PDA

View Full Version : Device Failed Enumeration/No Interface Cable Found

Supercharged111
March 29th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Background: Flashscan has been flawless since 2009 when I bought it, flashed and logged last night, and today configured everything for my first ever calc.vet. Go to the truck, plug in, try to connect scan software to vehicle and I get a "No Interface Cable Found" message and a giant middle finger. I google this and decide to uninstall/reinstall USB drivers per this thread.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22760-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-FlashScan-AutoCal-USB-drivers

"Remove FDTI USB Drivers" folder does not exist and neither does CDMuninstallerGUI.exe, so I go to the device manager and try to update drivers. Device manager says I have the best drivers already installed so I remove the drivers via the device manager and try to reinstall. It does not reinstall, rather it tells me I have the best drivers installed. I did go to the usbview and that's where I found the "Device Failed Enumeration" but now I'm royally stuck and royally pissed. WTF happened overnight? I fail to see how prepping for a calc.vet would interfere but I'm open to ideas before my motivation to tune fades away. Again. Equally frustrating were the typos in the calc.vet tutorial. I'm finally ready to correct my fueling but apparently fate has other plans. /rant

joecar
March 29th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Go Start->Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive USB Device Manager and uninstall the current device driver and install the older one.

~Moderator~

Supercharged111
March 30th, 2017, 02:23 AM
I have V7.5. I really don't want to deal with going to a newer version either. This laptop hasn't had the Internet for some time so I don't think it got smart and changed something on me overnight.

Supercharged111
March 30th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Flashscan says V7.5.5 build 72. How do I redo the drivers on that guy?

joecar
March 31st, 2017, 05:58 AM
I pm'd Paul.

Blacky
March 31st, 2017, 08:25 AM
I have V7.5. I really don't want to deal with going to a newer version either. This laptop hasn't had the Internet for some time so I don't think it got smart and changed something on me overnight.

What version of Windows are you running?

When you say FlashScan says V7.5.5 build 72 do you mean that's the version of the V7 software installed on your machine?

What is the firmware version on your FlashScan device? You should be able to get to that via the menu options on your FlashScan device. If Windows can't enumerate your FlashScan device then it may not power up completely, leaving the screen blank. In that case you'll need to power up FlashScan via your vehicle and check the firmware version that way.

Regards
Paul

Supercharged111
March 31st, 2017, 05:14 PM
I have Vista. The software version specified came from the help menu on my scan software via the laptop.

My desktop computer will play nice with the FlasScan device, can you poke me in the right direction to ID my firmware version? I dicked around and came up empty handed. I've contemplated running the desktop off my generator while driving so I don't blow up the FlashScan. At this point, I've deemed it to be too much work.

Supercharged111
April 2nd, 2017, 03:20 AM
When I plug it into my desktop everything lights up like normal. Plugged into the laptop it's blank like you said.

Supercharged111
April 3rd, 2017, 03:37 PM
Now the desktop won't fire it up. It was fine until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I don't see any menu options that tell me what firmware this thing is running.

Blacky
April 3rd, 2017, 03:40 PM
Now the desktop won't fire it up. It was fine until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I don't see any menu options that tell me what firmware this thing is running.

Can you connect it to a vehicle and lookup the firmware version that way?
Regardless, I think the only way you're going to get it working again is to update to the latest software and firmware version.

Regards
Paul

Supercharged111
April 3rd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Is it reverse compatible with my older non-.ctz files? I have a shitload of tunes and need the ability to revert other peoples' cars back to stock if need be or a previous tune they may have preferred. When I plugged it in and it did work with the desktop, I saw no way of it telling me what version I have. I really want to try redoing the drivers first.

Supercharged111
April 3rd, 2017, 03:56 PM
I just plugged it into my Z06 and saw nothing regarding firmware. I explored every menu option I could find.

Blacky
April 3rd, 2017, 04:01 PM
Yes it's backwardly compatible but not forward compatible. What that means is the newest software can read/open/flash all older files. However, the old software cannot read/open/flash all newer files. That only causes a problem if you are sharing tune files with third parties that are running older versions of software than you. For example if you update to the latest version and edit a tune file and send it to someone who has an older version of the software that person won't be able to read/open/flash that new file until they too update to the latest version. You will both still be able to read/open/flash all your library of older tune files.

Anyway about uninstalling/re-installing the drivers.
Make sure you have the CD that came with your FlashScan device - it will have the old drivers that you want to retain that are compatible with the old version of the V7 software that you want to keep running. We no longer have any copies of those old drivers and/or old software.

To totally un-install the drivers and to remove the driver files from the PC/laptop you'll need to download this utility:20927
Unplug all FlashScan devices form your PC.
Unzip and run the downloaded program.
Enter the following values: Vendor ID=0403, Product ID=E4A1 then click [Add]. That should add those options to the list of devices to be removed. (Note: 0403 is FTDI's (http://www.ftdichip.com/) vendor ID and E4A1 is FlashScan V2's USB product ID)
Then click [Remove Devices].
You will see a message saying "Device removed from system.", click [OK].
Close the program.

Connect FlashScan and Windows should attempt to find the drivers for it. It should not be able to find any driver files because they were just removed. You will need to tell the driver installation to search the CD for matching drivers. If Windows does not give you a chance to browse for driver files, you will need to use Windows Device Manager to update/install the device driver files from the CD. Press the shortcut key: Windows+Pause/Break to bring up the System Properties window, from there navigate to "Device Manager" and expand the USB Devices branch:

Right click on "EFILive FlashScan V2" and select "Update Driver Software...". Browse to the CD where the driver files are.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 3rd, 2017, 04:06 PM
I just plugged it into my Z06 and saw nothing regarding firmware. I explored every menu option I could find.

The firmware must be so old that it was before the "Display Firmware Version" option was added to the menu.
Regards
Paul

Supercharged111
April 3rd, 2017, 04:09 PM
I can believe that. Thanks so much for the driver install walk through.