PDA

View Full Version : 2005 LLY No SRT's are enabled? Wont Pass SMOG California

blades11b
April 12th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Hoping to get some help regarding an issue im having with an LLY. I typically get quite a few trucks in my shop (in southern california) that wont pass smog because they have had an after market tuner used on them and even though they were set back to "stock" the readiness monitors still wouldn't enable. Heres the weird issue im having with a 2005 LLY. ive flashed the vehicle with GM's SPS software back to stock and still when I look at it the readiness monitors are almost all set to "not supported" does anyone have an idea? attached is the pictures of what it looks like and the OS

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 12th, 2017, 11:07 AM
maybe it has to actually run for a while, I know there are some issues with gasser when resetting an ecm the VW as an example need a period of time to either run a test or complete a test to obtain that readiness status, its a method to prevent a cheated test by resetting an ecm that may not recode again until some other event happens.

Not sure how the ecm is actually reporting the bits on or off to the scan tool.

Road
April 12th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Hoping to get some help regarding an issue im having with an LLY. I typically get quite a few trucks in my shop (in southern california) that wont pass smog because they have had an after market tuner used on them and even though they were set back to "stock" the readiness monitors still wouldn't enable. Heres the weird issue im having with a 2005 LLY. ive flashed the vehicle with GM's SPS software back to stock and still when I look at it the readiness monitors are almost all set to "not supported" does anyone have an idea? attached is the pictures of what it looks like and the OS
Most if not all of those test are not supported because they are test in reference to a gas motor. I don't know much about California emissions but I would thing the not supported would be ignored when testing.

killerbee
April 16th, 2017, 02:18 AM
Please be more detailed about the failure specifics. I guess you are saying they are failing at the obd plug in??? And NOT opacity?

djv86
May 24th, 2017, 02:03 AM
You flashing them back to stock with a v2? Or dealer equipment ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djv86
May 24th, 2017, 02:03 AM
And a new thing recently came out if the smog machine realizes invalid data from vehicle it must be sent to referee.

LB72004
May 24th, 2017, 05:44 AM
That certainly is odd. You should have misfire, comprehensive component and egr supported.

djv86
May 24th, 2017, 05:53 AM
By building the vehicle on tis2web. It's a federal vehicle. Are they running it on the smog machine as a cali vehicle ?

LB72004
May 24th, 2017, 06:56 AM
I didn't think there was a federal version of the LLY. Regardless it should have at least the misfire and comprehensive components even if it doesn't have an egr

djv86
May 24th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Reguardless what monitors are or are not on the vehicle. I'm just asking if the smog tech selected it as a federal vehicle or California vehicle. I'm a smog tech myself and the other smog guy at my shop smogged a diesel which was a federal truck as a California truck and the smog machine wouldn't communicate

djv86
May 24th, 2017, 07:24 AM
And the one we messed with was a 04 lly. I'm not familiar enough about the lly to argue your post about what monitors it should have. I was just saying double check it's being smogged as a "federal" truck being I saw 2-3 RPOs in the vehicle build to designate it's a federal truck. Either way curious to hear the final outcome

LB72004
May 24th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Good point. Didn't think about the smog machine not even communicating. Wonder why the efilive software doesn't show anything ether. Maybe the same issue? Wrong os loaded?

djv86
May 24th, 2017, 11:06 AM
This truck we had here was never tuned ever and the wrong selection was made on the machine and it didn't like it. But smog tech selected California when it was a federal truck

TFZ_Z06
May 27th, 2017, 07:39 AM

Try flashing the OS and CAL to the PCM w/EFI Live. No telling which OS was on there w/those tuners.