PDA

View Full Version : Help with new ECM

RonnieW
March 13th, 2017, 06:18 AM
I need to replace my ECM on my 01Z06. Can an ECM from a place like NAPA, etc. be flashed with the program in my EFILive. I need to know so I can pick where to buy one, used, dealer, parts store, etc. NAPA says on there on line order page that......Vehicle Specific Flash Programming Required On Or Off The Vehicle. Accurate VIN And Mileage Are Required.

ScarabEpic22
March 13th, 2017, 06:40 AM
For the LS1B PCM, make sure you get one that is a 512kb PCM with the red/blue connectors so it will work with your vehicle. Once you have it, just put it in your car, license it with EFILive, and Full Flash your desired OS/calibration. You can configure a new or used unit for this PCM.

RonnieW
March 13th, 2017, 06:58 AM
For the LS1B PCM, make sure you get one that is a 512kb PCM with the red/blue connectors so it will work with your vehicle. Once you have it, just put it in your car, license it with EFILive, and Full Flash your desired OS/calibration. You can configure a new or used unit for this PCM.

Thanks for the info. When you say license it with EFILive, do you mean I have to use another license even though the program that I will be loading has already been licensed?