PDA

View Full Version : cant change Park neutral rev limiter

Gmarine
April 4th, 2017, 08:09 AM
I am working on a stand alone engine without a transmission as I am trying to use the engine in a boat. I have reset the P/N limiter to 6500 rpm but ecm is continuing to limit engine RPM to 4000. any thoughts on what I may be Missing. I have downloaded calibration after a full flash and it appears rev limiter should be changed.

Gmarine
April 10th, 2017, 06:41 AM
here is my response from EFI live! I spent good money on there software because they supposedly supported the engine I am trying to use and HP tuner dose not.. I have been using HP tuner for years to program LS engines so I am not brand new to ECM programming. I feel I have been a little jaded by EFI live. here is there response to the ticket I opened with them.

EFILive does not professionally tune vehicles, so we are not able to provide tuning assistance or support sorry. At a very quick look at does seem you have changed the necessary tables. You may need to contact your dealer or other professional tuner for assistance. Or perhaps post on our community forum (https://forum.efilive.com/) and other customers may be able to help.

if they cannot support there software why are they selling it?

Eng.LSX
April 11th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Try to max out B7015 , though i'm not sure if it help .

ProperTuningOG
April 12th, 2017, 03:34 AM
Its the Default Trans TQ Limit getting you. When TCM comms are lost from an auto vehicle there is a 4k rpm limit. I do not know if EFI has that table, I know its not in the E38 offering.

GabrielMga
April 12th, 2017, 06:05 AM
here is my response from EFI live! I spent good money on there software because they supposedly supported the engine I am trying to use and HP tuner dose not.. I have been using HP tuner for years to program LS engines so I am not brand new to ECM programming. I feel I have been a little jaded by EFI live. here is there response to the ticket I opened with them.

EFILive does not professionally tune vehicles, so we are not able to provide tuning assistance or support sorry. At a very quick look at does seem you have changed the necessary tables. You may need to contact your dealer or other professional tuner for assistance. Or perhaps post on our community forum (https://forum.efilive.com/) and other customers may be able to help.

if they cannot support there software why are they selling it?

Man, they don't make tune files for power, rpm limiter.
They provide reading/writing tool and tables just.
Their answer is ok...