PDA

View Full Version : command vs actual a/f

minytrker
June 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM
It seems latley a couple cars the command a/f vs actual were off just a little. I also have 12.5 set in PE vs RPM and the cars would still lean out to 13.1-13.5 at 5,000rpm or so, which is to lean for me. This is in SD doing auto tuning.

ringram
June 8th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Check to see if IAT makes a difference. You might want to look at OS3 which allows you to adjust ve for iat changes. Most of us run this and find over 1% increase in ve is required per 10deg C of IAT. That might be your culprit.

SSpdDmon
June 8th, 2006, 03:58 AM
It seems latley a couple cars the command a/f vs actual were off just a little. I also have 12.5 set in PE vs RPM and the cars would still lean out to 13.1-13.5 at 5,000rpm or so, which is to lean for me. This is in SD doing auto tuning.
Are you sure the MAF is disabled? Unplug it and then make a run...

minytrker
June 8th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Are you sure the MAF is disabled? Unplug it and then make a run...

Its unplugged.

SinisterSS
June 8th, 2006, 02:49 PM
What BEN values do you have in the range where it's leaning out?

minytrker
June 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM
What BEN values do you have in the range where it's leaning out?

commanding 12.53

SinisterSS
June 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Those values are saying the current fueling as commanded by the VE table in those cells are lean and need between 1 and 7% more fuel.

Multiply the corresponding VE cell values by the corresponding BEN factors and collect another WOT run of data. It's pretty easy to get WOT BEN values of 1.00 across the entire WOT range after a couple of iterations which will give that perfect actual vs. commanded result.

minytrker
June 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM
So I just need to keep doing that more, thats what I have been doing.

SinisterSS
June 8th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Yes, keep rinsing and repeating. Have the BEN values always been above 1.0 and it keeps wanting more fuel in that range?

Or are the numbers sometimes above 1.0 and then the next time, below 1.0 in a few WOT cells? If so, the "shape" of the VE off a little from cell to cell. The WOT cells in the VE should be pretty smooth from one cell to the next - no jagged mountain peaks which is where the "shape" comes in. If you've got jagged peaks, try hand smoothing them out and collect some more data.

minytrker
June 8th, 2006, 04:18 PM
It has been going up and down.

superls1
June 9th, 2006, 12:41 AM
My question is: Have tried dialing in the VE table on load dyno in steady state mode? If you are trying to do this on the street or at the strip, I would say that so many other variables are changing between runs and it makes it difficult to be really confident in the VE table.

Where is your IAT located? You might try monitoring IAT, ECT, and oil temp (if you have it). This might help lead you to other ancillary tables that might help.

SSpdDmon
June 9th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Try applying half of the correction. You may need to do this cell by cell. But for WOT, there aren't that many cells.