PDA

View Full Version : Known Issues With Current Public Release

Blacky
February 16th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Latest updates (released as an auto-update):

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10.323 (updated Feb 19, 2017)
EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5.316 (updated Feb 19, 2017)
Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014)
Firmware: V2.07.113 (Feb 19, 2016) (updated Feb 19, 2017)

Updates are described here: What's New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_316.htm)

Use these links to download the latest version:
EFILiveV8.2.5.316_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.5.316_Setup.exe)
EFILiveV7.5.10.323_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.10.323_Setup.exe)

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue 2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue 3:
Some LS1B tune files report "Controller type cannot be determined" when opened in the V7.5 software.
Workaround:
Update to V7.5.9 build 322.

Issue 4:
After Issue 3 was fixed, the software and firmware numbers were out of sync, causing the V7.5.9.322 V7 software to be detected as incompatible with the V2.07.112 firmware.
Workaround:
All version numbers have been re-synchronized.
Please update to:
Version 7: V7.5.10.323
Version 8: V8.2.5.316
Firmware: V2.07.113

Issue 5:
The full-flash and cal-flash counters in FlashScan and AutoCal are not updating when flashing controllers via the V8 software. They only update when flashing via the V7.5 software.
Workaround:
None. Will be fixed in the next update.

ProperTuningOG
February 17th, 2017, 11:05 AM
New version now shows this on various files that open fine on previous version.

Blacky
February 17th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Does it only occur on LS1B files?
Can you send me a file that causes that error message?

Regards
Paul

ProperTuningOG
February 17th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Here is one.

Blacky
February 17th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Thanks, A patch will be available to fix the problem in the next hour.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 17th, 2017, 02:21 PM
New version now shows this on various files that open fine on previous version.

Update has been posted to fix that issue, download the updated V7.5 software here:
EFILiveV7.5.9.322_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.9.322_Setup.exe)

Regards
Paul

ProperTuningOG
February 18th, 2017, 06:08 AM
Fixed, thanks!!

recrit
February 19th, 2017, 08:03 AM
I have updated to V7.5.9 build 322, V8.2.4.315, firmware V2.07.112 (Feb 14, 2017).
Controller: LS1B
Issue: When I open V7.5 Scan Tool, it cannot connect to the controller. It states that it is incompatible with the firmware and to update both V7.5 and V8 (which i have done).

I generally use V8 to flash the tune and V7.5 to log data.
Please advise.

Blacky
February 19th, 2017, 08:14 AM
I have updated to V7.5.9 build 322, V8.2.4.315, firmware V2.07.112 (Feb 14, 2017).
Controller: LS1B
Issue: When I open V7.5 Scan Tool, it cannot connect to the controller. It states that it is incompatible with the firmware and to update both V7.5 and V8 (which i have done).

I generally use V8 to flash the tune and V7.5 to log data.
Please advise.

I will post an update in about an hour to fix that.

Regards
Paul

wesam
February 19th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Waiting for the update

wesam
February 19th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Thanks Paul its working now

recrit
February 19th, 2017, 10:39 AM
Thanks Paul! The update worked for me too.

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 2nd, 2017, 09:30 AM
Is V315 available anywhere ?

I have heard of issues with V316 and want to avoid any on LML and Cummins flashing, was told 315 was stable.

Thanks

Blacky
March 2nd, 2017, 09:41 AM

I have heard of issues with V316 and want to avoid any on LML and Cummins flashing, was told 315 was stable.

Thanks

V8 builds 314 thru 317 and V7.5 builds 315 thru 324 are all still available for download.
Just edit the build number in the download links to get the version you want/need.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
March 2nd, 2017, 10:14 AM

Thanks
Well Tony only one user is reporting issues with V316 (and they are very, very strange things), if you know of any issues with this version yourself please let us know, if you know of others having issue with that release please let them know to contact us.

Thanks,
Ross

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 2nd, 2017, 10:37 AM
I have a shop that is trying to flash a LGH, it flashed, after several attempts, then after a successful CAL flash a dead key-no crank-no start condition.

They were able to roll back to 315, and the truck left the shop with an H&S installed until they get it back.

I am still on 309 and will not update until a RC or Public Release is out for a while and stable.

Hope that helps.

GMPX
March 2nd, 2017, 01:15 PM
It would help if we had trace files, that is the only possible way we can see what might have gone wrong :thumb_yello:
FWIW others are telling us the current release is stable and good on all platforms so it is a hard job juggling issues that might exist for some but not others.

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 3rd, 2017, 09:46 AM
The flash failed those times even with V315, when the truck returns to the shop I will provide the trace files.

Thanks.

IdahoRob
March 3rd, 2017, 11:35 AM
Just edit the build number in the download links to get the version you want/need.

Regards
Paul

Paul, how do we download version 309? I've been using this without any issues but an employee just updated to 315 and I'd like to go back to the 309 version because I don't want to update firmware on the V2 and be stuck.

Thank you,

IdahoRob
March 3rd, 2017, 12:34 PM
Paul, how do we download version 309? I've been using this without any issues but an employee just updated to 315 and I'd like to go back to the 309 version because I don't want to update firmware on the V2 and be stuck.

Thank you,

Never mind Paul, we have a saved copy of the software.

required field
March 3rd, 2017, 04:56 PM
I'm trying to open some BBX .efi log files in V8, and when opening it, I have to pick the controller, but "AEM UEGO Bank 1" isn't an option in the trans controllers section when opening the file, so I can't view the logged WBO2 PIDS. Selecting that after the fact clears the opened log file.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26689-AEM-X-Series-OBDII-Wideband-UEGO-AFR-Sensor-Controller-Gauge&p=236815&viewfull=1#post236815 <- log in this post, I'm on build 316 w/ the matching firmware.

Mitco39
March 9th, 2017, 05:28 AM
I stumbled across an issue that was introduced in the last few updates in the V7.5 Tune tool, I understand why the error is there but it used to work previously.

When running scripts on the 68RFE side of the CMD/CME trucks I am getting an error that says "Does not describe a unique calibration area/rectangle", I know this is because the axis of the table are not neatly defined (as per OEM) and you have repeats. That said the scripts used to work in old revisions before this check was implemented.

If this check has to stay for other reasons in other controllers what would be a work around to effectively make changes across different OS? For the same OS i can open side by side and copy the changes in the differences window, but different OS's mean a bunch of copy and paste which would take a considerable amount of time.

Thanks

MItch

Bdirtymax
March 9th, 2017, 07:54 AM
I stumbled across an issue that was introduced in the last few updates in the V7.5 Tune tool, I understand why the error is there but it used to work previously.

When running scripts on the 68RFE side of the CMD/CME trucks I am getting an error that says "Does not describe a unique calibration area/rectangle", I know this is because the axis of the table are not neatly defined (as per OEM) and you have repeats. That said the scripts used to work in old revisions before this check was implemented.

If this check has to stay for other reasons in other controllers what would be a work around to effectively make changes across different OS? For the same OS i can open side by side and copy the changes in the differences window, but different OS's mean a bunch of copy and paste which would take a considerable amount of time.

Thanks

MItch

I get the same message running scripts on E35B with MAF Scaling. I have to go into the scripted tune and change the MAF scaling manually after running the script.

Blacky
March 9th, 2017, 08:59 AM
I'm trying to open some BBX .efi log files in V8, and when opening it, I have to pick the controller, but "AEM UEGO Bank 1" isn't an option in the trans controllers section when opening the file, so I can't view the logged WBO2 PIDS. Selecting that after the fact clears the opened log file.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26689-AEM-X-Series-OBDII-Wideband-UEGO-AFR-Sensor-Controller-Gauge&p=236815&viewfull=1#post236815 <- log in this post, I'm on build 316 w/ the matching firmware.

Will be fixed in the next update.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 9th, 2017, 09:08 AM

Thanks

MItch
Scripts are automatically generated using col/row labels. That allows scripts to run against multiple different operating systems where the same tables were defined with different labels. Unfortunately, changing the labels' units and not displaying enough precision can sometimes lead to duplicate labels.

In the past, duplicate labels were allowed and the software simply used the first label (of any duplicates) that it found. However, that was causing some scipts to miss and/or update the wrong row/column of data.

There is no single magic solution to that problem.

If you would prefer to, you can manually edit the scripts to use a more suitable method of "finding" the rectangle to be updated:

If you are updating the entire table, then edit the script and change the rectangle definition from label values to the words: MIN,MIN,MAX,MAX which means the entire table. Obviously this only works if the table is always the same size.

If you are only updating a portion of the table but you know exactly which rows/columns need to be updated then change it to something like @5,@3,@6,@9 which means all cells between columns 5 to 6 and rows 3 to 9. The order of the values is Left,Top,Right,Bottom.

Regards
Paul

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 22nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
What V7.5 Version will work with V315 and Firmware 112 ?

Every version from 319-322 I have tried has that error and 323 goes with 316 which I am hesitant to move to from 315

I was forced to update to V8-316 and V7.5-323 to resolve the issues.

THANKS !