PDA

View Full Version : Were are all the Ben factros and calc pids for E67s? I'm so lost on logging

04colyZQ8
April 1st, 2017, 10:08 AM
I'm switching over from Hp tuners to efi live... so lost I have done some tuning but only with hp tuners logs, as I cannot get efi logs figured out. I can't seem to copy from Hp tuners afr/ve error to efi, and have to do it manually such a pain. I have my wide band setup through the a/c port, with hp tuners, can this be done with EFI live, I can't find my screw in cable for the efi V2, and what a pain, I'd have to have that plug dangling around with exposed screw terminals? But I guess I'l have to buy a new plug. Unless I can log through the a/c, using efi live?

I the mean time, I'd rather just use STFT=LTFT to tune idle, part throttle VE, and maf. I have the SD tune figured out np, I'll just re-enable my LTFT, and STFT, fail the maf, and start logging

trouble is logging how, do I find ben factor VVE E67 verses STFT=LTFT? and how do I apply filters for ect, throttle, and such?

Tre-Cool
April 2nd, 2017, 02:52 AM
Take a look at the included AutoVE Tuning Tutorial included with the software. from the editor go to help --- tutorials.

In that document I give a couple examples on how to create custom pids, which is what your going to need to do so you can create maps/charts for your wideband afr/lambda & subsequent BEN factor.

If you have tied into your a/c port then you going to need to log that specific 0-5v pid and reference that in your new "custom pid".

to get you going something like this should help to get your wideband voltages into an working afr.

*CLC-00-007
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "{GM.ACP}*2+10"
lambda 0.5 1.5 .4 "{CALC.AFR_ACP}/14.68"

CALC.AFR_ACP F001 CLC-00-007 "AFR,lambda,V" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AFR ACP"

04colyZQ8
April 2nd, 2017, 07:30 AM
Take a look at the included AutoVE Tuning Tutorial included with the software. from the editor go to help --- tutorials.

In that document I give a couple examples on how to create custom pids, which is what your going to need to do so you can create maps/charts for your wideband afr/lambda & subsequent BEN factor.

If you have tied into your a/c port then you going to need to log that specific 0-5v pid and reference that in your new "custom pid".

to get you going something like this should help to get your wideband voltages into an working afr.

*CLC-00-007
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "{GM.ACP}*2+10"
lambda 0.5 1.5 .4 "{CALC.AFR_ACP}/14.68"

CALC.AFR_ACP F001 CLC-00-007 "AFR,lambda,V" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AFR ACP"

oh sweet thanks! Your a life saver I'm going to give it a try. Can I log it through the brake booster 0-5volt sensor?

I was told I should use LTFT+STFT is that in that same folder? I will however use my wideband for PE, and WOT.

Also I have a NGK/AFX wide band if that helps

04colyZQ8
April 2nd, 2017, 08:17 AM
Help???????????? What is this how do I edit it? for my NGKAFX,and create a ben factor for my LTFT+STFT

# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"

# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

04colyZQ8
April 2nd, 2017, 08:20 AM
Feel like I need a degree in computer programming to use efi live:( certainly not as user friendly as hp tuners. But, I do overall like EFI better, so I got to force myself to learn this, I'll do my best

Is there no sticky on how to do this, or repository with other peoples pids, and bens? Surely I'm no the only one with a NGK/AFX, and surely others have E67 that they want to use a ben mao, and PID for LTFT+STFT why do we each have to write our own??

04colyZQ8
April 2nd, 2017, 09:35 AM
I feel like this is getting close? I downloaded it from here and changed anything that said E38, to E67 and I changed 20 to 16 since the max on mine is 16

Now how do I tell if this is setup for ac port?

# File details
# ------------
#

*FILE

#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------

# Units
# -------------------

*UNITS

#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"

*CLC-00-000
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_PLX1.AFR}/{E67.AFRATIO_DMA}

*CLC-00-001
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "1+((({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/2)/100)

*CLC-00-002
factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "1+((({SAE.SHRTFT1}+{SAE.SHRTFT2})/2)/100)

#
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*CLC-00-003
AFR 9.0 16.00 .1 "{(EXT.AD1-.5)*2.75+9"

#
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.BEN_E67_PLX1 F600 CLC-00-000 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - PLX"
CALC.BEN_E67_LTFT F601 CLC-00-001 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - LTFT"
CALC.BEN_E67_STFT F602 CLC-00-002 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - STFT"
CALC.NTK_AFX_AFR F603 CLC-00-003 AFR Fuel "Wide Band AFR"

04colyZQ8
April 2nd, 2017, 10:43 AM
How does this look? with my hpt setup I had 9.03 instead of 9 to account for a voltage offset

# File details
# ------------
#

*FILE

# Units
# -------------------

*UNITS

None None "" "No units"

*CLC-00-000

*CLC-00-001

*CLC-00-002

#

*CLC-00-003
AFR 9.0 16.00 .1 "{(CALC.ACPS)*1.4+9.03"

#

CALC.BEN_E67_PLX1 F600 CLC-00-000 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - PLX"
CALC.BEN_E67_LTFT F601 CLC-00-001 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - LTFT"
CALC.BEN_E67_STFT F602 CLC-00-002 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - STFT"

04colyZQ8
April 2nd, 2017, 11:11 AM
OK this seems to work?? I think now how to link it to a Ve map?

# File details
# ------------
#

*FILE

# Units
# -------------------

*UNITS

None None "" "No units"

*CLC-00-000

*CLC-00-001

*CLC-00-002

#

*CLC-00-003
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
AFR 9.0 16.00 .2 "{GM.ACP}*1.4+9.03"

#

04colyZQ8
April 2nd, 2017, 01:30 PM
I give up!!!! Ok so filled with anger and frustration

How in the hell do you set up a map?? I have my rows and columns setup but what do log for data? Don't I need a afr error?? Like I would have in hp tuners?

I'm so close to saying f*ck it and go by another credit for hpt so I can tune this damn thing!

If I could only copy from my hp tuners histogram to efi it would work, bypas this efi scanner that is impossible for me to learn, without a great deal of help

Please someone save me from hpt, I really want to use efi please !

Tre-Cool
April 2nd, 2017, 03:27 PM
I would give up using the e67 afr. You should just use the sae.lambda pid for commanded fueling.

I also don't understand why your trying to log stft/ltft if you want to use a BEN pid. You want to be in full open loop when making changes to your VVE or MAF scale.

joecar
April 2nd, 2017, 06:19 PM
Let's take one step at a time...

attach your calc_pids.txt file here.

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 02:34 AM
I would give up using the e67 afr. You should just use the sae.lambda pid for commanded fueling.

I also don't understand why your trying to log stft/ltft if you want to use a BEN pid. You want to be in full open loop when making changes to your VVE or MAF scale.

Yes, I reenabled the trims to use them instead of the wide band was told narrow bands were more acrraute at part to mid throttle. Ltft1+stft2+stft1+stft2/200+1. Is the formula I want then use wide band for upper maf hz and pe

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 04:40 AM
Here is my calc_pids file, Before I did a last ditch change to hpt formula.

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 05:13 AM
Use SAE.LAMBDA instead of E67.AFRATIO.

See my reply in your other thread: Were-do-I-find-Ben-factor-LTFT-or-any-ben-factor-I-don-t-see-any-ben-in-my-pids (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27546-Were-do-I-find-Ben-factor-LTFT-or-any-ben-factor-I-don-t-see-any-ben-in-my-pids)

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 05:13 AM
ok I think I'm close with all these just needs some tweaks guys, here is mi pids, map, and latest calc_pids file. getting a red x through BEN_PLX1_E67 i need to have someone create a ben_ngk_afx_e67 maybe??? confused I still have no clue how to do the LTFT+STFT/200+1

rename to .map

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 05:17 AM
2091220915Ok, give me a few mins to integrate your STFT pid.

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 05:21 AM
ok thanks, btw i cant get speedo to show on the scanner? pid is selected and valid??

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 05:57 AM
Sae.vss...?

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 06:19 AM
Yeah pretty sure it's selected? You can see my pids

Maybe it's because it's a manual trans? Factory 07 ctsv manual os, so it should work, trucks speedo works, hp tuners scanner picks up the speed, even showed speed all the way up to 227km/hr (private road of course;)

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 07:11 AM
Post your tune file... SAE.VSS should show up.

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 07:21 AM
...? confused I still have no clue how to do the LTFT+STFT/200+1

which of the following do you need:

(LTFT1+STFT1)/200 + 1
(LTFT2+STFT2)/200 + 1
(LTFT1+LTFT2+STFT1+STFT2)/400 + 1