PDA

View Full Version : AEM X-Series Wideband - Serial

Gregs
February 11th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Hi all,

I'm getting started back up after a few years out of the game. I got a new AEM x-series wideband installed last week. I used to tune with an LC-1 but it died a few years ago. The new wideband is working but I can't get the V2 to see the sensor. I believe I have it wired correctly, I have verified that my ground and signal output go to pins 5&1 respectively on the Flashscan V2 RJ-11. The V2's 2nd light (serial coms) doesn't light up. I figured out how to cycle through different wideband options on the V2 by pushing the backspace button. The wideband doesn't show up on any of them. I've been out of the game too long, is there something else I have to do to the V2?

I wanted to start a new thread because the other one is focused on CAN communications. Working on an LS1B controller here. I feel old since everyone is playing with the new stuff now :ermm:

*Full disclosure*
I originally bought the 30-0333 kit but should have bought the 30-0300. I depinned AEM's 3&4 pin and reused one of the pins for my serial out (pin 5). I'm pretty certain I didn't mess that up... but you never know...

joecar
February 12th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Which signal are you using (Tx or Rx)...?

~Moderator~

spedracr93
February 12th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I have verified that my ground and signal output go to pins 5&1 respectively on the Flashscan V2 RJ-11.

I'm having a similar issue with the exact same sensor. I bought this with the desire to record serial data only to be disappointed when I opened the box and found that there weren't any wires for outputs beyond the CAN. I bought some contacts and 26 ga. wire and installed a wire at Pin 5 of the UEGO plug for serial output. I connected that wire to Pin 5 of a 6P6C connector while Pin 2 of the UEGO connected to both Pin 2 of the 6P6C and directly to a chassis ground.

Like you, my sensor is working fine on the display but I cannot get the V2 to read the signal.

I noticed you said you were hooked to 5 & 1 on the V2, but I have read it should be 5 & 2. I wonder if that's not your issue. I still don't know what my issue is...

Here's a crude representation of how mine is wired...

Gregs
February 13th, 2017, 03:38 AM
Which signal are you using (Tx or Rx)...?

~Moderator~

AEM Pin #5 (Serial/RS-232 Output) to Flashscan V2 pin #1 (RX)

Gregs
February 13th, 2017, 03:43 AM
I'm having a similar issue with the exact same sensor. I bought this with the desire to record serial data only to be disappointed when I opened the box and found that there weren't any wires for outputs beyond the CAN. I bought some contacts and 26 ga. wire and installed a wire at Pin 5 of the UEGO plug for serial output. I connected that wire to Pin 5 of a 6P6C connector while Pin 2 of the UEGO connected to both Pin 2 of the 6P6C and directly to a chassis ground.

Like you, my sensor is working fine on the display but I cannot get the V2 to read the signal.

I noticed you said you were hooked to 5 & 1 on the V2, but I have read it should be 5 & 2. I wonder if that's not your issue. I still don't know what my issue is...

Here's a crude representation of how mine is wired...

Nice diagram! I'm at work and my connector is at home but I think my ground was white on the connector going into the V2. See attached graphic I stole from the forum, I took that diagram as looking into the V2, so you would have to make sure you weren't looking at the connector backwards, might want to double check that? See my reply to Joecar, I have my AEM output going to V2 RX (pin #1). Maybe I'm thinking of this backwards?

joecar
February 13th, 2017, 04:37 AM
AEM Pin #5 (Serial/RS-232 Output) to Flashscan V2 pin #1 (RX)

Look at this:

serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2~post#15 (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2&p=109709&viewfull=1#post109709)

Summarizing from mr.prick's link (that's a very good link, thanks):

There are two types of serial equipment:
- DTE (data terminal equipment) e.g. computers, printers.
- DCE (data communications equipment) e.g. modems, wideband, FlashScanV2.

DCE devices can connect directly to DTE devices without Tx/Rx crossover.

Tx is the device's serial output (on which it sends out serial data).
Rx is the device's serial input (on which it receives in serial data).

Wideband and V2 are both DCE (transmit = Rx, receive = Tx)...
so somewhere in between them this has to be done (this is what the null modem adapter does, crosses Rx and Tx):
wb.Rx ---> V2.Tx
wb.Tx <--- V2.Rx

(see post #19 below)

See the attached diagram (I added some labels).

Try connecting to V2's Tx pin.

Gregs
February 13th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Look at this:

serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2~post#15 (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2&p=109709&viewfull=1#post109709)

Try connecting to V2's Tx pin.

Thanks, I'll try this tonight

Gregs
February 13th, 2017, 02:32 PM
No luck, I switched AEM output to V2 pin 2 (tx). V2 still doesn't read the wideband.

Tre-Cool
February 13th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Yeah i purchased a bunch of new units and had Dr Mike change the firmware to support a faster transmit speed and give me can support for efilive & all 3 of the guages wont work for serial. so I'm thinking something is broken on that firmware for that model.

I can swap in another guage and serial comms works, so i know it's not the cable.

spedracr93
February 13th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Nice diagram! I'm at work and my connector is at home but I think my ground was white on the connector going into the V2. See attached graphic I stole from the forum, I took that diagram as looking into the V2, so you would have to make sure you weren't looking at the connector backwards, might want to double check that? See my reply to Joecar, I have my AEM output going to V2 RX (pin #1). Maybe I'm thinking of this backwards?

Yea, I'm not sure. I wired it up from this: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16636-Installing-an-AEM-Wide-Band-02-and-logging-afr/page2

OP said he had success going to 2 and 5, and then the last post from joecar more clearly states what should be the pinout.

Is there a way to verify serial output other than through the V2. I can read a voltage output on the signal wire, but obviously that doesn't correlate to the transmission like the analog output does. It varied from 0.48 to 0.51 V changing similarly to the rate of the AFR output on the gauge.

dr.mike
February 13th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Can you try looking for the signal on the PC, using Hyperterm w/ an RS-232 adapter?
The config should be 9600,8,N,1 ( IRRC )
the signal is just plain text
e.g.

... etc,

BTW. as data goes, the 0-5v is massively superior to the slow, coarse, serial data. It is 500 samples/second, vs. 10 samples/second for the serial. And, it has active ground offset compensation.

spedracr93
February 13th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Can you try looking for the signal on the PC, using Hyperterm w/ an RS-232 adapter?
e.g.

... etc,

BTW. as data goes, the 0-5v is massively superior to the slow, coarse, serial data. It is 500 samples/second, vs. 10 samples/second for the serial. And, it has active ground offset compensation.

Sorry, Dr. Mike - That definitely exceeds my capabilities as a PC user...

Help me understand the data transmission further, though. On the last page of the manual for the gauge, in the specifications table it lists the following:

ANALOG OUTPUT: Resolution = 10 bit
Update Rate = 500 hz

OBDII OUTPUT: Bit Rate = 250/500 kb/sec
Format = 11/29 bit ID
DLC = 8

SERIAL OUTPUT: Baud Rate = 9600 bps
Data bits = 8
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1

Due to my current hardware that I'm tuning, OBDII is not an option for use.

Now, this is mostly all lost on me, but it has been my understanding that the serial data was superior to the analog because of the speed of the data; i.e. the faster you can get the data the closer the results are to the event within the engine, thereby decreasing the gap that O2 readings follow the combustion. In comparison of the data above, is 9600 bps not equal to 9.6 kHz?

Not second guessing you; just seeking to understand.

If the analog is better, I'm all for that. I've been using an analog WB for some time now and know I can easily set that up!

dr.mike
February 13th, 2017, 05:19 PM
You are confusing the baud rate ( 9600 ) with the data packet rate (10 ).

The baud rate allows up to 9600 bits per second ( ~950 bytes per second ). But, the wideband only sends 10 sample packets per second. So, there is some space in-between. It's slow enough that you can watch them scroll by on the hyperterm screen. It is this slow, only, because it was supposed to be compatible with the older 30-4100 and 30-2310 devices; which, did not have CAN output. And, really weren't any faster than that anyway.

Additionally, the serial data is only 3-digits. "xx.x" So, there is nothing between 14.7 and 14.8, for example. It's really just a vestigial feature; to allow AEM to phase out the older models, without leaving old ECUs that rely on it, out in the cold.

The analog data is updated 500 times / second. So, it is, literally, 50X faster than the serial data.
And, it has the full 10-bit resolution. IIRC it steps from 14.7 to 14.72, etc.

Here is a trace on the analog output. Going from free-air to 14.7AFR

Name: transient-response-hi-lo.jpg
Views: 0
Size: 140.4 KB
ID: 20749

You can see the steps 2ms apart. Even the CAN data only updates every 10ms. Which is one of those dividing lines.

I would never use the serial data over the analog data on the 30-03xx, unless I had to.

spedracr93
February 13th, 2017, 05:21 PM
I would never use the serial data over the analog data on the 30-03xx, unless I had to.

Enlightening and Interesting.

I'll give the analog a shot.

Thanks!

Tre-Cool
February 13th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I might have a play tonight in the drag car with the analog too. I've got 2 guages in it. My biggest problem with the analog appears to more of an issue with the v2's own grounding problems.

I.e with nothing plugged in some ofthe AD ports are showing .02~05 of a volt.

dr.mike
February 13th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Could just be high-impedance floating inputs. which should be OK.
Or... a complete cluster-f^%k. Either way :)

Gregs
February 14th, 2017, 02:43 AM
Yea, I'm not sure. I wired it up from this: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16636-Installing-an-AEM-Wide-Band-02-and-logging-afr/page2

OP said he had success going to 2 and 5, and then the last post from joecar more clearly states what should be the pinout.

Is there a way to verify serial output other than through the V2. I can read a voltage output on the signal wire, but obviously that doesn't correlate to the transmission like the analog output does. It varied from 0.48 to 0.51 V changing similarly to the rate of the AFR output on the gauge.

Dummy me, I should have checked for voltage while I was there

e.g.

... etc,

I can do this

You are confusing the baud rate ( 9600 ) with the data packet rate (10 ).

The baud rate allows up to 9600 bits per second ( ~950 bytes per second ). But, the wideband only sends 10 sample packets per second. So, there is some space in-between. It's slow enough that you can watch them scroll by on the hyperterm screen. It is this slow, only, because it was supposed to be compatible with the older 30-4100 and 30-2310 devices; which, did not have CAN output. And, really weren't any faster than that anyway.

Additionally, the serial data is only 3-digits. "xx.x" So, there is nothing between 14.7 and 14.8, for example. It's really just a vestigial feature; to allow AEM to phase out the older models, without leaving old ECUs that rely on it, out in the cold.

The analog data is updated 500 times / second. So, it is, literally, 50X faster than the serial data.
And, it has the full 10-bit resolution. IIRC it steps from 14.7 to 14.72, etc.

Here is a trace on the analog output. Going from free-air to 14.7AFR

Name: transient-response-hi-lo.jpg
Views: 0
Size: 140.4 KB
ID: 20749

You can see the steps 2ms apart. Even the CAN data only updates every 10ms. Which is one of those dividing lines.

Mike, Thanks for the great info and explanation. Coming from the LC-1 days we were always told to use serial because it was better. Seems funny to be moving to digital->analog for better performance. It's unfortunate that the serial connection is a simpler connection to make vs those orange connectors on the bottom. Due to these findings i'm going to move to analog after I get this serial issue figured out. It will drive me crazy if I don't figure out the solution.

If memory serves me right I'll have to go into some config file to setup what voltage=AFR for this series of gauge. Does anyone have that info handy?

One big thing just hit me, I don't want an AFR output I want a lambda output. Can we change this?

Tre-Cool
February 14th, 2017, 02:55 AM
if you use the analog then your calc pid would be configured for the input/output type.

*CLC-00-2058
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD4}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "({EXT.AD4}*2.3750+7.3125"
lambda 0.5 1.5 .3 "({EXT.AD4}*0.1621)+0.4990"

CALC.AEM_AD4 F001 CLC-00-2058 "AFR,lambda,V" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AEM AD4"

if you use the serial port, u need to leave the display set to afr otherwise you get weird data come through.

dr.mike
February 14th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Coming from the LC-1 days we were always told to use serial because it was better. Seems funny to be moving to digital->analog for better performance.

The LC-1 was great, if you knew how to set it up properly ( few did). Otherwise, you had to deal with ground offset issues and HUGE noise problems. So, the serial data was used allot. Even though it cut down the response speed to 12Hz.

This is about the best possible output from an LC-1. With the cables cut down to about 6" and, using 12-gauge wires, with isolated signal ground and differential input. 99% of installations were MUCH noisier than this.

vs. the 30-0300 w/ the full length harness and standard ( single-ended ) input, like the MPVI. Out of the box.

Both are the same transition. From free-air to Lambda 1.00

One big thing just hit me, I don't want an AFR output I want a lambda output. Can we change this?

if you use the serial port, u need to leave the display set to afr otherwise you get weird data come through.

Kinda the same issue here. There is a bug. Where, if you switch the display to Lambda, the serial data, also, switches to Lambda... kinda.
The decimal point ends up in the wrong place. So lambda 1.00 displays as 10.0 etc. Of course, some genius started using that. So, now it can't be changed.

joecar
February 16th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Yes, with the LC-1 analog output, you could use the second channel of the FSV1/FSV2 to subtract out the offset!

Back in the day, with the LS1 VPW PCM's, the pid logging rate is 10 Hz, this is matched to the LC-1 serial comm's 12 Hz sample rate.

But with the CAN bus ECM's, the pid logging rate is 20-40 Hz, so you need a wideband with higher sample rate.

The 03-0330 analog output does look much cleaner... a little bit more overshoot.

dr.mike
February 16th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Turns out, that isn't overshoot, in the proper sense. That's the effect of the pressure pulse from the test gas solenoid activation. Only the LC-1 and the new AEM controllers are fast enough to see it. It lasts about 40ms or so.
Somewhere around here, I have the pressure sensor output trace, from that test, that matches it.

joecar
February 16th, 2017, 05:50 PM
Ah, I see, it's the pressure pulse.

Is the LC-2 the same as the LC-1 (is it as fast...?)...?

dr.mike
February 16th, 2017, 06:12 PM
The LC-2 and MTX-L ( and, i think the LM-2 ) are limited to the 12Hz ( 82ms ) update rate on both the serial and analog outputs.
But, they announced a new version at SEMA that is supposed to be faster.

Gelf VXR
February 23rd, 2017, 01:10 AM
The LC-1 was great, if you knew how to set it up properly ( few did). Otherwise, you had to deal with ground offset issues and HUGE noise problems. So, the serial data was used allot. Even though it cut down the response speed to 12Hz.

This is about the best possible output from an LC-1. With the cables cut down to about 6" and, using 12-gauge wires, with isolated signal ground and differential input. 99% of installations were MUCH noisier than this.

Hi Mike

I'm getting ready to re install my two LC-1's following this advice, I've got the cable, capacitors and resister as mentioned in another thread, do you have a wiring diagram for the placement of the capacitor and resister? Unfortunately I have one LC-1 with the green wire, the other without

Tre-Cool
February 23rd, 2017, 03:14 AM
So i have 2 aems in my twin turbo drag car and 1 in my spare single turbo drag car...

I haven't logged the twin yet except via the serial port, but i did log the single the other day via the serial and the analog & i must say the analog is pretty good.

attached is a screenshot from a 9.7 second run (hit limiter well before the line) there is some drop-outs from the serial line but that is most likely from a loose connection.

as can be seen the analog line is probably able to send data much quicker then the bbx is able to sample data at. there is definitely more sample data from the analog then the serial.

joecar
February 23rd, 2017, 07:18 AM
I've got the cable, capacitors and resister as mentioned in another thread, do you have a wiring diagram for the placement of the capacitor and resister?

Hi Gelf, please can you post a link to the other thread.

joecar
February 23rd, 2017, 07:20 AM
there is definitely more sample data from the analog then the serial.
In your logs what is the time between frames (or what is the sample rate)...?

dr.mike
February 23rd, 2017, 12:16 PM
I'm getting ready to re install my two LC-1's following this advice, I've got the cable, capacitors and resister as mentioned in another thread, do you have a wiring diagram for the placement of the capacitor and resister? Unfortunately I have one LC-1 with the green wire, the other without

It's been a long time since I did a proper LC-1 setup. I'll see if I can dig up my notes.

Tre-Cool
February 24th, 2017, 01:01 AM
In your logs what is the time between frames (or what is the sample rate)...?

Log here:20778

Gregs
February 27th, 2017, 12:32 PM
e.g.

... etc,

I finally got a nice day to do some testing, the multimeter shows .03V from ground to serial output on the wideband. Using Putty I couldn't get any output. I tried a bunch of settings, tried it soldered to the rx and then the tx on the com port.. nothing. Double checked that the serial output pin was seated in the AEM harness.

joecar
February 27th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Try swapping rx with tx.

rx/tx needs signal ground connected also.

dr.mike
February 27th, 2017, 02:05 PM
I'm checking with AEM to see if they are using the newer firmware that does not have the serial code in it, to save space.

Tre-Cool
March 5th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Try swapping rx with tx.

rx/tx needs signal ground connected also.

not in my experience. i just connect the tx pin to my patch cable

joecar
March 9th, 2017, 11:57 AM
not in my experience. i just connect the tx pin to my patch cableYou don't have any explicit signal return path...?

Tre-Cool
March 9th, 2017, 03:15 PM
my patch cable is for use with the alm widebands. so all i do is just put the blue wire from the aem into the rx pin for the v2 and it works. except for the latest aem firmware gauges where they don't appear to be transmitting at all.

Gregs
April 1st, 2017, 11:24 AM
Today I wired up for analog voltages, I've given up on serial since I can't get it to work at all. It's been cold here in Iowa and working in an unheated garage isn't fun, finally getting around to working on this. I have the analog voltages working with BBX and I've modified the calc_pids.txt file for the correct equation for my sensor but can't figure out how to get the 0-5v signal to show up as my lambda/afr. I can't find the right PID.

Tre-Cool
April 2nd, 2017, 02:43 AM
Use these:

*CLC-00-119
factor 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.AEM_AD3}/{GM.AFR}"

*CLC-00-120
factor 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.AEM_AD4}/{GM.AFR}"

*CLC-00-2058
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD3}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "{EXT.AD3}*2.3750+7.3125"
lambda 0.5 1.5 .3 "(0.1621*{EXT.AD3})+0.4990"

*CLC-00-2059
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD4}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "{EXT.AD4}*2.3750+7.3125"
lambda 0.5 1.5 .3 "(0.1621*{EXT.AD4})+0.4990"

*CLC-00-2060
factor 0.5 1.5 .3 "({CALC.AEM_AD4}/14.7)*{SAE.LAMBDA}"

CALC.AFR-WO2BEN.AD3 F110 CLC-00-119 factor "W02-Ben" "AFR BEN AD3 AEM"
CALC.AFR-WO2BEN.AD4 F110 CLC-00-120 factor "W02-Ben" "AFR BEN AD4 AEM"
CALC.AEM_AD3 F001 CLC-00-2058 "AFR,lambda,V" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AEM AD3"
CALC.AEM_AD4 F001 CLC-00-2059 "AFR,lambda,V" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AEM AD4"
CALC.BEN.AEMAD4 F110 CLC-00-2060 factor "W02-Ben" "AD4 AEM BEN from Lambda"

The ben's are for LS1 & E38.

joecar
April 2nd, 2017, 06:00 PM
Today I wired up for analog voltages, I've given up on serial since I can't get it to work at all. It's been cold here in Iowa and working in an unheated garage isn't fun, finally getting around to working on this. I have the analog voltages working with BBX and I've modified the calc_pids.txt file for the correct equation for my sensor but can't figure out how to get the 0-5v signal to show up as my lambda/afr. I can't find the right PID.

20909Are you running LS1B or E38/E67...?

CALC.AEM.AFR
CALC.AEM.LAM

Gregs
April 7th, 2017, 02:35 AM
Could I please get some help with syntax,

Why does this work:
V 0.0 5.0 .3 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .3 "{EXT.AD1}*2.3750+7.3125"
LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "(0.1621*{EXT.AD1})+0.4990"
EQR 0.5 1.5 .3 "1/((0.1621*{EXT.AD1})+0.4990)"

But this won't work:
V 0.0 5.0 .3 "{EXT.AD1}"
LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.AEM.AFR}/14.7"
EQR 0.5 1.5 .3 "1/CALC.AEM.LAM"

#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.AFR-WO2BEN.AD1 F110 CLC-00-119 factor "W02-Ben" "AFR BEN AEM"
CALC.AEM F001 CLC-00-2058 "V,AFR,LAM,EQR" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AEM"
CALC.BEN.AEMAD1 F110 CLC-00-2060 factor "W02-Ben" "AEM BEN from Lambda"

joecar
April 7th, 2017, 08:25 AM

Are you running LS1B or E38/E67...?

Your calc_pids.txt file is for E38, but your log file looks like LS1B.

joecar
April 7th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Could I please get some help with syntax,

Why does this work:
V 0.0 5.0 .3 "{EXT.AD1}"
LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "(0.1621*{EXT.AD1})+0.4990"
EQR 0.5 1.5 .3 "1/((0.1621*{EXT.AD1})+0.4990)"

But this won't work:
V 0.0 5.0 .3 "{EXT.AD1}"
LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.AEM.AFR}/14.7"
EQR 0.5 1.5 .3 "1/CALC.AEM.LAM"

#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.AFR-WO2BEN.AD1 F110 CLC-00-119 factor "W02-Ben" "AFR BEN AEM"
CALC.AEM F001 CLC-00-2058 "V,AFR,LAM,EQR" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AEM"
CALC.BEN.AEMAD1 F110 CLC-00-2060 factor "W02-Ben" "AEM BEN from Lambda"

What error does it say...?

You're using CLC numbers -2058 and -2060... they propbably should be 3 digit, and that have to match the CLC that you edited.

Also, you're reusing the F number, F110 is used twice.

Also, for CALC.BEN.AEMAD1, you can't use a name like that, too many dots, try CALC.BEN_AEM_AD1
And instead of units factor, you probably meant LAM.

And for CALC.AFR-WO2BEN.AD1, you can't use "-" in a name, try CALC.AFR_WO2BEN_AD1, or better CALC.WO2AFR_AD1 (since AFR and BEN are two different things).
And instead of units factor, you probably meant AFR.

CALC.AEM F001 CLC-00-xxx "V,AFR,LAM,EQR" "WO2-Analog" "Wide Band AEM"
CALC.WO2AFR.AD1 F119 CLC-00-119 AFR "W02-Ben" "AEM AFR"
CALC.BEN_AEM_AD1 Fxxx CLC-00-xxx LAM "W02-Ben" "AEM BEN from Lambda"

Post your edited calc_pids.txt file, let's fix it.

Gregs
April 10th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Attached is the calc_pids I have that seem to be working but with all the problems you've identified. I'm using LS1B only.

On a separate topic I'm finding that the voltage being logged is too low. The wideband gauge is showing reasonable AFR's of 14-15.5(lean cruise) but according to the voltage being logged the engine is running rich. The equations on the calc_pids.txt are the correct equations according to the AEM manual. I'm thinking I may be getting too much voltage drop between the gauge and the V2. I'm using two wires out of a CAT5 cable for the AD1. Is there a recommended gauge for the analog voltage? Attached is a log, the gauge was showing around 14.2 AFR at idle at the start of this log.

Tre-Cool
April 10th, 2017, 12:51 PM
flip the wires around on the ad connector. i found this out the other day that if you wire it wrong. it'll still work but the voltage is different.

i also use ad4 on mine simply because the first couple of ad's always have some sort of voltage reading on them. even on a couple of different v2 units

Gregs
April 13th, 2017, 08:20 AM
flip the wires around on the ad connector. i found this out the other day that if you wire it wrong. it'll still work but the voltage is different.

i also use ad4 on mine simply because the first couple of ad's always have some sort of voltage reading on them. even on a couple of different v2 units

That did the trick, I will checkout my other analog ports to see if they have voltage when not being used.