PDA

View Full Version : Tune Not Following Tables

Bdirtymax
November 30th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Can someone tell me why this tune is following the Non-DSP tables and if it is only an at idle thing? I've also noticed through logs that the timing in the DSP 1-4 tunes jumps around. At times it seems to follow the DSP 1-4 timing but at others it has jumped to the Non-DSP timing tables. I also noticed in the DSP 1-4 tables the fuel pressure info is wrong at least down low so it is probably good it is referring to the Non-DSP fuel because otherwise it would be idling at 60MPA. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks.

GMC-2002-Dmax
November 30th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Log the switch values, I have seen cheap switches have resistor values be off enough to flip flop between tunes, if that does not stay a stable voltage it will be jumping around.

Bdirtymax
November 30th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Log the switch values, I have seen cheap switches have resistor values be off enough to flip flop between tunes, if that does not stay a stable voltage it will be jumping around.

Thanks. The switch is good. Those screen shots are all from the same log. The only time my switch changes state is when I move it. The Fuel tables are all off compared to the Non-DSP table. Look at these 2 screenshots. The Fuel pressures are about 3 columns off most likely due to the scaling across the top. For example at 45mm3 and 12000 RPM the Stock Non-Dsp table is 80mpa the DSP 1-4 tables are 120MPA. The Entire tables are off that way.

IdahoRob
December 1st, 2016, 08:48 AM
Its been that way since LMM tuning can out. It has been brought up in the past but nothing has been addressed. The RPM scaling is off in the DSP tables, you'll have to tune around it.

Bdirtymax
December 1st, 2016, 12:26 PM
Its been that way since LMM tuning can out. It has been brought up in the past but nothing has been addressed. The RPM scaling is off in the DSP tables, you'll have to tune around it.

Thank Rob. So just treat it like it's scaled like the Non DSP table?

IdahoRob
December 1st, 2016, 01:31 PM
Correct, the other issue you will run into is that the rail pressure at idle has a limiter somewhere and you cannot use the rail pressure table at idle to raise the pressure. It doesn't do anything unlike the earlier models. It can be done, but need to work around it with the other available base fuel tables.

Bdirtymax
December 2nd, 2016, 02:58 PM
Correct, the other issue you will run into is that the rail pressure at idle has a limiter somewhere and you cannot use the rail pressure table at idle to raise the pressure. It doesn't do anything unlike the earlier models. It can be done, but need to work around it with the other available base fuel tables.

Thanks for the tips Rob. I do have another issue I've been pulling my hair out on. Can I bug you some more?