PDA

View Full Version : Known Issues With Current Public Release

Blacky
December 11th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Latest updates (released as an auto-update):

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.9 Build 318 (Updated Dec 29, 2016)
EFILive V8 software: V8.2.4 Build 312 (Updated Dec 29, 2016)
Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014)
Firmware: V2.07.109 (Dec 23, 2016) (Updated Dec 29, 2016)

Replaces these previous releases:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.9 Build 317 (Updated Dec 23, 2016)
EFILive V8 software: V8.2.4 Build 311 (Updated Dec 23, 2016)
Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014)
Firmware: V2.07.108 (Dec 23, 2016) (Updated Dec 23, 2016)

Updates are described here: What's New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_311.htm)

Until the official download page (http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive) is updated, the latest Dec 29th software update can be downloaded via these two direct links:
EFILive V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.9.318_Setup.exe) - V7.5.9.318 (108MB)
EFILive V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.4.312_Setup.exe) - V8.2.4.312(78MB)

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue 3:
When flashing a Cummins ECM if the reflash fails and an attempt to reflash the controller in 'recovery mode' is made the software will ask for a new license.
Workaround:
Fixed in Dec 29th update.

Issue 4:
Programming device settings on FlashScan and/or AutoCal may fail.
Workaround:
Fixed in Dec 29th update with firmware V2.07.109 and V8.2.4.312.

Issue 5:
Double clicking on a calibration in the list of V7 calibration differences no longer opens the clicked calibration.
Workaround:
None, will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 6:
Some serial wide band controllers' Lambda and AFR values no longer stop at 25 AFR when in free air (or very, very lean condition). Regular AFR/Lambda readings are not affected.
Workaround:
None, will be fixed in the next update.

Issue 7:
V8's "test flash" mode for both cal-flash and full-flash does not perform a test erase and flash. It performs a real erase and flash.
Workaround:
DO NOT USE THE TEST FLASH OPTION.
Will be fixed in the next update.

Tre-Cool
December 14th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Did some BBX logging on the E98, is there an update to the sae.map definition still to be done like the v7 software? or will it always max out at 255kpa? (built-in limitation) OR should i be logging something else?

Blacky
December 14th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Did some BBX logging on the E98, is there an update to the sae.map definition still to be done like the v7 software? or will it always max out at 255kpa? (built-in limitation) OR should i be logging something else?

Changes were made to the MAP PID (in V7 and V8) to implement variable scaling for later model vehicles. Can you send me the log? (paul@efilive.com)

Regards
Paul

Mitco39
December 14th, 2016, 11:35 AM
When using the EFILive tools F2:Search the Right click function to open file location is broken. Used to work on previous versions.

Blacky
December 15th, 2016, 01:03 PM
When using the EFILive tools F2:Search the Right click function to open file location is broken. Used to work on previous versions.

It still works on my test system here. Is there maybe some other problem with opening the file? Can you open the file normally?
Double clicking also works to open the file.

Regards
Paul

Mitco39
December 15th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Yeah everything else appears to work just fine. I usually just search a vin and then want to see everything in the customers folder for it. Could 100% be my computer if no one else is having this issue, it can be fickle lol.

Snipesy
December 15th, 2016, 02:20 PM

I think these PIDs need a C (so we can convert them to F). This is on the E47 Cruze and LML.

Blacky
December 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM

I think these PIDs need a C (so we can convert them to F). This is on the E47 Cruze and LML.

Yes, they do. Will get that fixed in the next update.
Regards
Paul

Snipesy
December 17th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Also would you be willing to add some PIDs if I threw them your way? (so I can bbx log them)

Tre-Cool
December 17th, 2016, 10:15 PM
i attempted to do some logging today with the v8 scanner with the AEM on an E40 ecu.

Whenever i attempted to click on the data screen, it would give me a AV error @ address 00965008. read address 00000028.

Once that came up u clicked ok, then it would come back to infinity. so had to kill program.

Also got the same error when trying to test a ben pid. except it only came up once. so i could get out of it

Blacky
December 18th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Also would you be willing to add some PIDs if I threw them your way? (so I can bbx log them)

I can add generic and enhanced PIDs but not DMA PIDs. So let me know whcih PIDs and I'll see if I can get them added.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 18th, 2016, 10:12 AM
i attempted to do some logging today with the v8 scanner with the AEM on an E40 ecu.

Whenever i attempted to click on the data screen, it would give me a AV error @ address 00965008. read address 00000028.

Once that came up u clicked ok, then it would come back to infinity. so had to kill program.

Also got the same error when trying to test a ben pid. except it only came up once. so i could get out of it

Can you provide a detailed sequence of steps that will reproduce the problem? I tried doing what you explained in the post but I can't get it to fail.
Regards
Paul

Snipesy
December 18th, 2016, 10:34 AM
I sent a PM your way with the infos.

Tre-Cool
December 18th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Can you provide a detailed sequence of steps that will reproduce the problem? I tried doing what you explained in the post but I can't get it to fail.
Regards
Paul

I would connect with some pids and start recording. if i clicked on data screen i got the error. if i tried to test a calculated pid. i got the error. Joecar noticed the same thing and mentioned it in a post in the v8 calculated pids thread.

joecar
December 19th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Tre-Cool is referring to this: V8-Scan-Calculated-Pids~post#29

(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27295-V8-Scan-Calculated-Pids&p=235293&viewfull=1#post235293)

izaks
December 21st, 2016, 02:22 AM
Setting D9602 to ENABLED, disables SPORT SHIFT mode when trans lever is moved to the SPORT position. If you then go into manual mode, it is locked in this mode, even if trans lever is moved back to auto. You have to shift out of drive and then back in to drive to disable manual mode and revert to normal drive mode. Tested on 2011 and 2012 VE.
Was trying to find what prevents the trans shifting into 6th over +/- 240 when I saw D9602 and tried it to see what it does.

Blacky
December 22nd, 2016, 08:09 PM

Just posted a fix for the MAP PID scaling issue. See first post for links.
Regards
Paul

Tre-Cool
December 22nd, 2016, 08:22 PM
Downloading now. i'll give it a test shortly. Will also test the AEM wideband calculated pids

Tre-Cool
December 23rd, 2016, 02:02 AM
Well, the BBX now logs over 255kpa, but now the v7.5 pass-through logger doesn't. lol

Also noticed that when you do a compare with tunes, you can no longer double click on the item and get taken to the table etc.

Blacky
December 23rd, 2016, 08:31 AM
Well, the BBX now logs over 255kpa, but now the v7.5 pass-through logger doesn't. lol

Also noticed that when you do a compare with tunes, you can no longer double click on the item and get taken to the table etc.

Can you post both logs, the one from bbx and the one from v7 pass-thru?
Regards
Paul

Tre-Cool
December 23rd, 2016, 09:49 PM
I even did a format on the bbx when i did the update.

that's a log via the 7.5 pass through.

BBX

joecar
December 24th, 2016, 11:43 AM

This seems to work ok for me

( except, of course, for the VVE tables, their diff's don't show up... but the VE coefficients diff's show up ok, and double clicking on that takes me to that table ).

SwedeBurb
December 26th, 2016, 09:51 AM
With the v2.07.108 firmware I'm having an issue editing AutoCal splash text lines... Text 1 is empty and Text 2 reads "ive Auto". When I try to save new text values I get, "Error $0106: Received data contained parameters that were out of range.".

rcr1978
December 27th, 2016, 04:04 AM
When using the compare feature in the V7.5 tune tool I can no longer double click on the differences and be taken to the table.

anarchydiesel
December 27th, 2016, 06:30 AM
With the v2.07.108 firmware I'm having an issue editing AutoCal splash text lines... Text 1 is empty and Text 2 reads "ive Auto". When I try to save new text values I get, "Error $0106: Received data contained parameters that were out of range.".

We are having the same issue here as well.

6768Camaro
December 27th, 2016, 02:53 PM

Having similar problem with my FlashScan. Same error and the FlashScan screen is washed out, unreadable. Can't update anything to the FlashScan.

"Error $0106: Received data contained parameters that were out of range.".

Tre-Cool
December 27th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Another potential issue with the latest firmware, I had my screen timeout/sleep mode set to 2 minutes and was getting constant drop outs & could see the v2 turn off then on again while pass through logging. Might be soemthing gone wrong there too.

I changed it to 5 minutes but laptop went flat so havent tested to see if it still does it. BBX was working fine though.

ProperTuningOG
December 28th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Same issue here.

cindy@efilive
December 29th, 2016, 01:30 AM
Software updates for V7, V8 and firmware are now available to fix the Cummins recovery issue and Error $0106.

Customers running the December public release can use the Check for updates options. I'll update the software links in this thread tomorrow. Updates Links are on our website.

Thanks for your patience during our holiday break.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ProperTuningOG
December 29th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Awesome, thank you. Tested and no more $0106

6768Camaro
December 29th, 2016, 05:24 PM
This update fixed the problem. Error $0106 gone and able to write to FlashScan again.

Thanks

ProperTuningOG
December 30th, 2016, 12:04 PM
I am seeing something new happening with serial widebands. I was prepping and testing a batch of converted autocals and noticed the afrs climbing into over the 100s. I tested this across an LC1, MTXL, X Series AEM and the old digital AEM. They all did the same thing. Minus the LC1, when the gauge was not maxed out the reading was dead on. I take it its not a big deal but I have not seen the AFRs go over 25 before. I tested this on the autocal, autocal as pass through, flashscan and flashscan as pass through.

Here is a video of it. (http://photos.team208motorsports.com/2016/Tuning-Wiring/i-F5GHgp2/A)

divette
December 30th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Hello
Comparison does not work
Double click on a calibration is not display this calibration.
315 version did not have such problems.
http://savepic.net/8758249m.jpg (http://savepic.net/8758249.htm)

divette
December 30th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Hello
On 318 version difference does not work
Double click on a calibration is not display this calibration.
315 version did not have such problems.
http://savepic.net/8758249m.jpg (http://savepic.net/8758249.htm)

rcr1978
December 31st, 2016, 11:54 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with the compare tab not opening tables?

Ninety8C5
December 31st, 2016, 01:06 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the compare tab not opening tables?

Yes! :exactly:

2014 E92

joecar
December 31st, 2016, 10:47 PM
Ok, I confirmed that 318 fails on the compare double-click-goto-table.

rcr1978
January 1st, 2017, 04:26 AM
Ok thanks guys

Blacky
January 3rd, 2017, 03:55 PM
I am seeing something new happening with serial widebands. I was prepping and testing a batch of converted autocals and noticed the afrs climbing into over the 100s. I tested this across an LC1, MTXL, X Series AEM and the old digital AEM. They all did the same thing. Minus the LC1, when the gauge was not maxed out the reading was dead on. I take it its not a big deal but I have not seen the AFRs go over 25 before. I tested this on the autocal, autocal as pass through, flashscan and flashscan as pass through.

Here is a video of it. (http://photos.team208motorsports.com/2016/Tuning-Wiring/i-F5GHgp2/A)

Thanks for the report. I have confirmed the issue. It will be fixed in the next update.
Regards
Paul

ProperTuningOG
January 3rd, 2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the report. I have confirmed the issue. It will be fixed in the next update.
Regards
Paul

Thanks! Happy to help.

kangsta
January 5th, 2017, 03:48 PM
When using CAX files, there is an option to allow definitions to overlap other CAX files, can this be extended to allow overlaps with EFILive definitions too?

I think in some cases there are EFIlive definitions that are hidden or not editable. I understand locking it down to prevent inadvertent changes due to mis-configured CAX files however some users may need a bit more flexibility and by checking the box to allow overlaps we take on board the responsibility. :)

Snipesy
January 5th, 2017, 04:03 PM
When using CAX files, there is an option to allow definitions to overlap other CAX files, can this be extended to allow overlaps with EFILive definitions too?

I think in some cases there are EFIlive definitions that are hidden or not editable. I understand locking it down to prevent inadvertent changes due to mis-configured CAX files however some users may need a bit more flexibility and by checking the box to allow overlaps we take on board the responsibility. :)

You could rename the .calz if its pressing.

Chuck CoW
January 5th, 2017, 07:13 PM

Sounds like it needs to be added as a PRO TUNER option. ;)

Chuck CoW

Chuck CoW
January 5th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Hey Paul.... With your help I polished up most of my AutoCal config files to load the appropriate maps and pids

so that when I load a customers autocal log file every map opens and the correct pids are all loaded.

Not sure if I'm asking the right question or no or if someone else is noticing the same problems, but seemingly

after the most recent updates, I now have to manually load individual maps for submitted log files and it was never like

this before. Hopefully someone else noticed what I'm seeing and it's just not the early onset of Alzheimers.....

Chuck CoW

Chuck CoW
January 5th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Made public from a private e-mail....

Hey Paul.... I noticed that the V7 calibration summary now includes segments that are different.

VERY NICE! I would also hope that you include it on the opening page when you

load a cal or alt cal for comparison so that changes are evident up front.

It will be of big value especially for the LML duramax and other controllers where

multiple segments could be different even when the OS is the same.

The only thing I notice right now is that when I do the ctrl F12 to create the summary

clicking on the items in the list does not bring you to the calibration the way it used to. (solved)

------------------

What I suggested a year or so ago seems more appropriate right now.....so I repeat.

I'm very thankful for the tune tool auto identifying alternate segments that are not identical. EXTREMELY HELPFUL.

Maybe it could be a PRO TUNER option as well, but I would absolutely LOVE IT if (optionally) efilive could display the

memory address(s) of the differences in each segment even if the tune tool or efi live does not display them.

Now-a-days, there are too many occasions with all the different tuning tools out there where things are different and

we can't see it.... It's a big problem for me. I'm quite sure there are a few of us out there that a feature like this would

be EXTREMELY helpful for and its a feature that I would greatly appreciate.

Hopefully there are others reading this that will recognize the value of a feature like this.

Thanks for listening.
Chuck CoW

Bdirtymax
January 7th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Not sure if I missed this someplace but when comparing files, it now shows the checksums are different between 2 compared files which I've not seen before. Also getting an Access violation error when trying to update one file with the compared file.

GMPX
January 9th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Maybe it could be a PRO TUNER option as well, but I would absolutely LOVE IT if (optionally) efilive could display the memory address(s) of the differences in each segment even if the tune tool or efi live does not display them.
This is not possible, if the calibration is not defined in the tune tool then it cannot detect or display the 'unknown' differences.

joecar
January 9th, 2017, 08:54 PM
When I bring up the Speedo calculator, I get this pop up:

---------------------------
EFILive Tune - Digital tools for onboard vehicle electronics
Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\cal_adjust.txt". Access is denied.
OK

comnrailpwr
January 10th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Not sure if I missed this someplace but when comparing files, it now shows the checksums are different between 2 compared files which I've not seen before. Also getting an Access violation error when trying to update one file with the compared file.

I have the same problem

The only thing I notice right now is that when I do the ctrl F12 to create the summary

clicking on the items in the list does not bring you to the calibration the way it used to. (solved)

What's the fix?

Blacky
January 11th, 2017, 11:14 AM

The problem is the software is attempting to update the new segment/checksum items as if they were calibrations. That will be fixed in the next update. For now the workaround is to not have those segment/checksum items selected when you click on the [Update] button.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 11th, 2017, 11:22 AM

Purchase a Pro Tuning License, then you can overlap cax defined cals and EFILive cals. When applying for a Pro Tuning License you must sign a waiver that indemnifies EFILive against claims that a controller was damaged or bricked by the EFILive software. That is because once the Pro Tuning License is installed, you can choose to bypass some critical checks that the EFILive software would normally perform to prevent the controller being bricked.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 11th, 2017, 11:24 AM
When I bring up the Speedo calculator, I get this pop up:

EFILive Tune - Digital tools for onboard vehicle electronics
Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\cal_adjust.txt". Access is denied.
OK

Due to restrictions in Win7 and above that prevent apps from writing/creating files in the "Program Files" folder, you need to take ownership of the EFILive\V7.5 folder via Windows Explorer for the user that is using EFILive.

Regards
Paul

comnrailpwr
January 11th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Figured that part out. Thanks. I am having issues writing CME files to my flashscan for BBF. I have formatted several times and updated files in flashscan several times. This happens in in explorer and v8. Error $0194 write failure. Happens with and without SD card installed. It acts if their isn't enough space on flashscan but their should be.

Blacky
January 11th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Figured that part out. Thanks. I am having issues writing CME files to my flashscan for BBF. I have formatted several times and updated files in flashscan several times. This happens in in explorer and v8. Error $0194 write failure. Happens with and without SD card installed. It acts if their isn't enough space on flashscan but their should be.

When the SD Card is inserted does the status on the lower left of FlashScan's display change from MEM to SDx? I.e. does FlashScan recognize that the SD Card is inserted?

Regards
Paul

comnrailpwr
January 11th, 2017, 11:42 AM
It is not recognizing it. I just got that problem solved. I must have selected internal memory at some point. Thanks.

joecar
January 11th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Due to restrictions in Win7 and above that prevent apps from writing/creating files in the "Program Files" folder, you need to take ownership of the EFILive\V7.5 folder via Windows Explorer for the user that is using EFILive.

Regards
PaulAh, ok, that was easy, thanks.

kangsta
January 11th, 2017, 04:10 PM
Purchase a Pro Tuning License, then you can overlap cax defined cals and EFILive cals. When applying for a Pro Tuning License you must sign a waiver that indemnifies EFILive against claims that a controller was damaged or bricked by the EFILive software. That is because once the Pro Tuning License is installed, you can choose to bypass some critical checks that the EFILive software would normally perform to prevent the controller being bricked.

Regards
Paul

I'd heard about the Pro Tuning License previously, couldn't find any reference to it on the website apart from the change logs. Will send an email

Thanks.

cindy@efilive
January 12th, 2017, 09:35 AM
I'd heard about the Pro Tuning License previously, couldn't find any reference to it on the website apart from the change logs. Will send an email

Thanks.

Pro tuning will be available online before the end of the month.

Cheers
Cindy

ScarabEpic22
January 13th, 2017, 09:03 AM

Cheers
Cindy

What?! :Eyecrazy: So it's no longer :secret: huh?

I'll keep my eyes out for it.

Tre-Cool
January 19th, 2017, 03:00 AM
I've found that the V2 no longer shows negative timing when logging the E98 controller too btw.

gave me a small scare when i loaded in stock tune and didnt see a - sign for injection timing.

aaronc7
January 19th, 2017, 08:23 AM
I just recently started using FSv2 a lot, so this may not be a new issue or I may be missing something-- but when using BBL, I assigned a few of my PID lists "hotkeys" F1-F4. On the flashscan when connected to the vehicle, when I go to select a PID list, the corresponding Fx hotkeys show up next to their names, but the F1-4 buttons do nothing. All other pages/screens the function keys work fine.

SASDakota
January 19th, 2017, 08:55 AM

Cheers
Cindy

Does it come with a pricetag? And are there any restrictions to who can "apply" for it?

ScarabEpic22
January 19th, 2017, 09:09 AM
I just recently started using FSv2 a lot, so this may not be a new issue or I may be missing something-- but when using BBL, I assigned a few of my PID lists "hotkeys" F1-F4. On the flashscan when connected to the vehicle, when I go to select a PID list, the corresponding Fx hotkeys show up next to their names, but the F1-4 buttons do nothing. All other pages/screens the function keys work fine.

Try using CTRL + Fx.

cindy@efilive
January 19th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Does it come with a pricetag? And are there any restrictions to who can "apply" for it?

Yes, but that price is still being determined.

There are no restrictions on who can apply for ProTuning, however the EFILive application review may not see all requests processed.

Cheers
Cindy

aaronc7
January 19th, 2017, 04:22 PM
I assumed by assigned a F key to a PID list, that would link it to the F soft keys on the flashscan device? Not a big deal to scroll down and select a list.... just thought I'd mention it here.

Highlander
January 28th, 2017, 07:23 AM
Issue I found was when you request a difference summary between 2 calibrations, double clicking the item will not direct you to the item.

Hope this gets fixed.

Chuck CoW
January 28th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Issue I found was when you request a difference summary between 2 calibrations, double clicking the item will not direct you to the item.

Hope this gets fixed.

Yup yup.... same here.

Chuck CoW

Blacky
January 28th, 2017, 12:12 PM

Hope this gets fixed.

It's listed as issue #5 in post #1
Regards
Paul

izaks
January 30th, 2017, 09:08 AM
"List the calculated PID names (omit the "CALC" prefix) to be pre-selected when black box generated log files are opened in the V7 scan tool software"
This is not possible for CALC."BEN_LC11_E38", as input is limited to 11 characters.

Blacky
January 30th, 2017, 04:37 PM
"List the calculated PID names (omit the "CALC" prefix) to be pre-selected when black box generated log files are opened in the V7 scan tool software"
This is not possible for CALC."BEN_LC11_E38", as input is limited to 11 characters.

Hmm, that limit on V7 calc PID names should be 15. I will increase it to 15 in the next update. Thanks for the heads-up.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
January 31st, 2017, 12:02 PM
The latest public update has been posted here:
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.9.319_Setup.exe
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.4.313_Setup.exe

Known issues for that update will be tracked here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27405-Known-Issues-With-Current-Public-Release

Regards
Paul