PDA

View Full Version : April 2017, Beta Release 2

Blacky
April 18th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.10.326_Beta.exe) (Updated to build 326 on April 21 to fix issue #4)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.5.318_Beta.exe)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE

We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_318.htm)

Key Features:

[*=1]Added extended descriptions for encoded PID values for most PIDs.
[*=1]Fixed Cummins "Fast CAN" mode for CMD/CME controllers.
[*=1]Fixed "Save As..." option so that it correctly defaults to the file's original folder.
[*=1]Fixed V8 pass-thru scanning not working on VPW based controllers.
[*=1]Fixed signed bitmask definitions in *.cax files (fixed in build 326).

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10 Build 326 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5 Build 318 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.115 (Apr 18, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:
None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.

Workaround:
EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
The FPRACOM and FPRADES PIDs are not being handled correctly by the V7 scan tool software. If you include those PIDs in a V7 data log it may appear that multiple PIDs in the log file are corrupt.

Workaround:
Don't select those PIDs when logging LBZ/LMM using V7 or BBL.
If you already have a log file with those PIDs in it that appears to be corrupt, try opening the log file in V8 to automatically strip out those two PIDs.

Issue #4:
Defining a bitmask on a signed negative value in a *.cax file definition causes the tune file to fail to load.

Workaround:
Update to V7.5.10 Build 326.

BlackCPG
April 20th, 2017, 07:19 AM
With a bitmask applied to a 32b signed value, the tune tool will fail to load the tune. If the value is defined as unsigned, it will load the tune properly.

Blacky
April 20th, 2017, 08:56 AM
With a bitmask applied to a 32b signed value, the tune tool will fail to load the tune. If the value is defined as unsigned, it will load the tune properly.

Can you send me an example tune file and cax that fails to load?
I've tried a signed 32 bit value with a 16 bit mask and it loades fine here :(

Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 20th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Can you send me an example tune file and cax that fails to load?
I've tried a signed 32 bit value with a 16 bit mask and it loades fine here :(

Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Never mind, I reproduced the fault.
I've updated the first post with V7.5 build 326 with the fault fixed.

Regards
Paul

BlackCPG
April 20th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Never mind, I reproduced the fault.
I've updated the first post with V7.5 build 326 with the fault fixed.

Regards
Paul

Thank you!! Ignore my email...

oztracktuning
April 27th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Hi Paul
Flashing a LS1B PCM today caused trouble. It took about 8min or longer to flash and twice came up with errors at the end saying checksum errors. This was on two different ecus and using 129005 OS.

Blacky
May 1st, 2017, 09:20 AM
Hi Paul
Flashing a LS1B PCM today caused trouble. It took about 8min or longer to flash and twice came up with errors at the end saying checksum errors. This was on two different ecus and using 129005 OS.

Can you please send me the trace files of those failed and successful flashes?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 1st, 2017, 01:45 PM
Hi Paul

Confirmed that 4x mode is being ignored for VPW cal-flashing and full-flashing. Will be fixed in next update.
Still investigating the checksum errors
Regards
Paul

joecar
May 2nd, 2017, 05:25 AM
Hi Paul,

In the scantool, I add some calc pids, then the following situations evolve:
a. I go File->Save and Save Log File is greyed out;
b. I go File->Save As->Save Log File As and the save dialog places the filename Log_0001.efi (which happens to exist in my fodler) instead of the current filename of the log file;

( note that situation b. can cause you to accidentally overwrite the wrong log file ).

V7

joecar
May 2nd, 2017, 05:31 AM
( question: when I add a specific vdb and I save the log file (after adding calc pids) the scantool saves the vdb filename in the log file, is that correct...? )

V7

Blacky
May 2nd, 2017, 09:37 AM
Hi Paul,

In the scantool, I add some calc pids, then the following situations evolve:
a. I go File->Save and Save Log File is greyed out;
b. I go File->Save As->Save Log File As and the save dialog places the filename Log_0001.efi (which happens to exist in my fodler) instead of the current filename of the log file;

( note that situation b. can cause you to accidentally overwrite the wrong log file ).

V7

Item a will be fixed in the next update so that after adding/removing calc PIDs the "Save" option is enabled.
Item b should pick the next unique sequence number in the folder - still investigating why it is picking an existing filename...

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 2nd, 2017, 09:42 AM
( question: when I add a specific vdb and I save the log file (after adding calc pids) the scantool saves the vdb filename in the log file, is that correct...? )

V7

Whenever a log file is saved in V7, the current dashboard name is saved in the log file's meta data.
Whenever a log file is created using black box logging, the dashboard name specified in the V8 scan tool's "V7 compatibility options" is saved in the log file's meta data.

Regards
Paul

30 RUM
May 16th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Confirmed that 4x mode is being ignored for VPW cal-flashing and full-flashing. Will be fixed in next update.
Still investigating the checksum errors
Regards
Paul

I assume this is why it took 10min to do a full DSP5 flash on an LB7 last night? I also did have 1 test full flash give me a checksum error as well. I was able to do 3 full flashes after that without any problems, minus the 10min flash times..Ha..

Thanks,

Sam

joecar
May 17th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Paul, please see annotation in attached image.

cindy@efilive
May 17th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Paul, please see annotation in attached image.

Joe, mine will often do that when I adjust screen resolution or make text larger/smaller. Navigate to Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display and set text to Smaller 100% default, apply the changes and restart and test again.

Mine looks like this @ smallest text.

Cheers Cindy

Blacky
May 17th, 2017, 12:46 PM
It appears that 100% and 150% work OK. But when you set it to 125% that button does not get placed correctly. I have no idea why.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 17th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Found and fixed the problem. Button is now positioned correctly at all resolutions.

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 17th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Thanks.

( I checked the display text settings on my laptop and it is 125% )

Tre-Cool
June 15th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Any ideas on when the next update will come up? Particularly of interest for me is the Desoot mode options Ross added in for all the E38/E67 controllers.

I got 1 updated cal's to test out on a 2010 Camaro and it resolved a fueling issue we were getting when PE kicked in.

GMPX
June 18th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Not sure Tre-Cool, as I said if you needed any specific OS's let me know, we aren't going to push out the next update just for these E38 updates.

Tre-Cool
June 18th, 2017, 02:59 PM
no probs. Email sent.

GMPX
June 19th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Sorry Tre, just busy packing up the update so just hold tight and you'll have them all shortly :D

trudynosports
June 20th, 2017, 08:18 AM
I attempted to flash a 2011 GMC express van today. The flash appeared to finish correctly but the truck wouldn't start afterwards. I tried to do a full flash of the stock read back in and it finished without errors but still wouldn't start. I pulled the E38 ECM and bench flashed with GM software back to stock and it starts fine.

Tre-Cool
June 29th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Sorry Tre, just busy packing up the update so just hold tight and you'll have them all shortly :D

Any chance of update before the weekend?
:pokey:

cindy@efilive
June 29th, 2017, 01:54 PM
We tossed up that idea, but decided Friday releasing on a Friday with no weekend support is a bad idea....it will be released on Monday.

Cheers
Cindy

Tre-Cool
June 29th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Yeah that's cool with me, I wont need it until then