired and actual fuel pressure while mapping, but the tables don't seem to match the commands.