PDA

View Full Version : EGR delete

ngeorge14
January 22nd, 2017, 12:44 PM
I just bought this truck in june of last year and it was already deleted, except for the EGR valve. Im looking to delete the
egr but im concerned I will need to have different tunes. im pretty new to the diesel world but any help would be greatly appreciated

desltech
January 24th, 2017, 03:47 PM
If your truck has a emissions delete now then removing the egr should not be a issue as most tuners turn off the egr,src,dpf and flapper or Throttle valve in the tune along with related DTC's.

ngeorge14
January 25th, 2017, 12:34 AM
Thanks, because I do have the emissions delete, just wasn't sure if I would need to do an upgraded tune to prevent my truck from throwing a code

WolffXIII
January 25th, 2017, 03:17 AM
HOLD YOUR HORSES!!! Depending on the delete (and I have seen many) you may or may not get codes once you remove your egr, def, or other things. Those are changeable within EFI Live, but you do have to make sure your tune has them removed. Otherwise it still may throw a code.

Pela Motorsprots
January 25th, 2017, 03:36 AM
Easy way to check, Unplug the EGR Valves and see if you throw a CEL.. if it does plug them back in and clear the codes.. then you'll have to get a update tune file

WolffXIII
January 25th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Exsactly

sktan
March 7th, 2017, 02:28 PM
I just bought this truck in june of last year and it was already deleted, except for the EGR (http://www.commercialegrcooler.com) valve. Im looking to delete the
egr but im concerned I will need to have different tunes. im pretty new to the diesel world but any help would be greatly appreciated

You can delete the EGR.