PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Help Trouble Shooting Rail Preasure - Bizarre Data Log

Move'n Up
November 29th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I'm trying to trouble shoot a problem where on occasion the rail fuel pressure will not met requested so the truck falls on it's face trying to climb a hill or if you step on the accelerator pedal to speed up. I have replaced the FCA on the CP3 as well as the fuel filter. The truck starts fine and idles smooth. The problems seems to only happen once I've been driving an hour or more and sometimes I can make several long trips without a single problem.

My vehicle is a 2006 Ram 2500 with 97K miles. Running on Stock setting of DSP5 tune.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

This log was taken when the truck was acting up.
I'm perplexed :wtf1:

arinkuddy
November 29th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Looks like that is a bad log file, only 2 kB?? Could you make sure you can open it?

Move'n Up
November 29th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Yes it will open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

arinkuddy
November 30th, 2016, 05:24 AM
I worded that wrong, what I meant was I can also open it but the contents aren't right. Just look at a couple of these.

Move'n Up
November 30th, 2016, 07:49 AM
The contents is what threw me off, hence my question. I've done well over a hundred log files in the past and never had a bad one. So you think it's just a bad (corrupt) log file, okay.

I'll try to get a log the next time the truck exhibits the same behavior.

arinkuddy
November 30th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Yeah I would try log it again if you can. Are you logging with the v2 to SD card or a laptop? Not that it matters much but jw.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Move'n Up
November 30th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Yes, SD card on my stand alone V2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk Pro