PDA

View Full Version : Flex Fuel Foruth-Gen Camaro Ethanol Sensor PID

ChaseChris8
April 8th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Hey guys,

New to EFI Live so pardon me if I'm asking a dumb question. I am in the process of converting a fourth-gen Camaro to flex fuel. It's an 02. Basically, we installed the OS out of a flex fuel Tahoe with the 411 computer--12216125. We have the flex fuel sensor wired in correctly, we know this since it's outputting to an AEM wideband fail safe gauge. The flex fuel sensor is split to pin 56 on the blue connector to the ecm. So the computer should have input from the flex fuel sensor. However, when we go to log the flex fuel sensor in a custom dash, the PID is either not available or labeled as something I don't recognize. Am I missing something here? And help would be great. We want to make sure we are getting signal from the flex fuel sensor to the ecm before we dump ethanol in it.

Thanks in advance.

joecar
April 8th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Is there any setting for FF in table G1207...?

( I don't remember seeing one )

~ by phone ~

ChaseChris8
April 9th, 2017, 03:19 AM
Not sure about that but we finally got it to show up after validating our PIDs. Problem solved. Thanks!

joecar
April 9th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Validated pids :cheers:

Which pid are you logging...?

joecar
April 9th, 2017, 02:15 PM
It's an 02. Basically, we installed the OS out of a flex fuel Tahoe with the 411 computer--12216125.
The flex fuel sensor is split to pin 56 on the blue connector to the ecm.
...Is the donor vehicle a 2002 Tahoe...?

Did you get just the FF sensor, or just the PCM and OS from this vehicle...?

ChaseChris8
April 9th, 2017, 03:03 PM
The vehicle is a 2002 Camaro SS that we are converting to flex fuel. So we are using the operating system out of the Tahoe, that's all. Flex fuel sensor was sourced separately and we are using the Camaro's stock computer.

However, we are running into some interesting problems https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?27571-FIC-Injector-Data-Randomly-Shifts. The BCM seems to not be allowing communication either as the 6 speed manual won't allow me to shift into reverse and we have a constant "Service Vehicle" light on (not to be confused with a SES).

joecar
April 10th, 2017, 04:37 AM
What year is the Tahoe...?

What year/model/vehicle is the FF sensor from...?

ChaseChris8
April 10th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Tahoe operating system is from a 2002. As I mentioned before, no parts were used from the Tahoe. Just the OS. The flex fuel sensor is from AEM.

ScarabEpic22
April 10th, 2017, 07:07 AM
The base platform is different as it's a F-Body with a GMT800 platform tune. Not sure how to get around this, have you played with the G1207 settings to see if it works? You'll need to do a segment swap to a 6MT trans to make it work properly, dont know if you've done that or not.

If the AEM sensor is the same one as the factory GM ones, you should be ok.

ChaseChris8
April 11th, 2017, 03:24 AM
Yeah, I don't think we'll be able to get it to work. I did check in the setting in G1207 and there isn't anything in there that really helped. I think the segment swap is what really screws us. Since there is no comparable file with a 6-speed, there is no way to do the trans segment swap--at least not as far as I know. Looks like we'll just be doing an E85 tune on the stock 12212156 OS. And yes, the AEM sensor has their brand on it but a GM part number on the back.

ScarabEpic22
April 11th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Good to know about the AEM p/n.

Dang about the FF ability, I searched a bit yesterday and it seems only the 02 Tahoe/Yukon w/FF enabled had that OS. Other 02 Tahoe/Yukons that were not FF had the regular OS shared with the Camaro/Vette/etc. I've heard of it possibly being doable by disabling all of the trans parameters and 0'ing out Abuse stuff in the trans section, but I have no verification or knowledge on it.

ChaseChris8
April 11th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Yeah we tried doing all that, no dice. Unfortunate because it would have been really cool. We got it up and running on E85, but I still really want the flex fuel capabilities. Guess I'll have to take the plunge and upgrade to the P59 ECM. I just don't want to lose features like cruise control and A/C.

Aint Skeered
August 1st, 2019, 01:27 PM
Yeah we tried doing all that, no dice. Unfortunate because it would have been really cool. We got it up and running on E85, but I still really want the flex fuel capabilities. Guess I'll have to take the plunge and upgrade to the P59 ECM. I just don't want to lose features like cruise control and A/C.
I am doing this same thing but haven't been able to find the tune file on line for the 02 ff Tahoe.
Could you post what you have so I can build from a stock Tahoe file? Thanks