PDA

View Full Version : how are people deleting the newer 6.7s?

C Murda
February 12th, 2017, 06:06 AM
I was wondering how everyone seems to be delete tuning they newer 6.7s? I have an 08 and tune just here and there on my own truck and last i hear EFILive stopped offering any delete tuning abilities for the newer trucks? Im not on here much so im not sure if anything has changed but i really would like to buy a newer Ram but im being held back because i dont like not having the ability to adjust/tune anything i want in the ECM....

Snipesy
February 12th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Cummins has their own tuning software. Software can be broken in many ways.

Now no one's going to admit it, but the entire tuning world really just revolves around stealing work. We're pretty much China.

C Murda
February 12th, 2017, 07:09 AM
i understand that but like i asked what is the majority of people using because if access to cummins software were that easy id think itd be out for grabs to the public? If EFILive doesnt allow for delete tuning what is the next "best" software out there? H&S? PPEI? BullyDog etc...? just sucks that i invested money into EFI as i use it on tuning my gasoline GM cars also and now if i want to buy a newer truck i cant delete tune with what i have....

Snipesy
February 12th, 2017, 10:42 AM
It is out for grabs to the public. (https://insite.cummins.com/insite/insitemdl.html) I have no experience with how the program works, I just know that it exists.

ScarabEpic22
February 12th, 2017, 06:34 PM
If all you're looking for is the delete part, get in touch with a tuner that offers it and buy it from then. Then you can use that as your base file and build your own tunes on top of it. It's a bit tricky as you dont know what changes are really in the tune, but its better than nothing.

Or start spending a lot of time understanding the internal workings of the ECM's code.

crazybrowner
February 13th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Do you want a delete tune for your 08 I have a csp5 tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMPX
February 13th, 2017, 10:14 AM
For what it is worth, we often get people asking can we please have a special software version with the delete parameters in there. Well I can assure you it doesn't exist, I have not even looked at how to remove emissions from the late model Cummins ECM's.....not even looked at it!

Cheers,
Ross

C Murda
February 13th, 2017, 01:35 PM
If all you're looking for is the delete part, get in touch with a tuner that offers it and buy it from then. Then you can use that as your base file and build your own tunes on top of it. It's a bit tricky as you dont know what changes are really in the tune, but its better than nothing.

Or start spending a lot of time understanding the internal workings of the ECM's code.

So are you saying to essentially "stack" using a box tuner for delete purposes and then EFI for all performance tuning?

C Murda
February 13th, 2017, 01:43 PM
For what it is worth, we often get people asking can we please have a special software version with the delete parameters in there. Well I can assure you it doesn't exist, I have not even looked at how to remove emissions from the late model Cummins ECM's.....not even looked at it!

Cheers,
Ross

"Doesnt exist" as in at all from any other tuning software on the market? Or are you specifically speaking for EFILive?

Also, i understand that the reasoning behind not offering delete tuning was due to some major lawsuits that the EPA issued against other tuners but what about now that we have a new President who will effectively be reversing a lot the last POS did while in office? Probably a long shot asking but figured id throw it out there... Trump LOVES the Diesel world!! haha

ScarabEpic22
February 13th, 2017, 04:00 PM
So are you saying to essentially "stack" using a box tuner for delete purposes and then EFI for all performance tuning?

No. I'm saying get a tuner to supply you a tune in EFILive format that has the delete done. Then you can use that for your new base tune and tune it normally.

crazybrowner
February 14th, 2017, 01:09 AM
I was wondering how everyone seems to be delete tuning they newer 6.7s? I have an 08 and tune just here and there on my own truck and last i hear EFILive stopped offering any delete tuning abilities for the newer trucks? Im not on here much so im not sure if anything has changed but i really would like to buy a newer Ram but im being held back because i dont like not having the ability to adjust/tune anything i want in the ECM....

I have a 08 csp5 delete tune that was done by a reliable company pm and I'll send it to you

WolffXIII
February 14th, 2017, 04:13 AM
I use Insite to do any delete on Cummins motors. Once you make that part of your tune in Insite, you take that file into EFI Live and tune it for performance from there. Pretty simple to do, its just getting a working version of Insite, because unfortunately its not easy to get. I would say do some searching on Google, but I know your going to be over run with virus. If I were you, I would speak to your tuner to see if he has a copy he can give you. Insite is similar to EFI Live but it is its own beast of a program and figuring it out isn't easy. BUT you can find guides to show you how to turn off everything you need to do a delete on a Cummins.

crazybrowner
February 14th, 2017, 04:40 AM
I use insite on my trucks. Just put a high sulphur tune in and bump the hp

ikre8kos4u
February 14th, 2017, 07:33 AM
I use Insite to do any delete on Cummins motors. Once you make that part of your tune in Insite, you take that file into EFI Live and tune it for performance from there. Pretty simple to do, its just getting a working version of Insite, because unfortunately its not easy to get. I would say do some searching on Google, but I know your going to be over run with virus. If I were you, I would speak to your tuner to see if he has a copy he can give you. Insite is similar to EFI Live but it is its own beast of a program and figuring it out isn't easy. BUT you can find guides to show you how to turn off everything you need to do a delete on a Cummins.

He could you PM me on the "insite" discussion

hsesws6
February 14th, 2017, 05:22 PM

I would also be interested in any information you could provide or point me in the right direction. I already have insight.

C Murda
February 16th, 2017, 01:15 PM
I have a 08 csp5 delete tune that was done by a reliable company pm and I'll send it to you

thanks man but i have EFILive for my 08 already and can delete tune my truck as those parameters werent removed until 2010 models...

C Murda
February 16th, 2017, 01:18 PM
as for Insight, this sounds really interesting! if i could get a legit use able copy of tat software then ill definitely get a new truck!

crazybrowner
February 16th, 2017, 03:48 PM
thanks man but i have EFILive for my 08 already and can delete tune my truck as those parameters werent removed until 2010 models...

I have efi delete tunes right up to 17 Cummins trucks lol

KhakiCummins
February 17th, 2017, 06:27 AM
I have efi delete tunes right up to 17 Cummins trucks lol

Where are you getting your base files from?

crazybrowner
February 17th, 2017, 06:29 AM
I don't play around to much. I buy tunes from ppei or motor ops

superwagon
February 17th, 2017, 08:31 AM

So you are just reselling tunes from the main guys that have built the needed parameters in?

crazybrowner
February 17th, 2017, 08:34 AM
So you are just reselling tunes from the main guys that have built the needed parameters in?

I buy them for my customers vehicles

KhakiCummins
February 17th, 2017, 04:45 PM

So you haven't actually deleted any Dodge trucks with Insite then?

crazybrowner
February 18th, 2017, 12:35 AM
So you haven't actually deleted any Dodge trucks with Insite then?

I have but only for myself. You have to use calterm then insite. It's easier to buy tunes for customers tho

turbofamily
February 18th, 2017, 05:04 AM
I have but only for myself. You have to use calterm then insite. It's easier to buy tunes for customers tho

But the tune files you've purchased for 10-17 trucks would not be editable by an end user.... so....

crazybrowner
February 18th, 2017, 05:10 AM
Oh I have a couple unlocked ones

pavetim
May 16th, 2017, 12:26 PM
Man wish you guys could help me out. I am thinking about selling my Duramax and getting a 2017 Cummins. I really would like to see some tunes so I can play around and learn the cummins format. any help on this?

crazybrowner
May 16th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Pm me

SASDakota
May 18th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Are they supposed to be unlocked and shared? I doubt PPEI or Motor Ops would appreciate that!

crazybrowner
May 18th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Are they supposed to be unlocked and shared? I doubt PPEI or Motor Ops would appreciate that!

there tunes are locked and cannot be shared

bigduke1
August 16th, 2017, 10:46 PM
ok then how can I get 1 from ya $

crazybrowner
August 16th, 2017, 11:02 PM
ok then how can I get 1 from ya $

Shoot me a message

Road
February 18th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Reading through this tread it is clear that someone is selling someone else work.

kyle027
February 23rd, 2018, 12:16 PM
This is interesting

SASDakota
February 26th, 2018, 08:57 AM
I agree with Mike... Doesn't seem to be on the up and up here. Plus I hate seeing this stuff spread into the wild. TONS of work to get to that point.

CFNibertCC
February 25th, 2019, 09:05 AM
Just like all these companies hacking Cummins software to sell thousand dollar v2 units just so you have to purchase Bully dog products... yeah I feel ya.

GMPX
February 25th, 2019, 09:53 AM
How is getting a Bully Dog going to help you? I am under the impression that they only sell emissions approved tuners now.

Road
February 26th, 2019, 01:24 AM
Just like all these companies hacking Cummins software to sell thousand dollar v2 units just so you have to purchase Bully dog products... yeah I feel ya.

Geeez these guys must be geniuses, so much so they decided to get out of the emission market. EFI Live now unlocks controllers when you flash your tune file, so no Bully Dog required.

CFNibertCC
February 26th, 2019, 03:10 AM
Ok, this is a very simple question. How can you delete emissions with only a V2 controller?

Road
February 26th, 2019, 03:22 AM
Ok, this is a very simple question. How can you delete emissions with only a V2 controller?

The V2 is simply a device or interfacing with the ecm. It will allow you the flash files to your truck. Easiest way is to purchase a file from a a company that supports emissions off tune files. You can search google and many will pop up. EFI supplies no tuning, you have to purchase you files else where. EFI does have a link for stock files and you can edit the stock files with their software and do you own tuning as well. But for emissions off you will be money ahead to purchase some proven files from a reputable company.

CFNibertCC
February 26th, 2019, 08:13 AM
Thanks, that’s all I needed to hear....I need to purchase a product from a 3rd party.

Patron6370
February 27th, 2020, 08:42 AM

Have any contact for me interested to buy

whistler
February 28th, 2020, 01:49 AM
Have any contact for me interested to buy

Off-road tunes in the states are going to be hard to obtain. And, anything you do obtain will be locked/ unable to be edited. You may want to google your vehicle and "tuning" and see what pops up from other countries.

Chavez91
February 28th, 2020, 08:33 PM
This thread is the true origin of the Corona Virus ..... Lol

GMPX
March 1st, 2020, 10:47 AM
So true, if you don't like the first answer just ask it again on the next page :doh:

January 2nd, 2021, 04:27 AM
I’m glad I can across this thread. I assumed all emissions could be modified with EFIs software. Our ‘17 Ram is in the shop for the fourth time in the last year for emissions work. Thankfully all under warranty but I’m looking to be prepared for when it’s no longer covered under warranty. I’m not located in the US and can easily purchase the required tunes but I was hoping to learn the actual tuning side of things as I like to tinker on all my vehicles and was going to start with some online diesel tuning courses. Still more research for me to do.