PDA

View Full Version : LBZ DSP Switch install debacle (get me a straight jacket)

TogaTim
March 17th, 2017, 03:51 PM
I'm hoping to get some insight. Found a nice LBZ and ordered the EFI Live and CTS2 setup. Followed the instructions and loaded the EFI Live then moved onto the switch. Installed and it wouldn't switch tunes, turned out I had put black wire in the wrong spot (possible root cause of issue??), got that corrected but it still wouldn't switch tunes. Ended up ordering a new switch after testing it and not being confident in the readings. Installed the new switch, still not changing tunes. It stays on the 4.68 voltage. When I call who I got it from all I get is "the switch isn't installed correctly" and that the 4.68 voltage reading indicates that the tune is loaded. I've attached pics (best I could do trying to hold the harness, balance on the bumper and snap a picture) of the wires installed and the AutoCal screens. I can get more if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm so frustrated that I'm about to say screw it and take it to someone local but I can't stand the idea of paying to install this when it isn't (shouldn't be) this difficult. Please Please Please does someone have an idea? Thank you!!

IdahoRob
March 18th, 2017, 03:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIvqsDm0f-4&index=10&list=PLChFYmYKQPRr3qhcPogvAQ2xawecczaLm
This should help.

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 18th, 2017, 03:21 AM
Did you pull the horseshoe locking connector out so teh pin full seat an lock in?

You are using the correct PIN out and connector ?

Good Luck

TogaTim
March 18th, 2017, 03:23 AM
I've watched nearly every youtube video, printed a forest of PDFs. It looks like they are in the correct spots or am I looking at it wrong?

TogaTim
March 18th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Going to go pull it all apart again, will pull the purple pin lock and push the wires in to re-ensure proper seating. Thanks for the advice. I've gotten far too good at pulling those connecters apart in the past few weeks...

KingChalk
March 18th, 2017, 04:25 AM
I'm guessing it's in the tune. How do you know it isn't switching tunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TogaTim
March 18th, 2017, 04:50 AM
It's stuck in the 4.68 v on the EFI Live (see the photo). When using the switch it doesn't change voltages, which from what I understand indicates that the tune isn't changing.

TogaTim
March 18th, 2017, 07:29 AM
SOLVED!

King Chalk was correct, it turned out the tune wasn't in. I scared the crap out of myself and did hit something on the unit (bad that I don't even recall, "read mfg key" maybe?) which put every light on the dash on I tried starting the truck and nothing so I assumed that the OEM tune was now gone. Loaded the tune back in and i took twice as long as it did when I tried the first time, and stopped periodically to "erase" and when finished I was in business. Holy cow, what a different truck, even in the "econ" #4 tune. Almost scared myself in the #5 "race" tune. I can't wait to pull my camper this summer! Thanks for feedback and insight.

KingChalk
March 18th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Haha glad you figured it out man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk