PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 switch issues

Scubbasteve1415
April 13th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Recently tuned my truck with autocal from ridgerunner diesel performance. Everything was great for the first few days and today I realized my race tune(100hp) has gone soft, and has no pep at all feels like it's stock. When I hook my autocal up and I view the dsp5 position when at position 1 it reads no dsp5 but and position 2 it reads dsp5 1. And all the way up to position 5 it says dsp5 4. The weird thing is that my 5th tune is a valet no start, when in position 5 my autocal reads dsp5 4 but it's till my 5th tune the valet no start. Just super confused as to how I lost tune#1 over night but all others are still fine. Has anyone else had a similar situation or know a possible cause or fix?

2006 Chevy Silverado
ext cab long bed
Lbz duramax
Egr delete
S&in cold air intake
5in downpipe back magnaflow straight pipe
8 inch tip
3in magnaflow downpipe
Lockable dsp5switch

Road
April 13th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a issue with the switch. There may be a button on the back of the switch that will put it in test mode and you can check the switch that way. Also make sure you grounded the switch to the ecm and not a chassis ground.

t.ashton
April 13th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Check your wiring for the switch, including the pin at the ecm plug. It sounds just like a default reversion tune it goes back to

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Scubbasteve1415
April 14th, 2017, 05:27 AM
It's grounded to the ecm not the chassis. I was thinking it may be the switch but don't have another one to check it with. I'll pull the switch and check the back. I just think it's weird that if it's the wires that only one tune is messed up but all the rest are fine.

t.ashton
April 14th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Pull the switch and check the resistance values

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Scubbasteve1415
April 14th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Do you happen to know what they should be?

t.ashton
April 15th, 2017, 03:51 AM
As long as they are all different. Or you can take the switch apart and look at the band codes on the resistors themselves