PDA

View Full Version : Orphan E38

Doc
January 25th, 2017, 06:36 AM
I have an 08 vette in the shop and I got the unrecognized error on. Really strange being an e38.20684

LastCall
January 25th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I have an 08 vette in the shop and I got the unrecognized error on. Really strange being an e38.20684

I've had that issue before, on a PCM that was flashed with an HPT custom OS.

I'm not sure if you can overwrite it by doing a full reflash of the stock OS.

Doc
January 26th, 2017, 11:53 AM
I am suspecting an HPT custom OS. I just wanted some verification. Car runs. Runs like poop. Twin STS that hits 1516 like a door nail. Easy fix. Just need to be able to get in. I have had so so luck trying to over write HPT stuff and don't want to if I don't have to. Have plenty of door stops around here. LOL>

GMPX
January 26th, 2017, 12:01 PM
The standard GM OS that is based on is - 12617631

Doc
January 26th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Ah so. So the OS being 01250216 is probably the dead giveaway that it is not a stock OS? Thoughts on attempting to over write it with a full flash and starting over? Thanks for the help.

5.7ute
January 26th, 2017, 12:18 PM
I run into this all the time here. As long as you get the correct stock calibration you can just full flash the stock calibration in and start again from scratch.

Tre-Cool
January 26th, 2017, 07:17 PM
yep, full flash over custom hpt stuff all the time for locked ecu's (once it's been unlocked). you will be fine

What you can also do if you want to see what the old junk tune was like is rename the original cal file to match the new hpt version and you can see everything but the fuel map.

Doc
January 27th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Ok. Last bit of help. Scoured my files and the dropbox location but cannot find a stock 08 vette calibration. Anybody have one that they could post up please

LastCall
January 27th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I have one, see attached. If you need an auto version of it, I don't have one.

Hope this helps.

Doc
January 28th, 2017, 08:26 AM
Thank you. I pulled my head out of my rectum and scoured my customer cal files and found one. I have a "stock" file folder that I have accumulated / built up over the years from the former TFD and the now drop box location and was just myopically focused on not having an 08 auto vette ecm cal in it. Side note, finished car last night, had to tell the customer that what he thought was a Lingerfelter built engine is / was probably just a stock LS3 judging by the eventual numbers that bared out. Why do people, shops blatantly rip people off in such retarded ways? I just don't get it. Cheers! Have a great weekend!

joecar
January 28th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately, the industry that most of us love has earned itself a bad reputation.

~Moderator~