PDA

View Full Version : 99 corvette LS1B having trouble unlocking computer.

fairchildbr
November 22nd, 2016, 01:35 AM
Have a Corvette i'm trying to tune but i can't access the pcm. comes up with error code 0537. i'm almost certain it has not been tuned before so i'm assuming its dealer locked. is there a key i need to unlock it? anyone else have this issue?

joecar
November 22nd, 2016, 09:49 AM
So you never previously locked the PCM...?

fairchildbr
November 22nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
So you never previously locked the PCM...?

No, this is the first time I've tried to access it.

Blacky
November 22nd, 2016, 10:53 AM
Have a Corvette i'm trying to tune but i can't access the pcm. comes up with error code 0537. i'm almost certain it has not been tuned before so i'm assuming its dealer locked. is there a key i need to unlock it? anyone else have this issue?

It is probably locked by a previous tuner. But it could also be a corrupt seed/key value in the PCM. Try reading it with the "Try Alternate Keys" option checked. If that still does not work then it is possible it is locked using the EFILive Auto-Lock option. If it is then you won't be able to read it but you should still be able to cal-flash a tune over it.

If it really is locked with a custom key then you could send the PCM to SoCal Diesel. They can remove the flash chip, reprogram it with a stock key and re-fit the flash chip.
http://www.efilive.com/distributors

Regards
Paul