PDA

View Full Version : CALLING EFILIVE....Can I command Pulse width somehow??

nitrorocket
June 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I would like to know what perameter on efilive would allow me to manuallu command pulse width, right now the computer itself formulates what it should be, I want to turn it lower then that.

Is there a way, what chart can do this??

ringram
June 7th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Why? If you want to run leaner then use custom os3 and command leaner.

nitrorocket
June 8th, 2006, 03:04 AM
I have that and am. I am trying to lean out my 96 lb injectors with just using a commanded pulse width setting.

joecar
June 8th, 2006, 03:44 AM
Can you use Bi-Directional L1/LS6 Spark/Fuel mode in the scan tool to set a leaner AFR (that should reduce the injector pulse width).

SSpdDmon
June 8th, 2006, 04:16 AM
I've always understood the pulsewidth should be set based on actual injector performance. There are a couple of spreadsheets out there that will help you determine where they need to be set. But if your goal is to lean out the car in a certain area, that should be done with the VE table. The real variable is airflow - not injector performance. That's the reason why all of these custom OS's were created...to run a 2 or 3-bar setup and have the support (ie VE table that extends past 105kPa) required to interpret those sensors. In other words, by changing the VE, you're effectively changing the pulsewidth for that condition (MAP vs RPM).

joecar
June 8th, 2006, 04:31 AM
I thought he said he wanted to do it manually...

SSpdDmon
June 8th, 2006, 05:22 AM
I thought he said he wanted to do it manually...
True....but it sounds like he's trying to address a problem. Only thing is, he hasn't stated the problem. He only asked if it was possible to change the IPW directly in the software to lean out his 96lb injectors. There isn't a way I know of to go in and change IPW values. The closest table is injector flow rate. But just like the VE and the bi-directional controls, that too controls pulsewidth indirectly (meaning there's no table to change actual IPW values).

caver
June 8th, 2006, 05:50 AM
By changing the ve table you are commanding the pulswidths directly.
You are just not entering a pulsewidth in Milliseconds.

nitrorocket
June 8th, 2006, 08:09 AM
There must be another table that helps calculate the PW. I can lean the VE table way out and the pulse width will not drop low as I need. I will try some more stuff next week when my new turbos get here. I will be doing some new tuning!!

SinisterSS
June 8th, 2006, 08:23 AM
What's your minimum pulse width set to in B4003, 4004,...?

nitrorocket
June 8th, 2006, 01:15 PM
If I remember correct, it is at 1.00

Delco
June 8th, 2006, 02:30 PM
You will find its the limit the injector will run to , never been able to get a 62lb injector to run nice on a 346 bottom end , just get there on a 383 .

Try dropping your fuel pressure down and using more rising rate under boost.

superls1
June 9th, 2006, 12:11 AM
How small of a pulsewidth are you trying to achieve, and at what operating conditions: RPM and MAP?

Do you know if your injector can open and close within 1ms? At some point, it is like trying to fill a dixie cup with a fire hose.

Dirk Diggler
June 9th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Will 96 lbs injectors he is proll gonna want like .5 ms at idle.

superls1
June 9th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Will 96 lbs injectors he is proll gonna want like .5 ms at idle.

Agreed. I wonder if that is physically possible with the injector? He might start running into territory where the flow starts becoming less predictable and therefore potentially creating other problems.