PDA

View Full Version : Crazyness again

Tinbender59
January 3rd, 2017, 02:25 PM
I am putting an 8.1 into a 2001 4x4 Silverado that had a 6.0/4l80e. I cant find a .tun for the LS1B with an 8.1 DBC or 4l80e, so I'm guessing that I will have to create one. I could just increase the cylinder volume, but will that screw with driveability?? I thougt a 7.4l .tun would work, but cant find one that will work with the LS1B ecu?? Any thoughts or guidance would be very helpful!

ProperTuningOG
January 3rd, 2017, 02:57 PM
As far as I know there weren't any DBC 8.1s. All I've done I have converted the 8.1 tune to DBC. As far as trans, I believe the 8.1s had a 4l80 in the vans and an allison in the trucks.

Tinbender59
January 3rd, 2017, 08:20 PM
As far as I know there weren't any DBC 8.1s. All I've done I have converted the 8.1 tune to DBC. As far as trans, I believe the 8.1s had a 4l80 in the vans and an allison in the trucks.

Team208' could you explain further how to convert the tune, i got 2 tunes a 6.0 and an 8.1 and line by line copied the 8.1 tune into the 6.0 tune. it wasn't a direct copy, but it was easy enough just a 6 hr process. I also made changes that looked necessary and prudent, to switch to DBC. I am attaching a copy of my work If anyone wants to critique it. thanks for the help.

P.S. the two tunes were different numbers so I was not able to segment swap it.

Highlander
January 4th, 2017, 05:04 AM
Just go to your vehicle options and select no on ETC option.

turbo_bu
January 4th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Just go to your vehicle options and select no on ETC option.

I looked at this a while ago, but never got around to actually trying it out on an engine. Don't you also have to turn off all the ETC DTC codes and turn on the IAC ones?

Tinbender59
January 4th, 2017, 12:30 PM
I looked at this a while ago, but never got around to actually trying it out on an engine. Don't you also have to turn off all the ETC DTC codes and turn on the IAC ones?

That is a very good question, i just need to know whichins to change

Tinbender59
January 4th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Does anyone have a good tune for a 454/4l80e. 4x4 would be nice to??

turbo_bu
January 9th, 2017, 06:01 AM
I was hoping that Highlander would confirm what is required to convert DBW to DBC. If your not wanting to play with making that work, I would just take your base 6L tune and use it. That way you know it will work for DBC. You will most likely have to do some fine tuning anyway (idle / airflow stuff), but at least that part won't be causing you any issues.

If you are still wanting to play with converting from DBW to DBC, I can send you what I found on the topic. I did a comparison between a 2002 Corvette (DBW) and a 2002 Camaro (DBC) and documented the differences (DTC's and tables, etc...). Again, I never went through with trying it out on a running engine, so it may or may not work. It also may require some other changes (*.CAX files) to get it to work correctly. I'm not sure.

Highlander
January 9th, 2017, 06:12 AM
to make it work it is only in the vehicle platform matrix, to have everything done, its better to start with a dbc file from the get go and move everything from there. There are way too many diagnostic tables that get referenced. In theory it should only need to change that one bit as all the other tables are populated from what i have seen. While i do this switch constantly on the bench, i have not done it in car and verified.

Even the IAC effective area is populated. There are many more DTCs you need to enable to make things right but it should fire up and drive.