PDA

View Full Version : p1133 p1153 codes...

ZL1Killa
June 9th, 2006, 04:53 AM
here is a link to what problem i'm having
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515608&page=1

its the p1133 and p1153 codes insufficient 02 switching
anyone know how to fix?

car has kooks 1 3/4 stainless stell headers, and hasn't had a problem till after i tried to kill all of the air pump...and all the emissions crap

any help would be greatly appreciated

eboggs_jkvl
June 9th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Did you try this stuff? Those are front O2 sensor codes. Did you foul the O2 sensors with too rich a condition? Did you get oil on the sensors?

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P1133.htm

ZL1Killa
June 11th, 2006, 03:31 AM
yeh tried all that . the sensors are fine, haven't done anything else to them since i installed the headers. simply turned off the airpump and all the readiness tests and then after about a week it started happening.

going to turn everything back on and see if it still does it hopefully turn everything back on this week

ZL1Killa
June 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Quote from my friend(WS6FirebirdTA00):
Find out from the EFI boys if they have a table which controls the amount of fuel the injectors shoot to make the o2s switch. In HPT its called proportional fueling. This is where you problem is, nothing with the switch point. I would put them back to stock and set up a scan so you know at XX airflow what mV you see for the AFR you want. If you find this table we can take care of it, the problem is coming from the injectors. The computer is commanding large fuel swings, which with bigger injecotrs is even larger. This makes the o2 readings rail at idle (you can see that in the log).

does anyone know about this table?

BowlingSS
June 14th, 2006, 03:30 AM
here is a link to what problem i'm having
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515608&page=1

its the p1133 and p1153 codes insufficient 02 switching
anyone know how to fix?

car has kooks 1 3/4 stainless stell headers, and hasn't had a problem till after i tried to kill all of the air pump...and all the emissions crap

any help would be greatly appreciated

I had the same problem long time ago. I replaced the front O2's with the Bosch 13111 (Vette rear O2's) and codes never came back. Of course now I am running OLSD (no O2's).
Good luck.
Bill

ZL1Killa
June 14th, 2006, 04:44 AM
thats not it. its the injectors, WS6FirebirdTA00 had the same problem. its the injectors as stated in the post above yours

ZL1Killa
June 14th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Where is the table which controls the amount of fuel the injectors shoot to make the o2s switch. In HPT its called proportional fueling. This is where you problem is, nothing with the switch point. I would put them back to stock and set up a scan so you know at XX airflow what mV you see for the AFR you want. If you find this table we can take care of it, the problem is coming from the injectors. The computer is commanding large fuel swings, which with bigger injecotrs is even larger. This makes the o2 readings rail at idle (you can see that in the log).

does anyone know?

ZL1Killa
June 14th, 2006, 09:01 AM
c'mon guys.... i know someone knows

ZL1Killa
June 14th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Where is the table which controls the amount of fuel the injectors shoot to make the o2s switch. In HPT its called proportional fueling. This is where you problem is, nothing with the switch point. I would put them back to stock and set up a scan so you know at XX airflow what mV you see for the AFR you want. If you find this table we can take care of it, the problem is coming from the injectors. The computer is commanding large fuel swings, which with bigger injecotrs is even larger. This makes the o2 readings rail at idle (you can see that in the log).

does anyone know?

Doc
June 14th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Ok, I don't want to sound dense but you said everything was "fine" before you turned off the airpump correct? Well I would interpret those codes as saying "hey I'm not in closed loop yet and I have timed out waiting on the front O2s to heat up." In a way this is a fueling problem however, if you haven't changed injectors then I wouldn't start looking for the answer in changing a characteristic of an injector. I would log RAFIG from a cold start along with wideband reading and see if it can get in CL from a cold idle on it's own. If not, I would work on the idle situation, getting it to go into CL on it's own just idling before the pcm times out. I noticed this happening with my A4 and until I got both RAFPN and RAFIG down I had the same codes. I comprehend the line of your friend's thinking, I just don't know how to go about what he is talking about. Good luck.:wave:

ZL1Killa
June 15th, 2006, 07:16 AM
i have new 36.5# injectors. what is this RAFIG and other things you are talking about?

the car will run fine, it will go into CL just idling. it takes a good 40mins of driving if not more for it to throw just the p1133 code

if you want i can show you the logs. during the same time of turning off the air pump we also installed the new injectors.

the reason my friend says what he does, is he had the same problem with the same type injectors. his logs looked exactly the same

Ross...Paul...where yall at?

if EFI LIVE doesn't have this table and HPTuners does... i think yall need to add it.(i'm pretty sure its already there, yall are each others top competitors)

ZL1Killa
June 19th, 2006, 02:26 PM
....changing to stock injectors to see if it fixes the problem or not....

DrX
June 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Some excerpts from the diagnostic in the manual:

Conditions for Running the DTC (http://127.0.0.1:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=682265&psdid=238&evc=sm#ss2-682265)

DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0106, P0107, P0108, P0112, P0113, P0117, P0118, P121, P0122, P0123, P0200, P0300, P0410, P0440, P0442, P0446, P0452, P0453, P1258, P1415, P1416, or P1441 are not set.
The loop status is Closed.
The engine run time is more than 160 seconds.
The engine speed is between 1,000-2,300 RPM.
The ignition 1 signal is between 9-18 volts.
The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is more than 50°C (122°F).
The evaporative emissions (EVAP) purge solenoid is more than 0 percent.
The mass air flow (MAF) is between 20-50 g/s.
The throttle position (TP) is more than 5 percent.
The fuel tank level remaining is more than 10 percent.
Test Description (http://127.0.0.1:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=682265&psdid=238&evc=sm#ss4-682265)

The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

This step determines if the condition is present. This test may take 5 minutes for the diagnostic to run.
When DTCs 1133 and P1153 are set at the same time, a fuel contamination condition is probably present.
An exhaust leak 6-12 inches from the HO2S can cause a DTC to set.
This step tests whether a good ground circuit is available.
This step tests the integrity of the HO2S high signal circuit to the PCM.
This step tests the integrity of the HO2S high signal circuit to the PCM.

Certain RTV silicone gasket materials release vapors that can contaminate the HO2S. Silicone in the fuel can also cause silicone contamination. If the sensors appear to be silicone-contaminated, and if all the silicone sealant is a non-silicone base, advise the customer to try a different fuel company. A missing fuel filler restrictor indicates that the customer may have used leaded fuel.

Important

Determine and correct the cause of the contamination before replacing a sensor. Inspect for the following conditions:

Fuel contamination
Use of an improper RTV sealant
Engine oil or coolant consumption

ZL1Killa
June 23rd, 2006, 06:12 AM
does anyone have experience with injector tuning and injectors not going small enough **something *** and therefore the car triggers the 1133 code

in HPTuners its called proportional fueling.... does anyone know of the similar table in EFI LIVE??

I know that this is the answer... these injectors just don't like it right now

Zfreak
August 28th, 2007, 12:19 AM
This is a real old thread but I found it useful anyway. I noticed "oil contamination" as one of the listed potential reasons why an 02 can become fouled. My car definitely burns oil at high rpm (>5500) due to the famous LS1 ring flutter. I wonder if there is a way to "recover" an oil fouled 02....Maybe pull it out and hit it with a torch....