PDA

View Full Version : Speed Limiter

Cyrperformance
November 28th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Can someone please tell me where we are missing the speed limiter? As far as I can tell it should not shut down at 98, but it does.

rcr1978
November 28th, 2016, 05:11 PM
B0608 "0" across the whole table worked on some older stuff but does not work for my 15. Maybe give it a try but don't get you hopes up. I have not had any luck with mine either.

Snipesy
November 28th, 2016, 05:48 PM
B0603.

Well the cruze has two of those for whatever unholy bosch reason, but that did the trick there. The values in B0608 is actually acceleration so setting it to zero is just kind of telling it to just halt instead of slow down.

Cyrperformance
November 29th, 2016, 12:21 AM
It's wierd we ran basically the exact same settings in a 13 Denali and it would go forever. Gonna have him try the B0608 as I did find that set to zero worked for some. We will see. Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
November 29th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Wow..........we must have some kind of psychic connection.

For some reason some of the Timing Tables in there exactly match tunes I wrote over 3 years and some months ago.

Imagine that, someone else has created a tune and they were able to duplicate my timing maps in some of the tables, with "0" differences, an exact match, what are the chances that could happen ??

That sure impresses me.

:music_whistling_1:

rcr1978
November 29th, 2016, 02:16 AM
B0603.

Well the cruze has two of those for whatever unholy bosch reason, but that did the trick there. The values in B0608 is actually acceleration so setting it to zero is just kind of telling it to just halt instead of slow down.

I will give that one a try thanks! I kinda quit dinkin with those in that list, last time I lost the cruze completely on a few of those.

Snipesy
November 29th, 2016, 02:19 AM
Oh the car lol not the cruise control.

Although yes it could kill the cruise... One way to find out.

rcr1978
November 29th, 2016, 02:23 AM
Yeah I typed cruise and went back and changed it to cruze thinking I spelled it wrong after seeing yours :doh2:

Cyrperformance
November 29th, 2016, 03:10 AM

For some reason some of the Timing Tables in there exactly match tunes I wrote over 3 years and some months ago.

Imagine that, someone else has created a tune and they were able to duplicate my timing maps in some of the tables, with "0" differences, an exact match, what are the chances that could happen ??

That sure impresses me.

Well I didn't write this tune and actually downloaded it over a year ago online. If it is wrong of me to put it here I will take it down. I'm not looking to upset anyone so if I did then sorry.

GMC-2002-Dmax
November 29th, 2016, 03:47 AM
Since all the tuners lock down their work and use permissions for where it goes and who gets it for flashing, its most likely a hacked file, again, its not your fault, the file history shows when things were changed and that file had original changes in July 2015, then the history shows more changes in 2016.

If you downloaded it from a forum or got it from someone its most likely been obtained in an less than honest way originally.

Some of it looks familiar, some of it is most likely someone else's work cut and pasted together.

As someone who has looked at these every day for over three years we all have a signature change we make, at least I do, as in obvious as it may be to the person who hacks a file its like a black marble in a jar of white marbles.

I do some things on purpose to make a mark in my all of tune files, and this one shows my mark in a few places, the timing table being an exact match was a dead giveaway the tune you posted is either a cut and paste or was a hacked tune altered by someone at some time.

Good Luck

Dmaxink
November 29th, 2016, 04:04 AM

That sure impresses me.

LOL @ this hacked up file.. has tonys timing tables, my OLD OLD signatures in it... too funny. When people cant develop on their own...

Cyrperformance
November 29th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Well I surely wasn't trying to start a war. In all honesty this is not the file currently running in the truck do to the timing tables or whatever. When you stand on the throttle it sounds like a powerstroke at idle. I posted it and asked for any ideas with the speed limiting at 98. I will email a moderator to delete this thread and I will as well delete the file. Again sorry for stirring up any bad emotiins

Snipesy
November 29th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Hey it's the tuning world. Smoke and mirrors and all that.

GMC-2002-Dmax
November 29th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Its not a big deal........its just theft of someone Else's info, its happened before, sure it will happen again.

Its a constant battle to keep things secure and with any lock someone will always try to pick it.

Those are not all my timing tables either, but as I said, the signature I put in the timing table is unique, it would be unrealistic for anyone to randomly duplicate the change.

Just as Kory noticed things he does or used to do in there, so did I notice certain specific changes.

You can keep the thread open, what difference does it make now anyway........the tune has probably been downloaded a gazillion times anyway.

Cyrperformance
November 29th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Well, I deleted it anyways