PDA

View Full Version : Custom OS download

PeteS
February 28th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Where do I download the custom Os's from. I've looked all over the website and the forum here....I found a lot of info on them but nothing as to where do download them from

GMPX
February 28th, 2017, 11:15 AM
For GenIII engines they are installed as part of the V7.5 package.
http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Custom%20OS%20Upgrade%20Tutorial.pdf

ScarabEpic22
February 28th, 2017, 11:42 AM
All other Custom OSs for gas or DSPx for Diesels are available as an OS upgrade within the V7.5 tune tool. You must have your FS plugged in before opening the tune to view the option to upgrade.

joecar
February 28th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Look in here (on your hard drive): C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\LS1B\Custom

correction: look in here: C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS

PeteS
March 5th, 2017, 08:01 AM
I have verified that the files are there but they are .CALZ files. The tutorial says they should be .tun files. Could this be the reason nothing shows up in the dashboard under the "Upgrade OS" tab?

ScarabEpic22
March 5th, 2017, 08:45 AM
You need to be looking at C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS for the Custom OS files.

The LS1B COS files will never be available under the Upgrade OS tab in V7.5, you have to open them from this location and follow the instructions. Read the COS LS1B Upgrade tutorial for how to determine which COS base file to use.

PeteS
March 5th, 2017, 11:00 AM
You need to be looking at C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS for the Custom OS files.

The LS1B COS files will never be available under the Upgrade OS tab in V7.5, you have to open them from this location and follow the instructions. Read the COS LS1B Upgrade tutorial for how to determine which COS base file to use.

Thanks, found it

joecar
March 9th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I have verified that the files are there but they are .CALZ files. The tutorial says they should be .tun files. Could this be the reason nothing shows up in the dashboard under the "Upgrade OS" tab?

...Erik, thanks, I stand corrected (I don't know what I was thinking).

Dcon
April 9th, 2021, 11:10 AM
I am looking too. V8 with the V3 seems different. I cant find it anywhere how to get the COS 's for my LS1B. Been searching and reading for hours now. The manual is not real clear. Not sure what this refers to. "Where custom operating systems are available, they will be located in the Navigator as a calibration segment folder. The exact location is dependent on controller type and custom operating system type." Thanks.

Dcon
April 10th, 2021, 02:03 PM
Can anyone help me find the COS files in version 8? I've been searching for hours. Tried downloading V7.5, cant find em. searched *.tun, *.calz, searched the internet, read both V8 and V7.5 tutorials, tried looking as noted above by Erik. No BINS folder can be found. im at a loss, even though im sure it is obvious. LS1b OS 12212156 COS 020200xx Thanks! Dion

Dcon
April 10th, 2021, 02:26 PM
Okay, just opened up V7.5, even though I was using V8 before. Boom!- there it was on the first screen, 02020002! Saved it to the desktop, opened V8 and i'm in the process flashing the files. we will see soon how it goes.

mustang hat'r 2
June 23rd, 2021, 02:17 AM
Okay, just opened up V7.5, even though I was using V8 before. Boom!- there it was on the first screen, 02020002! Saved it to the desktop, opened V8 and i'm in the process flashing the files. we will see soon how it goes.

How did you make out with this? I'm about to do the same and pretty nervous. Will the new OS support E85?
Thanks
Jay

Dcon
June 23rd, 2021, 08:08 AM
It did work for me with that OS and was part of the configuration. never used it though, going a different route now with a LS1 base config because the Vortec dizzy cap would not fit on my ramjet 350 , So now going 24x with 8 coils. I am about ready to try it again with my new Camaro LS1 base Configuration. I am interested now just for the valet, but ill load all of it because i may go SD in the future; I read its easier just to load all three the first time. I'm not too sure about the E85, but since GM did offer it in trucks in 2000 on, the PCM's should handle it.