PDA

View Full Version : Were do I find Ben factor LTFT ?? or any ben factor I don't see any ben in my pids

04colyZQ8
April 1st, 2017, 10:04 AM
So frustrated right now.. I want to go back to hp tuners, Why do I not have any Ben in my pids?and how do I apply them to my maps? I modified a E38 map what had ve vs kpa, to look like the Ve in my E67 table how do I link that to STFT1+STFT2+LTFT1+LTFT2/200+1

joecar
April 2nd, 2017, 04:50 PM
Which wideband are you using, and are you connecting using analog or serial comms...?

joecar
April 2nd, 2017, 04:52 PM
Have a look at this, it goes in C:\users\<you>\Documents\EFILIve\V7.5\User Configuration

and it has to be renamed to calc_pids.txt

it will need some editing to suit your needs.

PM me you phone number.

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 01:21 AM
Which wideband are you using, and are you connecting using analog or serial comms...?

Have a look at this, it goes in C:\users\<you>\Documents\EFILIve\V7.5\User Configuration

and it has to be renamed to calc_pids.txt

It will need some editing to suit your needs.

PM me you phone number.

I'm using a Ngk afx wide band 9-16 hi/lo 0-5volt through the a/c port! I got it working and reading perfectly yesterday after only spending 2 hours with the user calc.txt file.

But after more then 5hrs off frustration I gave up on trying to link my ve map to the calc file. I get it loggging but it shoes my wide band in each ve cell, multiyplying that 14-16.00 afr is going to really muck up my ve table! I tired deviding the commanded afr/wide band, and using a hp tuners formula they all wide up with high numbers in my ve, 12-16 range. I want an afr errror in my ve cells -6 to pos 6. Right? Then I can copy paste multiply by 50%. This is what I know from hpt? It shouldn't be so damn complicated:( I'll post up my map, and calc files and pid files later on today!

Pm sent

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 01:25 AM
Also I prefer to use my narrow bands for part throttle and mid, wide band for pe, and upper map hertz, I want to use the ltft+stft/200+1 as recommended by a friend. But I can't create that formula to do what I want, that is to give me a afr error right?

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 04:06 AM
I'm using a Ngk afx wide band 9-16 hi/lo 0-5volt through the a/c port! I got it working and reading perfectly yesterday after only spending 2 hours with the user calc.txt file.So you can read the wideband voltage thru the pid GM.ACP...?

See attached pdf, is this the same as you NGK AFX...?

If so then see attached calc_pids.txt... you will use the pid CALC.WO2BEN (which uses the pids SAE.LAMBDA and CALC.WB.LAM).

But after more then 5hrs off frustration I gave up on trying to link my ve map to the calc file. I get it loggging but it shoes my wide band in each ve cell, multiyplying that 14-16.00 afr is going to really muck up my ve table! I tired deviding the commanded afr/wide band, and using a hp tuners formula they all wide up with high numbers in my ve, 12-16 range. I want an afr errror in my ve cells -6 to pos 6. Right? Then I can copy paste multiply by 50%. This is what I know from hpt? It shouldn't be so damn complicated:( I'll post up my map, and calc files and pid files later on today!

Pm sentI need to see the log file, tune file, and some screenshots to see what went wrong.

Also I prefer to use my narrow bands for part throttle and mid, wide band for pe, and upper map hertz, I want to use the ltft+stft/200+1 as recommended by a friend. But I can't create that formula to do what I want, that is to give me a afr error right?See attached calc_pids.txt... the pid CALC.SELBEN does exactly what you want (LTFT's for PT, WB for WOT/PE).

Are you sure you want LTFT+STFT...? If so, you can add a pid for this and edit the SELBEN pid to use this instead of LTFTBEN (do you want me to do it for you...?)

BTW: calc_pids.txt file needs at least 2 blank lines at its end.

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 04:14 AM
Do you want a BEN based on which of the following:
(LTFT1+STFT1)/2
(LTFT1+LTFT2+STFT1+STFT2)/4

edit:
Or:
(STFT1+STFT2)/2

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 06:17 AM
See attached calc_pids.txt

edit CLC-00-160 to use CALC.LTFTBEN or CALC.STFTBEN... or we can make additional LTFT+STFT pids as you require.

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 10:25 AM
Not sure joe whatever you recommend? I have a friend that uses efi he swears by ltft1+ltft2+stdt1+stft2/200+1. Does that make any sense?? If not I'll go with what ever you recommend since your helping me. And will this populate my ve map, to somehow copy paste to my ve table? Paste multiply or some paste multiply by 50%?

joecar
April 3rd, 2017, 12:07 PM
I think LTFT is better (LTFT is the smoothed/average trend of the STFT)... so use the calc_pids.txt as is.

( I meant to call you today, I got bogged down in too much stuff... )

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 02:48 PM
Ok, so long term trims will come on right away? They usually seem delayed? And using ltft, I should turn on stft, and ltft, then disable the maf, and decel cat protection, as normal.

Now I still need some kind of map and Ben for ltft verses ve don't I?

Then I'll need a Ben and map for maf lo, maf hi. After I get the ve dialed in.

I still want to use my wide band for upper maf, and pe right? And I don't mind logging it all the time just to get a feel for were my trims are heading to.

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 03:09 PM
So you can read the wideband voltage thru the pid GM.ACP...?

See attached pdf, is this the same as you NGK AFX...?

If so then see attached calc_pids.txt... you will use the pid CALC.WO2BEN (which uses the pids SAE.LAMBDA and CALC.WB.LAM).

I need to see the log file, tune file, and some screenshots to see what went wrong.

See attached calc_pids.txt... the pid CALC.SELBEN does exactly what you want (LTFT's for PT, WB for WOT/PE).

Are you sure you want LTFT+STFT...? If so, you can add a pid for this and edit the SELBEN pid to use this instead of LTFTBEN (do you want me to do it for you...?)

BTW: calc_pids.txt file needs at least 2 blank lines at its end.

http://www.bmotorsports.com/download/products/o2/AFX_Tuning_Manual_REV_06.pdf

This is mine, sorry I was working a long shift today. Just got off work, thanks for going out of your way, to help Joe:) I'll buy you a good dinner and beer, if you come to visit Vancouver BC someday!!

Still reading through all your info, and downloading the updates is slow do to the hotel wifi, I'll be back in Vancouver tomorrow evening, but still I can play around on my note book at the hotel.

Yeah the GM.ACP was working and was accurate through the a/c port via the voltage offset, I might move it back to the brake booster pcm signal, but I can easily change .acp to the booster later.

9.0 16.00 .2 "{GM.ACP}*1.4+9.03"

reading through the manual I think I have this setup correctly? I had "{GM.ACP}*1.4+9" but at 16AFR on the gauge the log didn't match, little bit of match later and it now matched at "{GM.ACP}*1.4+9.03"

"See attached calc_pids.txt... the pid CALC.SELBEN does exactly what you want (LTFT's for PT, WB for WOT/PE)." perfect that's probably perfect, any advantage or disadvantage to using STFT, as well?

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 03:27 PM
whats the difference between the last two calc_pids you sent? Looks good to me, except:
*CLC-00-080
V 0.0 5.0 .2 "{GM.ACP}"
AFR 9.0 16.0 .2 "{CALC.WB.V}*1.4+9"
LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.WB.AFR}/14.55"
EQR 0.5 1.5 .3 "1/{CALC.WB.LAM}"

should become this:

*CLC-00-080
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
AFR 9.0 16.0 .2 "{CALC.WB.V}*1.4+9.03"
LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.WB.AFR}/14.57"

I think according to my manual, and my earlier voltage offset?

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 04:18 PM
Ok Joe how do these look? I'm getting a few red x through some pids, is that map correct?

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 04:40 PM
here is a screen shot

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 04:51 PM
Does anyone have a E67/E38 maf hi lo, map? I cant copy the lables from the editor to th scanner

04colyZQ8
April 3rd, 2017, 05:24 PM
my custom map for maf, hi, lo created from hp tuners editor copied col axis, and by hand removed the extra comma on each one..fingers tired now lol:( will these work?

ScarabEpic22
April 4th, 2017, 05:50 AM
You're in Vancouver huh, good to know. I'm in Seattle and find myself up that way a few times a year. I'll drop you a PM when I'm heading up that way next if you ever want to meet up!

joecar
April 6th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Ok, so long term trims will come on right away? They usually seem delayed? And using ltft, I should turn on stft, and ltft, then disable the maf, and decel cat protection, as normal.

Now I still need some kind of map and Ben for ltft verses ve don't I?

Then I'll need a Ben and map for maf lo, maf hi. After I get the ve dialed in.

I still want to use my wide band for upper maf, and pe right? And I don't mind logging it all the time just to get a feel for were my trims are heading to.
Trims will come into effect as soon at the CL warmup temperature is reached.

Yes, enable CL/LTFT/STFT (just like stock), disable the MAF (make sure a MAF DTC shows up immediately), disable DFCO and COTP.

Yes, use CALC.LTFTBEN for the map (i.e. on the map properties Data tab).

Yes, use wideband for upper MAF (you will have to enable MAF and disable VE for this) and PE.

The pid CALC.SELBEN dynamically selects CALC.LTFTBEN during CL (see CALC.TRIMMING) and selects CALC.WO2BEN during non CL.

whats the difference between the last two calc_pids you sent? Looks good to me, except:

should become this:

*CLC-00-080
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
AFR 9.0 16.0 .2 "{CALC.WB.V}*1.4+9.03"
LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.WB.AFR}/14.57"

I think according to my manual, and my earlier voltage offset?Yes, that's ok, you can edit the calc_pids.txt file.

Ok Joe how do these look? I'm getting a few red x through some pids, is that map correct?I haven't had a chance to look yet, but I will shortly.

joecar
April 6th, 2017, 04:47 AM
here is a screen shotThe calc pid with the red X: on this pid go rightclick->More Info to see which other pids need to be selected.

The other pids with red X: try this: go Info->Validate Pids and see if the red X's go away... otherwise they are the wrong pids for this ECM, or are not supported by this ECM.

joecar
April 6th, 2017, 04:49 AM
my custom map for maf, hi, lo created from hp tuners editor copied col axis, and by hand removed the extra comma on each one..fingers tired now lol:( will these work?

20934Can you post screenshots of these maps.

04colyZQ8
April 6th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Yes hopefully later but the truck isn't driveable I put the ls2 silverblade tb on it and is it won't idle you touch the gas and the rpm stays up around 1500-2000,and won't come down causing it to over heat on idle, and high iat temps

I can't for the life of me get the idle to stay at 600rpm? Any clue I tried adding 8% to the ve to richen it up and tried removing 2 from idle minum air flow 1200 rpm and under, still so lean when idle hangs it's 18% to lean

04colyZQ8
April 6th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Fixed the idle took 3.5 out of the entire base running airflow table

04colyZQ8
April 6th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Here is my log, and pids that match the log

joecar
April 7th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Here is my log, and pids that match the log

20955I'll look at it later...

can you also include your calc_pids.txt in case you've edited it from what I have.

joecar
April 7th, 2017, 11:43 AM
This is E38/E67 related so it would be better if I moved it to Gen IV section...

joecar
April 7th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Let's get rid of this pid, it's not working properly:
- E38.AFRATIO_DMA

You want to include these:
- GM.ETCTP
- GM.SPARKADV
- GM.KR

joecar
April 7th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Looks like a fairly stable idle log.

04colyZQ8
April 7th, 2017, 01:22 PM
It's the last calc pid I posted should still be the same just lost power so I can't post it! Ok I'll make those changes it's not idling that bad after I subtracted 3.5 from the base running air flow, still try's to run away now and again, pcm sets timming to 2-5 degrees trying to stop it from idling high.

That log tut trims were 5-10% off so that map ve table still isn't right? 1.0365 it read the hole time? It should be fluctuating more? And what is that value selben in the ve percent? Do I times my ve table by that? 1.0365 won't change much? It shout be more like 10.0365 maybe?

Still so confused

joecar
April 8th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Are you running from MAF or VE...?

Don't use VE%, use VE v*K/kPa...

Yes, paste-multiply-with labels SELBEN into the VE, but only if it looks sensible...

I meant to call you ladt week but I had too many "emergencies" at work...

I'll call you on Monday.

:)

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

joecar
April 8th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Have a read of post #1 of the Calc.VET thread (for LS1)... we''re adapting that material to work with E38/E67... but you can also use so/e of the concepts fot straight VE or straight MAF tuning.

~ by phone ~