PDA

View Full Version : Engine Reduced Power Help!

TorqueMonster007
December 8th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Just Cal flashed my 2016 with a tune file i had been building and also installed a K&N intake that was off of my 14' i traded for this one. All things the same basically between my 14' and new 16' (5.3/6l80e) and other than the operating systems are different i had absolutley no problems with the '14. After the flash of my new 16' (built file from scratch and just based some parameters off of my 14') as soon as you crank it it displays Engine Power Reduced on the info screen yet there is no CEL even after driving and it is not actually in limp mode. Runs and drives like normal. What could this be?

GMPX
December 8th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Just as a test have you put the stock file back in to see if it goes away?

TorqueMonster007
December 8th, 2016, 06:36 AM
No. Will be doing that shortly. I'm at work but have been comparing the stock with the modified and can't find anything at all that sticks out that would cause this unless the MAF needs to be rescaled for the intake? The Engine power reduced on the display yet no CEL and runs normal beats me.

TorqueMonster007
December 8th, 2016, 06:37 AM
can i send you my file in PM and see if anything looks odd to you? ECM/TCM

GMPX
December 8th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Try the stock tune again before we get too carried away :grin:

TorqueMonster007
December 8th, 2016, 07:26 AM
I just found 1 mistake. Had minimum map in the torque control at 20 min 150 max. stock was 15 min 150 max. could that be it?

TorqueMonster007
December 8th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Will flash Engine Reduced Power at key on without cranking. Could this be hence to the Minimum MAP value being too high to sense? Will flash ecm/tcm stock tunes back and will have results in about 10-15 minutes

TorqueMonster007
December 8th, 2016, 08:32 AM
does not do it with stock files loaded and intake on. only with the modified files loaded. What am i missing???

joecar
December 8th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Post the files, if that's ok.

cindy@efilive
December 8th, 2016, 10:39 AM
does not do it with stock files loaded and intake on. only with the modified files loaded. What am i missing???

You've proven the issue is not software related, but tune related. If you post your tune files perhaps a tuner can chime in and offer you assistance.

Cheers
Cindy

TorqueMonster007
December 8th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Correct. Do not believe it was ever software related but more of me over looking something more than likely. Will post factory and modified files in the morning once i am back to my computer. Thanks

TorqueMonster007
December 9th, 2016, 02:00 AM
Here is the stock file and the modified files

Let me know what/if you find anything

I have narrowed it down to the ECM not TCM tune.

joecar
December 9th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Ok, I'll look in your file.

TorqueMonster007
December 12th, 2016, 08:15 AM
I have found a crack where I stripped the threads on the PCV fitting that the fitting is basically just hanging leaving an exposed hole between the MAF and Throttle body. Could this be the culprit with the MAF getting a false reading at key-on?

joecar
December 12th, 2016, 02:34 PM
At key on, that should not cause any problem... but during engine run that will cause problems.

TorqueMonster007
December 12th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Is the truck somehow just recognizing a flash?

TorqueMonster007
December 13th, 2016, 01:14 AM
Only other reasons I can think of that may be the problem.

1- Between the time I read the stock file and flashed the modified one I updated my V2?

2- I did not disconnect the negative on the battery when I removed the MAF and it is a reoccurring fault?

**I flashed the modified file right after using V8 but I thought like with v7.5 it cleared the DTCs whenever it rebooted the ECM?**
Using the scan tool couldn't find a DTC

Only other thing I know to do is put factory intake back on and factory files back in and drive it a few days, then re-read the factory files and create new modified files but will base the values off the files I had already built.

LastCall
December 16th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Maybe try working on a few changes at a time to identify which one is causing reduced power.