PDA

View Full Version : High Idle Feature... AGAIN!

smelonas
March 13th, 2017, 03:54 PM
So I was reading something the other day that stated if you have the dealer turn on the high idle program on a STOCK tune, that when you pull the base file from the truck and use it to write EFI tunes that the high idle will still be enabled once the EFI tunes are installed in the truck.

Is this true?

If so, or if no one has tried it, I think I might just take the plunge and have the dealer wipe my truck and turn on the high idle feature with a brand new stock tune to boot. I know HPT has this option for the 03-05 trucks and that kind of makes me envious.

If anyone can confirm this, maybe we could even just find someone who has a base file with the high idle enabled. But I guess there are several versions of the ECM software and we would have to have one of each for everyone to have access.

My truck is an 07 5.9 BTW.

Been snooping around here for a while, so I thought I would join and post up this *possible* idea of mine.

Cummins610
March 13th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Yeah it's true. Software OS doesn't really matter on the 5.9 and I'm sure most everyone is sending out the same OS to all their customers. PM me I can dig and send you a clean base tune with high idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMPX
March 13th, 2017, 05:42 PM
I have no idea how this system works, is it something the dealer turns on without needing to flash the ECM?

2007 5.9
March 14th, 2017, 01:32 AM
I have no idea how this system works, is it something the dealer turns on without needing to flash the ECM?

Apparently this feature is stored in the NVRAM. And yes it's editable within the OS.
There are several functions avail on the 03-05 tuning platform I wish we could get on the 06-09 trucks or the rest for that matter.

smelonas
March 14th, 2017, 06:23 AM
I guess I havent been on here long enough... PMs havent been turned on for me yet. My email is melonas22@gmail.com.

Thanks a ton Cummins610!

GMPX
March 14th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Apparently this feature is stored in the NVRAM. And yes it's editable within the OS.
There are several functions avail on the 03-05 tuning platform I wish we could get on the 06-09 trucks or the rest for that matter.
Functions enabled via a scantool I assume you mean? Is there any aftermarket alternative to the DRB (or whatever it is called).

KhakiCummins
March 14th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Functions enabled via a scantool I assume you mean? Is there any aftermarket alternative to the DRB (or whatever it is called).

AutoEnginuity can enable the PTO fast idle on at least the 07.5-09 trucks. Not sure about the older or later ones but I would assume that it does those as well. I would imagine that the Snap-On tool probably does it as well.

smelonas
March 14th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Yeah it's true. Software OS doesn't really matter on the 5.9 and I'm sure most everyone is sending out the same OS to all their customers. PM me I can dig and send you a clean base tune with high idle.

Ill take that offer... I cant PM you, but my email is melonas22@gmail.com

Your file is much appreciated sir!!!

Ghostman
March 15th, 2017, 07:32 AM
I have the high idle base tune for my 2006 I got off this forum. I think they are out there somewhere.

GMPX
March 15th, 2017, 09:53 AM
So I'm getting mixed messages here.

1 - The High Idle can be activated in the Tune (if the parameter is known).
2 - The High Idle can also be activated with a scantool without the need for the ECM to be flashed.

Is that correct?

Cheers,
Ross

Ghostman
March 15th, 2017, 11:49 AM
I can answer #1 and that is yes. My truck didn't have high idle. I got a stock OS from here with high idle enabled on it; or PTO idle is what it's actually called I think. I can then turn it on and off in the tune.

smelonas
March 15th, 2017, 02:22 PM
I wish I could reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotflmao:

Hey it worked! lmao!!!

Ghostman, do the tunes in the dropbox have the high idle enabled? or what?

2007 5.9
March 15th, 2017, 02:46 PM
So I'm getting mixed messages here.

1 - The High Idle can be activated in the Tune (if the parameter is known).
2 - The High Idle can also be activated with a scantool without the need for the ECM to be flashed.

Is that correct?

Cheers,
Ross

High idle can be enabled with dealer tool, then that file can be saved and will always have high idle.

If you flash the ecm after dealer tool but not before saving file, high idle is gone. Hence why I said I think it's stored in the NVRAM section of the ecm. Or so that's what I was told

GMPX
March 15th, 2017, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys that all makes sense.
Les do you know of any CalID's that come with it turned on from factory?

Ghostman
March 16th, 2017, 02:20 AM
I'm not sure about the tunes in the drop box. I have the tune if you want it. It was shared to me by someone on here I think.

2007 5.9
March 16th, 2017, 02:27 AM
Thanks guys that all makes sense.
Les do you know of any CalID's that come with it turned on from factory?

I am unaware of any that come factory equipped with high idle. 99% of the trucks that have it, have used a dealer tool to enable it. Or received it from tuners in their base file.

I'd be happy to email you a non equipped and a enabled high idle tune so you could compare and search for the ID if you wish.

tylerltr450
March 16th, 2017, 07:56 AM
We are talking about the automatic high idle correct. Not the high idle that is activated via turning on the cruise control and then hitting the accelerate button.

I thought in order to enable the manual high idle feature you needed to have a pin grounded on the ecm.

2007 5.9
March 16th, 2017, 08:00 AM
We are talking cruise control activated high idle

tylerltr450
March 16th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the clarification Les. I believe you are correct on your statement before. If that is a flash-able feature it must be stuck in NVRAM. I was always under the assumption that it was required by a grounding wire also. But i never took time to look into it really.

smelonas
March 16th, 2017, 08:16 AM
How many posts do I need to have before I get PMs?????

2007 5.9
March 16th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the clarification Les. I believe you are correct on your statement before. If that is a flash-able feature it must be stuck in NVRAM. I was always under the assumption that it was required by a grounding wire also. But i never took time to look into it really.

Ecm pin grounding is required on all manual transmission trucks for any form of cruise control activated high idle. Auto trucks do not require that, just the option enabled.

GMPX
March 16th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Then we already have the parameter, I just looked on CMB CSP OS 55352409
F1041 - "Used to Enable/Disable the PTO (Power Take Off) option. If using the plug C2, pin 38 discrete input to switch tunes then this must be set to disable."

All the tunes I checked it seems to already be set to Enabled.
Does anyone have a definitely NOT enabled tune and definitely enabled tune they could please post up?

smelonas
March 16th, 2017, 01:49 PM
I looked through a tune that was supposed to have F1041 (C.C. High Idle) and I couldnt find F1041. Will I be able to see it?

GMPX
March 16th, 2017, 03:14 PM
It seems we only added it in to CSP5 OS's

smelonas
March 16th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Got it! Thanks! :notacrook:

b00sted
August 12th, 2017, 07:51 AM
All the tunes I checked it seems to already be set to Enabled.
Does anyone have a definitely NOT enabled tune and definitely enabled tune they could please post up?

These are the best I could come up with. Stock tune vs. Stock tune + High Idle/PTO enabled + Secondary WIF sensor enabled

Would be great to get the secondary WIF sensory bits figured out as well.

1forChestypuller
January 29th, 2024, 06:09 PM
These are the best I could come up with. Stock tune vs. Stock tune + High Idle/PTO enabled + Secondary WIF sensor enabled

Would be great to get the secondary WIF sensory bits figured out as well.

Well i have efi live and flashed a stock tune and lost my high idle, mine is a 06 stick megacab cummins 4x4, do you think it will work again if i flash that tune you linked?

Thank you,
Skip