PDA

View Full Version : L99 Camaro 2010 A6 Engine Tuning

StrokedVette385
March 24th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Looking for a little help. I have a 2010 Camaro I installed long tube headers and full exhaust and K&N Intake system. I purchased and also installed a
LC-2 Inno WB AFR and Gauge. I still need to get a USB to Serial Adapter to hook it up into my laptop. So to get started I Disabled STFT,LTFT, Engine in OL, Disabled DFCO Failed the MAF and Removed the Yellow Wire. I commanded AFR to 14:3.1 and 12:5.1 For PE. The car runs like Sh!t with this setup so I reinstalled the yellow wire and have it set like that. I cleared my Fuel Trims as well. Can you tune the VVE table on an L99? I did the fuse pull as well for high octane (93). Also my wideband fluctuates a lot on the guage...doesn't seem normal to me.

Also how do I hook up the LC-2 to read in EFI scan tool? Can someone here maybe point me in the right direction. thanks.

joecar
March 24th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Are you wanting to connect the LC-2 using analog or serial...?

~Moderator~

StrokedVette385
March 24th, 2017, 06:30 AM
serial I think that's the better option I have it all setup. I have the Wideband gauge installed and reading already just want to connect it to Scantune and figure out how to use BEN

StrokedVette385
March 27th, 2017, 01:44 AM
serial I think that's the better option I have it all setup. I have the Wideband gauge installed and reading already just want to connect it to Scantune and figure out how to use BEN

I just want to know how to hook up a wideband and how to adjust my VVE tables Open and Closed for N/A setup. I want to know and understand how to use the BEN factor and adjust tables or use an auto correction for them.

joecar
March 29th, 2017, 06:23 AM
If you use analog connection:
- connect LC-2's analog signal wire (brown; check your user manual pdf) to FSV2 AD1+;
- connect LC-2's ground to FSV2 AD1-;
- log EXT.AD1, CALC.AFR_LC11 and CALC.BEN_LC11 (LC-2 is same as LC-1) or some of the newer BEN pids (see below).

If you use serial comms:
- use a null modem adapter (gender bender) to connect LC-2's serial comms port to FSV2's serial comms jack;
- log the pids EXT.WO2xxx1, and the newer BEN pids (see below).
See here: LC-2-Digital-Wideband-anyone-try-it-out (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23169-LC-2-Digital-Wideband-anyone-try-it-out)

We can edit a calc_pids.txt file to have the newer BEN pids for your wiseband and commanded fuel pid.

StrokedVette385
March 29th, 2017, 12:22 PM
If you use analog connection:
- connect LC-2's analog signal wire (brown; check your user manual pdf) to FSV2 AD1+;
- connect LC-2's ground to FSV2 AD1-;
- log EXT.AD1, CALC.AFR_LC11 and CALC.BEN_LC11 (LC-2 is same as LC-1) or some of the newer BEN pids (see below).

If you use serial comms:
- use a null modem adapter (gender bender) to connect LC-2's serial comms port to FSV2's serial comms jack;
- log the pids EXT.WO2xxx1, and the newer BEN pids (see below).
See here: LC-2-Digital-Wideband-anyone-try-it-out (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23169-LC-2-Digital-Wideband-anyone-try-it-out)

We can edit a calc_pids.txt file to have the newer BEN pids for your wiseband and commanded fuel pid.

Ok she's up and running!! Wideband reading 23-24 AFR @ idle. Kinda lean if you ask me lol Im going to attach my 2 min Log. How do we calculate the newer values?20893

joecar
March 29th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Which serial wideband did you select on your FSV2...?

joecar
March 29th, 2017, 02:49 PM
If it's really that lean it won't run at all.

StrokedVette385
March 29th, 2017, 03:01 PM
If it's really that lean it won't run at all.

I know, Its just at idle it will fluctuate on my gauge too 22 to 14 back up. it only stays 22 or so after i reset the fuel trims. I went into EFI S&T and set the serial ports and set the Wideband to EXT.WO2AFR. it reads on my Logworks too. My BEN is 1.7 but I'm confused in to terms what that actually means and how to apply it to my VVE tables, Thanks again for helping me out can't say enough

joecar
March 29th, 2017, 09:16 PM
On the FSV2 did you set Wideband type to Innnovate...?

Also log these:
EXT.WO2LAM1
EXT.WO2EQR1
EXT.WO2ST1

We'll use the calc_pids.txt file that we're working on for E38 Calc.VET.

~Moderator~

StrokedVette385
March 30th, 2017, 01:28 AM

Also log these:
EXT.WO2LAM1
EXT.WO2EQR1
EXT.WO2ST1

~Moderator~

Yes I set it to Innovative. Reads On Logworks 3 & Scan Tune and S&T. When driving it shifts to 12-14 but i dont know why at idle it hovers around 18-19-22. I have no air leaks. Also I turned DFCO off but it feels like it still on, because it will hit 22 then go back down then back up. I still have MAF working because when I failed it and pulled the yellow wire to make sure it was reading 0hz when i hit 2200 rpm the car stumbled stuttered like crazy. other then that i have set everything just like it describes in the VVT guide tuning.

StrokedVette385
March 30th, 2017, 09:03 AM

Also log these:
EXT.WO2LAM1
EXT.WO2EQR1
EXT.WO2ST1

~Moderator~

Here is a few logs from today maybe you can view em and take a look

joecar
March 31st, 2017, 12:30 PM
The pull log looks to me like you are running lean... post your tune file.

joecar
March 31st, 2017, 12:33 PM
Are you running SD (MAF-only), if so are you seeing an immediate MAF DTC...?

StrokedVette385
March 31st, 2017, 12:44 PM
Here is the Current Tune

StrokedVette385
March 31st, 2017, 12:49 PM
Right now MAF and SD are enabled bc when I Failed the MAF (and disconnected the Yellow Wire on the MAF Harness) The car ran like crap and stuttered. I even Put NO MIL for MAF. Car surged so hard I had to reconnect it.) I can Run it W/O disconnecting the wire BUT the sensor still picks up HZ

StrokedVette385
April 2nd, 2017, 06:50 AM
Right now MAF and SD are enabled bc when I Failed the MAF (and disconnected the Yellow Wire on the MAF Harness) The car ran like crap and stuttered. I even Put NO MIL for MAF. Car surged so hard I had to reconnect it.) I can Run it W/O disconnecting the wire BUT the sensor still picks up HZ

I Also wanted to ask looking at the VVE table what do the Numbers represent?? I know a old fashioned VE table # meanings but confused with the VVE

StrokedVette385
April 2nd, 2017, 11:34 AM
alright update! i failed the MAF but left the yellow wire in the plug connected. I finally got my WB reading steady at idle. stays around 20 start up and drops down to about 13.8 14.9 idle warmed up.
SO i found out how to make a BEN map on scantune an applied the avg values to the airflow IMTV open table and copy w labels and pasted with labels/multiply. after i did this i got a spike map. generated coeffs and vve and saved and uploaded and now the car goes into reduced engine power and got MAF/TPS DTCs.

joecar
April 2nd, 2017, 06:12 PM
Post files and screenshots...

are you using V7 or V8 scantool...?

StrokedVette385
April 3rd, 2017, 01:15 AM
Post files and screenshots...

are you using V7 or V8 scantool...?

I will post files later tonight when I get home, I will do another run as well. Im using V7 ScanTool not Scan & TuneV8. I set up my PIDS and Maps with BEN on Map A and Map B with AFR over MAF HZ.
Filtered out any cells less then 50 etc. Now after I avg out the BEN cells I copy them and paste/labels/multiply into my Open Table IMTV. After doing so I get a spikey looking map. I didn't edit it instead I created COeffs & VVE and it smoothed it out. I then uploaded that tune
and then the car ran like absolute crap chugging and got a message on the Dash Reduced Engine Power, surging like crazy. So I re loaded the map before I made the changes. I don't know what caused that AND Im not familiar with the smoothing out process. SOme of the DTCs included MAF and TPS errors. It looked all well and dandy just like the E38 VVE guide....

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 04:36 AM
Spikey VE is no good, something is going wrong.

StrokedVette385
April 3rd, 2017, 06:37 AM
Spikey VE is no good, something is going wrong.

Joecar, I will Post a Map With my BEN tables on it maybe you can view it along with my Tune and apply it and see what happens? :help:

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 07:24 AM
Yes, you know how to capture a screenshot ( SHIFT-PrtScr... you can use something like Greenshot to help, see getgreenshot.org )

StrokedVette385
April 3rd, 2017, 12:32 PM
Yes, you know how to capture a screenshot ( SHIFT-PrtScr... you can use something like Greenshot to help, see getgreenshot.org )

Ok well here is the Logs

StrokedVette385
April 3rd, 2017, 12:49 PM
here some screen shots

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 01:14 PM
On MAP A "BEN1_E38" goto map properties, and do this:
- on Data tab set Precision to 3;
- On Column tab checkmark Show Units (to show MAP units).
Save map properties.

Looks like you did not apply the transient filter.

Goto PIDs tab, on MAP pid go rightclick->Metric (may already be).

Also see this, it makes screenshots much easier:
getgreenshot.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9MTh2x8eh8

StrokedVette385
April 4th, 2017, 02:58 AM
On MAP A "BEN1_E38" goto map properties, and do this:
- on Data tab set Precision to 3;
- On Column tab checkmark Show Units (to show MAP units).
Save map properties.

Looks like you did not apply the transient filter.

Goto PIDs tab, on MAP pid go rightclick->Metric (may already be).

Also see this, it makes screenshots much easier:
getgreenshot.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9MTh2x8eh8

Ok so i adjusted the filters. I re did a log this morning. Now should I take the BEN factors and
Apply it to the IMTV open table paste with labels and multiply? Then what should be the next step

StrokedVette385
April 4th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Ok so i adjusted the filters. I re did a log this morning. Now should I take the BEN factors and
Apply it to the IMTV open table paste with labels and multiply? Then what should be the next step

I tried to apply the filter to my logs it won't work says something along the lines of Pid selection. Also what is the VE Imtv closed table for? Do I edit that one as well.

joecar
April 6th, 2017, 05:22 AM
Apply it to the IMTV open table paste with labels and multiply? Then what should be the next stepBefore applying the map (with paste-multiply-with-labels), post a sceenshot of it, there are some visual sanity checks we can do.

I tried to apply the filter to my logs it won't work says something along the lines of Pid selection. Also what is the VE Imtv closed table for? Do I edit that one as well.Look at what pids the filter uses, and then check to see if those have been logged... keep in mind that any calc pids can be added in at anytime.

StrokedVette385
April 7th, 2017, 01:25 AM
Before applying the map (with paste-multiply-with-labels), post a sceenshot of it, there are some visual sanity checks we can do.

Look at what pids the filter uses, and then check to see if those have been logged... keep in mind that any calc pids can be added in at anytime.

ill get back to you later with the screenshot of the Map and with it in tune tool. thanks again

StrokedVette385
April 9th, 2017, 06:11 AM
Ok will do tonight

StrokedVette385
April 9th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Ok will do tonight

Sorry didn't get the greenshot
Yet here is my log, the error and what filters I'm using.

joecar
April 9th, 2017, 02:21 PM
I've never seen that error message...

You want:
- ECT to be hotter than 170*F
- WB lambda to be less than 1.02
- TP to be changing less than 5% per 100 ms

You also want to click the low-cell-count button (to exclude cells with not enough hits).

Post your calc_pids.txt (as I'm looking at too many logs from too many people).

StrokedVette385
April 21st, 2017, 11:16 AM
I've never seen that error message...

You want:
- ECT to be hotter than 170*F
- WB lambda to be less than 1.02
- TP to be changing less than 5% per 100 ms

You also want to click the low-cell-count button (to exclude cells with not enough hits).

Post your calc_pids.txt (as I'm looking at too many logs from too many people).

ok ill look into it. how do i post a cal.pids file , where do i find it

StrokedVette385
April 21st, 2017, 11:46 AM
I fixed the error error with the filters

joecar
April 22nd, 2017, 12:44 PM
Ok, so you got it working...?

~ posted by phone ~

StrokedVette385
April 22nd, 2017, 01:01 PM
Ok, so you got it working...?

~ posted by phone ~

Filters working yes...now how can and where do
I find my calc pods file to send you

joecar
April 22nd, 2017, 06:50 PM
c:\users\you\documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt

~ posted by phone ~

StrokedVette385
April 27th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Calc Pids file attached

joecar
April 27th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Ok, your calc_pid.txt is empty... see attached, rename it to calc_pids.txt and drop it in that folder (see post #38).

Then:

drop these pids:
- E38. AFRATIO_DMA
- SAE.BARO
- CALC.BEN_E38
- CALC.BEN
- GM.CORRRCALC (I think this might be for oilers)
- GM.AFR (does not work properly on your ECM)
- EXT.DYNLAMBDA (if you're not connecting to dyno's serial comms)

add these pids:
- SAE.LAMBDA (you already have this)
- CALC.WO2BEN

Then, if you run OL:
- on the map you will now use CALC.WO2BEN instead of CALC.BEN1 or CALC.BEN1_E38.

If you run CL:
- on the map you will use CALC.SELBEN (need to also select pids CALC.LTFTBEN, CALC.TRIMMING).

You are using the wideband's serial connection, right...?

StrokedVette385
May 13th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Ok, your calc_pid.txt is empty... see attached, rename it to calc_pids.txt and drop it in that folder (see post #38).

Then:

drop these pids:
- E38. AFRATIO_DMA
- SAE.BARO
- CALC.BEN_E38
- CALC.BEN
- GM.CORRRCALC (I think this might be for oilers)
- GM.AFR (does not work properly on your ECM)
- EXT.DYNLAMBDA (if you're not connecting to dyno's serial comms)

add these pids:
- SAE.LAMBDA (you already have this)
- CALC.WO2BEN

Then, if you run OL:
- on the map you will now use CALC.WO2BEN instead of CALC.BEN1 or CALC.BEN1_E38.

If you run CL:
- on the map you will use CALC.SELBEN (need to also select pids CALC.LTFTBEN, CALC.TRIMMING).

You are using the wideband's serial connection, right...?

Yes I'm using wideband serial. I took that file, dropped it in my folder from post #38. SO now i guess i will relog and send you that file back?

StrokedVette385
May 13th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Im going to do some logs tomorrow morning. I will save them. I have all the Pics ready to go loaded. you want me to send you my calc pics file then correct? Also does anyone know a good EFI live A6 tuner for the trans? i did dome minor tweaking with a bump in line pressure and shift points MPH markers

joecar
May 14th, 2017, 12:11 PM
If you had edited your calc_pids.txt file then yes post it, otherwise if it's original then no.

For the A6 there's a thread about the torque tables.